“Good place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bellingham Lodge

You added Bellingham Lodge to your Saves list
Bellingham Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   101 No. Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Travelodge Bellingham)   |
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Good place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Booked a room for Saturday night, because of the great value. After reading some of the highly negative reviews, I must admit I was having second thoughts. But, we forged on ahead, and we had a great stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, bathroom was spotless, a nice quiet location, and we slept very well. Very friendly, helpful front desk. Don't know where all the negative reviews came from, we enjoyed our stay, great value, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

If you want a good night's sleep, don't stay here. You can hear the people in the room above you walking around and using the washroom. The room was not cleaned properly at all, the cleaning staff must've made the beds and walked out. The tub was still dirty, there was an old coffee cup still left on the table and the garbage was not removed from the room. As for showering, the water pressure changed frequently and the water ran cold half way through everyones shower. The hotel also double charged us because we were there during graduation ceremonies at the University. The average nightly cost is about $45 and we were charged $89. Our room keys were disabled after one night although they had pre charged us for two nights.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Several friends and I stayed at the Bellingham Travelodge overnight while attending a nearby soccer tournament. For the price we paid and what we needed, this hotel suited us just fine. The room was very basic and had exactly what you'd expect from a hotel room: beds, TV, phone, closet, towels, soap, and shampoo. Most important, though, was that the room and linens were clean.

Following a long day of soccer, we took advantage of the hotel's pool, hot tub, and sauna. Be forewarned that, like the size of the hotel, all of these amenities are very small. Nevertheless, they did the trick for a quick and relaxing dip. Showers are provided in nearby bathrooms, and the facilities are accessible via a keycoded gate (the access code is provided by the front desk staff).

The hotel itself is very conveniently located near I-5, Western Washington University, other hotels, eateries, a supermarket, and several coffee shops.

Overall, my friends and I got just what we wanted: a cheap and clean place to crash for the night.

• Liked — Cheap and clean
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
BellinghamTravelodge, Owner / Manager at Bellingham Lodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Thank you for staying at Bellingham Travelodge and reviewing our hotel at TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your business. We do strive to maintain clean, well-furnished rooms at competitive rates while providing expected and valued amenities and service. We're glad you would recommend us to your friends.

Thanks again,
Bellingham Travelodge
Washington State
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Due to WWU's graduation weekend this was literally the last room in town. It was dirty from the slime covered door knob to the soiled sheets. Standards are low or Travelodge does not police their franchises. From the mold under the bathroom sink to the severe stinch of smoke the room was a toxic dump. This hotel is runned like it is in a third world country. Definately a health risk and after this experience I would not stay at a Travelodge again.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — UNCLEAN, HEALTH RISK
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I don't really know where to begin. I booked my stay on expedia.com, mainly due to the amenities stated on the hotel information section. These included microwave/fridge, continental breakfast, heated pool, and hot tub/sauna. Fairly common among motels of this level, yes, but when a hotel lists these amenities you would expect to have these at your disposal upon your arrival, right? Well, kinda...

The best part of my experience at this Travelodge was walking into the lobby for the first time. Obviously newly renovated, the lobby was fairly impressive. Unfortunately, it was all down hill from there.

After checking in, I ventured to my room located on the first floor. There were three things that immediately caught my attention: the putrid smell of cigarette smoke, grossly stained carpeted floors, and walls that looked like they haven't been painted in decades. I thought to myself, "Okay, this is just the hall, I'll wait and make judgment until I get to our room." I get to my room, stick my card in the reader. Nothing happens. I repeatedly kept sliding my card in and out and nothing happens. Interesting. I go back to the front desk, and the girl who works there tells me that the card actually goes in upside down into the reader. Upside down? Yeah, that seemed like the most obvious way how to do it...

Anyway, I finally get into my room and I immediately notice problems all over the place. I honestly spotted problems without even having to search for them (windows so dirty I could barely see through them, curtains so old and ragged that they literally fall apart when you pull them, carpets with various stains, hair on the counter in the bathroom, gross shower, mildew/mold around and behind the toilet - the list goes on!)

I go to the front desk and switch rooms, and am sent upstairs to a new room. I'll admit that this new room is light years better than the one I was in, but it was missing some key amenities listed on the website (fridge/microwave). I call the front desk and am told that apparently not all the rooms have micro/fridge and that she had to go search through vacant rooms to find some. The poor girl checked like 15 rooms and could only find a microwave that I swear was from the 80s. She said that she could call her manager and see if she could buy some more and send it to my room ASAP. I told her it was okay, I didn't really need it, just that I would have liked to have them considering it was guaranteed, but whatever, life goes on.

Since it was a nice day out, I thought I'd head to the pool area and check it out. Thank god I checked it first rather than jump in aimlessly. This pool area was quite possibly the most pathetic attempt at a pool area I have ever seen. Not only was the pool tiny (probably four people could fit in it), the water was green! God knows what filth and bacteria live in the Bellingham Travelodge pool, but I am pretty sure that if I even got close to the water I would have gotten some crazy skin disease. Oh, and the hot tub/sauna room reeks of mildew and mold.

As the night came to a close, I go back to my room and lay down on the bed. Who knows if I had clean sheets, I tried real hard not to think about it and hoped they were.

I wake up and head downstairs to the continental breakfast, which was pathetic as well. Old bananas, stale cereal, suspect danishes, and frozen concentrate orange juice (which was hilariously being chilled in a bowl of melted ice). The unkempt appearance of the room wasn't very inviting either, with garbage cans overfilling everywhere. Pretty sure there has to be some health code violations going on.

After checking out, I noticed a computer station by the door. The note on it said "Internet access: $1.00 per 15 minutes of use". A dollar for 15 minutes? What is this, 1998?

I probably should have gotten a refund after seeing that first room, but if I did, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to write this wordy review. It's not even a review really, it's more of an extreme warning to anyone considering staying here.

This is the worst Travelodge I have ever stayed in.

• Liked — Front desk girl
  • Disliked — Pool of Death
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cameron Park, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

Every step you take....I'll be hearing you. This hotel's floors are creaky and the walls are thin. Every step taken by the guests upstairs and in the hallway was heard loud and clear in our room.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — noisy room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

Sat. Paid $91. It looks like they just don’t much care. Place seemed run down and they don’t even do much in curb appeal (blackberries and unkempt grass). Bathroom sink stopped up. The “enhanced” continental breakfast was a joke, not well stocked and messy.
Desk people were friendly and location was good. Room was quiet.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — amenities
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bellingham Lodge? Share your experiences!