“Dirtiest Room in Bellingham” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bellingham Lodge

You added Bellingham Lodge to your Saves list
Bellingham Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   101 No. Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Travelodge Bellingham)   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Seattle, WA
“Dirtiest Room in Bellingham”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

My friend and I stayed there on our way back to Seattle after a concert in Vancouver last night.

It was the worst experience I've had in a long time in a hotel.

There were hairs in the bathtub, shampoo or soap drizzled and caked along the sink, fingerprints all over the window and TV and stains on the carpet.

I was barely able to climb into the bed for fear there were bedbugs waiting to join me. And I refused to use the shower this morning.

I would NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BellinghamTravelodge, Manager at Bellingham Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2009
The condition you describe is certainly unacceptable and we continuously work with our housekeeping staff to maintain our standard of cleanliness. I do hope you notified our front desk staff of your room's condition.

We most certainly do not have any infestations, we monitor and take preventive measures at the building level to ensure such infestations do not happen.

While I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel, I want to thank you for reviewing us so that we can continue to improve our service and maintain our standard of quality.

Bellingham Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. John's NL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

We have stayed at a Travelodge in the past with positive experiences but this experience wasn't comparable. On arrival at the hotel it appeared to be clean and inviting; of course with a low priced hotel we weren't expecting five star quaity. The front desk attendent was very friendly. As we headed to the room the carpets on the stairs were very dirty and in desperate need of cleaning and/or replacing, the back doors to the parking lot were open but it seemed to be a quiet neighbourhood so I wasn't to concerned. When we entered the room it was standard no frills. The bathroom was clean but there was a few stray hairs on the door and in the shower, that didn't appeal to me. Above the bed was some dark brown sprays which in my opinion should have been repainted as it resembled blood. There was a picture dated in the late 70"s hanging next to the bed, it showed its age and at some point a moth got trapped between the glass and the picture and was squished, As with all hotels I pulled back the covers to expose the bed sheets as I know they are fresh; there was a stain evident on the sheets, it most likely should have been treated before washing but wasn't. I did call the front desk but housekeeping was gone for the day so he provided us with another set of sheets and we had to change the bed ourselves! We only spent an overnight there on our journey and was happy about that. The mattress was quite comfortable though. I don't think I would stay in this hotel again. I would have voiced my displeasure on check out but the front desk clerk that morning was very unfriendly and seemed to rush us out the door.

• Disliked — Lack of attention to obvious cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Read the trip advisor
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kelowna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

This hotel boasted 'all the amenities that you can expect'.
Our room did not have a microwave. (stated there was)
Our room did not have a fridge. (stated there was)
Our room did not have a hair dryer. (stated there was)
Our room had a faulty coffee pot. We did ask for another and it was replaced.
Free internet service stated. The internet was not working and we were told it has not been for 6 years.
The breakfast was full of calories; great orange juice.
No newspaper provided.
The out doors of the hotel were left open leading to security issues.
The location was acceptable.
Night staff was informative regarding directions.

• Stayed March 2006
The NW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2005

I stayed here in March 2005 and yes it was spartan but the bed was very comfortable and I actually got a good nights rest. Although there were kids galore everywhere (some kind of graduation going on) it was quiet at night and very restful.
I had a non-smoking room and yes, if you are highly allergic to cigarette smoke, don't stay here because even in my room, you could smell it a little but it didn't bother me at all.
I got a night for 44.10 and let me tell you...I'd stay here again. It could've been cleaner but for the most part, it was clean enough even for me and I can be picky.
Everything is nearby....a Top Foods is just around the corner and a Stuart Andersons steak house is right across the street and you can't go wrong there.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2003

I stayed there last week. Granted, it is rather spartan, but the mattress was firm and new, the bed linen and towels adequate, and I did not notice any "improper" activities that apparently take place in other motels nearby. The guests included families with kids, househunting retirees, some European turists, and Greyhound drivers catching some shuteye. Very convenient to the Sehome Village and WWU.
Not a bad value at their website rate ($43).

Monroe, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2003

I recently stayed at the Travelodge due to a bicycle ride I was on that went through Bellingham. Their normal rate is rated on your website as $38-58, however I just paid $99 to stay in the filthiest room ever!! I was given a smoking room (they were full). The carpet was stained, the upholstery on the chairs was stained, the lamp shades were burned & melted, the tv top was melted & the power cord was spliced, the bedspread had a hole in it, the curtains had holes in them and were sticky. The sheets & towels were thinner than anything I had ever seen in my life.

I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ever stay there again.

Been to Bellingham Lodge? Share your experiences!