“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lions Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Lions Inn Motel
Save Saved
You added Lions Inn Motel to your Saves list
2419 Elm St., Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
las vegas
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is horrible. Cleanliness is not a priority to The Lions Inn. Our room smelled and was so dirty we couldn't even take our flip flops off! Completely outdated and gross. My husband and I were there for 10 minutes, only long enough to grap a phone book and book another hotel! We were so disgusted with our room that we debated staying in our car!

Room Tip: Just don't book here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I wouldn't even give this place 1 star...
What a disgusting place to stay. The room smelled like urine and dirty smelly feet. The sheets hadn't been changed (for quite some time by the looks of them), there was hair all over the face cloth... We tried to get another room in any other hotel/motel but there's some kind of big work boom going on in Bellingham leaving absolutely nothing else.We only needed the room for a few hours because of a very early flight to LA. We were scared to turn the lights off for fear that the insects would start investigating.. needless to say we didn't sleep at all.
And the worst part??? Being charged $90.00 for it... because the owner/manager knew full well that we were trapped and that there would be nothing available in town.... Talk about feeling violated :'-(

Room Tip: Anywhere else would be a good room in comparison
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

On our way to LA we needed an overnight as we had a very early flight so we thought it made sense to cross the border and be in the US for our 5 am flight.
After searching the Internet we found this place and all the pictures looked like it was comfortable, clean and reasonable. Well we're we wrong.
First off the office was a disaster and very unorganized, registrations piled so high and names and credit card numbers scattered every where. I even commented that he wasa a little behind in his filing.
Because I had called and reserved the room he searched the pike and had found my reservation.
When we were finally able to go to the room he opened the door and I was Flabergasted. In shock was more like it.
The room reeked of dirty socks,and urine it was gross. I will post pics so keep reading please.
The manager had left while I parked the car so it was just my daughter who saw it first.
Well I was appalled at the condition on of the room besides the smell there are so many other things that were gross.
I am usually easy going and have stayed in some pretty bad dives but this was by far the worst.
I pulled back the bed spread to find the the sheets were all messed up and the pillows were flat as cardboard. So it was apparent that the bed was never changed.
Then the bathroom well that was so gross I can't begin to describe it. I can say though that the face cloth had pubic hairs on it and the towels were frayed and they stunk.
So we called the desk but the guy had closed up and was gone. I called every hotel/motel in Bellingham to find out that there were no rooms anywhere due to a big work project that was going on.
There was no way I was going to shut the lights off for fear every cockroach and bed bug would dine on us.
So we sat up till 3 am till we could get out of there and head to the airport.
I have since sent this report to the BBB of Bellingham and trying desperately to get my money back.

Stayed April 2012
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

WHAT WE APPRECIATED:
1. With the manager Nick being so personable, accommodating, unobtrusive, and welcoming, we would definitely stay here again on what we hope to be bi-annual trips from Canada. 2. The location is perfect to easily explore the downtown and close to all amenities. Save money on gas. 3. The neighbourhood is very quiet and peaceful. 4. We didn't have pets but most of the guests had dogs of every size with them. 5. Microwave, small fridge, lots of hot water, convection heat, newly tiled bathroom, new windows, carpeting and paint. 6. Parking right outside your door. 7. Nice residential older neighbourhood with a convenience store across the street & drive through diner for getting coffee, food, etc. within walking distance. 8. Best Thai food ever at Poor Siamese....a must and very close for take out. 9. Benches outside your door for those who just want to sit or have a cigarette. 10. Queen sized bed in the standard room was good to sleep on. 11. The room was cleaned every day with no cobwebs or dust bunnies floating around. 12. Fantastic rates so more money to shop and enjoy the fine restaurants in the area. 13. Nick is a very interesting man to chat with and has a great deal of knowledge to share about the area. 14. Nick went out of his way to arrange accommodation for us as well as point out the wonderful spots locals know of to really enjoy the area.

WHAT COULD BE IMPROVED:
1. The curtains are very worn and do not hang properly on the rod. You can not open and close them and have to adjust them to close the gaps for privacy. They do not block out the light. It is a shame because it definitely makes the room look shabby despite all the work that was done to improve this older property.

SUMMARY:
If you are looking for the amenities of a Best Western or Super 8 motel chain, with newer furniture, sheets, black out drapes, soft fluffy pillows and blankets, then please keep in mind the Lion's Inn Motel is a much older property and the rates reflect it. However, if you are wanting to be out and about most of the time, sleep in undisturbed, come and go as you please, have a quiet, friendly, layed back place to hang your hat at the end of a long day, touring or shopping, then this is the place for you.

Overall, both of us agree we would book with Nick again and really want to echo the praises of others in the fact that he is a manager who is able to give the service that give motel chains competition. Thank you once again Nick. See you next time we come over the border from Canada. Cheers!

Room Tip: We only stayed in a standard room so we can not comment on the other rooms but some of them appeared...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Clean and quiet close to everything in town . Management is curteous and helpful with things to do and places to see. Will stay here anytime Im visiting the Bell.

Room Tip: Book early, this little place is hard to get into...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

My dog and I arrived in the evening. The owner, no doubt after taking in my tired appearance, asked if he could take the dog for a short walk, for which I was grateful.
The next day I asked for a garage for something small my car needed before commencing our 6 day trip east, and he showed me how to do it, then looked after it with a smile.
The bed was comfortable, great value. We know wjere to stay in Bellingham now.

• Stayed August 2011
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

This little motel has everything you need for your visit to Bellingham! Large clean rooms (with a little fridge even!), quiet, an easy walk to downtown. Friendly staff! A good price!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lions Inn Motel? Share your experiences!