“good price, close to Western Washington University” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bellingham Lodge

You added Bellingham Lodge to your Saves list
Bellingham Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   101 No. Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Travelodge Bellingham)   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Tacoma, Washington
“good price, close to Western Washington University”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last 2 years. It is a basic, comfortable, affordable hotel. The people at the front desk have always been very helpful and pleasant. The pool is very small but it would be fun for small children. The breakfast consists of drinks, muffins/pastries and fruit. It's location is convenient for visiting Western Washington University. I will stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
HELLO3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

Nice for the money. Desk staff very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was nice, and pool was fun.

• Liked — LOCATION, SERVICE, ROOMS
  • Disliked — BELLINGHAM
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
missourihee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

I had a wonderful time in Bellingham, and enjoyed myself immensely. The experience was great, and it seems like Travelodge has really changed, based on earlier reviews. The carpets were brand new, the place was clean, I had a microwave, fridge, and T.V., and the pool was fun!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — like a motel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay, and at a rate of $54 per night, the value was quite good. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful, and the place was quite. I would definitely recommend this hotel, even though weekend prices in the summer seem to be higher.

Small, but comfortable and reasonable.

• Liked — The friendly service, clean rooms, and affordable rates
  • Disliked — The somewhat small continental breakfast, even though it was good
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

My friend and I stayed there on our way back to Seattle after a concert in Vancouver last night.

It was the worst experience I've had in a long time in a hotel.

There were hairs in the bathtub, shampoo or soap drizzled and caked along the sink, fingerprints all over the window and TV and stains on the carpet.

I was barely able to climb into the bed for fear there were bedbugs waiting to join me. And I refused to use the shower this morning.

I would NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BellinghamTravelodge, Manager at Bellingham Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2009
The condition you describe is certainly unacceptable and we continuously work with our housekeeping staff to maintain our standard of cleanliness. I do hope you notified our front desk staff of your room's condition.

We most certainly do not have any infestations, we monitor and take preventive measures at the building level to ensure such infestations do not happen.

While I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel, I want to thank you for reviewing us so that we can continue to improve our service and maintain our standard of quality.

Bellingham Travelodge
St. John's NL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

We have stayed at a Travelodge in the past with positive experiences but this experience wasn't comparable. On arrival at the hotel it appeared to be clean and inviting; of course with a low priced hotel we weren't expecting five star quaity. The front desk attendent was very friendly. As we headed to the room the carpets on the stairs were very dirty and in desperate need of cleaning and/or replacing, the back doors to the parking lot were open but it seemed to be a quiet neighbourhood so I wasn't to concerned. When we entered the room it was standard no frills. The bathroom was clean but there was a few stray hairs on the door and in the shower, that didn't appeal to me. Above the bed was some dark brown sprays which in my opinion should have been repainted as it resembled blood. There was a picture dated in the late 70"s hanging next to the bed, it showed its age and at some point a moth got trapped between the glass and the picture and was squished, As with all hotels I pulled back the covers to expose the bed sheets as I know they are fresh; there was a stain evident on the sheets, it most likely should have been treated before washing but wasn't. I did call the front desk but housekeeping was gone for the day so he provided us with another set of sheets and we had to change the bed ourselves! We only spent an overnight there on our journey and was happy about that. The mattress was quite comfortable though. I don't think I would stay in this hotel again. I would have voiced my displeasure on check out but the front desk clerk that morning was very unfriendly and seemed to rush us out the door.

• Disliked — Lack of attention to obvious cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Read the trip advisor
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kelowna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

This hotel boasted 'all the amenities that you can expect'.
Our room did not have a microwave. (stated there was)
Our room did not have a fridge. (stated there was)
Our room did not have a hair dryer. (stated there was)
Our room had a faulty coffee pot. We did ask for another and it was replaced.
Free internet service stated. The internet was not working and we were told it has not been for 6 years.
The breakfast was full of calories; great orange juice.
No newspaper provided.
The out doors of the hotel were left open leading to security issues.
The location was acceptable.
Night staff was informative regarding directions.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Bellingham Lodge? Share your experiences!