“Construction Zone” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Construction Zone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel rooms were clean and well maintained. At the time of our stay, hotel was undergoing major renovations which we were not aware of at the time of our booking. The construction work was limited to the first floor, but it made the lobby unserviceable and the business center unfunctional. Only one computer to book your flights and it was open to the whole public including kids who were playing games on the computer.
Breakfast and hostessing room was fantastic! One of the best I have seen yet. Lots of tables and comfortable chairs.
One issue we had with the room, was the noisy water pipes. When the surrounding rooms turned on their showers, the water flow was very noticeable as was the draining water noise. This included the room above us. I will assume this will be looked after as part of the renovations.
Whe the renovations are complete, I think this will be a great stop for overnight stays at the Airport

Room Tip: Take a pool viewing room so you do not have to watch or here highway traffic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wife and I drove up for the Rambler Car show in August

We Walked into the room and thought we was in a Suite

it was as wife put it a Very Beautiful Room

Bed was Comfy Breakfast was great all in all Great Place to stay would stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

After we ran screaming from another area hotel, the Hampton Inn was perfect. A bit out of town but it was just fine and a quick drive from downtown. They are doing some remodeling which will hopefully alleviate the overcrowded and hot breakfast room. Food was better than average. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Littleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

as my title indicates, my room was comfortable and quiet, and the location is very convenient. Hotel had some renovations going on but I never heard anything and the workmen were very considerate of the hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was traveling on vacation and ended up staying in Bellingham since Burlington hotels were full. I was here for two nights. Bottom line: Would stay here again.

The below average:

1) Hotel was being remodeled with no work actually seen being done. The lobby was torn up and the breakfast area was in a side room. No place to really unwind other than your room.

2) Skimpy on the hotel conveniences - no mouthwash or any extras. Just shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I like mouthwash.

3) No minifridge. What sorcery is this? I like cold drinks in the morning and to occasionally hoard leftovers for weird breakfasts. Boo.

4) Wifi speed. Horrible but all 3 Hamptons I stayed in during my trek through WA state had good speeds. 1.2 down and .87 up. Use your phone instead.

5) Hallways could get noisy. The Fox Hall event center brought mildly celebratory and intoxicated guests back into the hotel at weird hours. Ask for a third floor room. It will help.

6) Air temp in the room varied a lot. I'd wake up sweating in the night with the thermostat on 66. Did not like.

The above average:

1) A HYDROSWIRL! The room we were in came with a jetted tub. I never used it but it was nice having a place to put bathroom stuff and prop up for shaving.

2) Loveseat - I liked the loveseat in the room instead of a tiny, tiny chair.

The met expectations:

1) Breakfast was typical and bare bones. Only had meat-based protein once while we were there in the morning. Didn't always have eggs either. Nothing special. It did have the industrial grade oatmeal though. Get your fiber.

2) Bed. Hampton Inns always have nice beds.

3) Location - close to I-5, was what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and clean even through lobby renovation.The staff was accommodating and helped make my experience great! I will stay here exclusively when I am in town. The breakfast was really good with a variety everyday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jerome, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here on business for 28 nights. In a room for 4 days for which I had paid for an upgrade, there was no fridge or microwave. Then, due to guest volume, I was moved to another room that did have the appliances. Although the remakes were very well done, the room, mostly the bathroom, stank of mold and feces, possibly from the ventilation or drain systems. The television worked only in black and white when I plugged in my game system. Free wifi worked well and breakfast was well done. While I liked the early weekday breakfast lady and the maintenance man, the three young female desk clerks were unprofessional, not helpful, and rude, and one was unable to answer questions about the HHilton Honors program. I requested that the television problem be fixed, but it was not addressed during my stay. For these reasons, I insisted that my company move me to a different hotel for the last 4 nights of my stay.

Room Tip: In the 30s and 40s; these have already been remodeled, and are farther away from the smoke. 4th flo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex N, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Joni,

Thank you for your review.
I would first like to apologize for our service not being what you should expect from a Hampton.
I know that we worked on fixing the problem with you and thought that we had done the job to your satisfaction. I know that we try our best to help everyone have a great experience but we can fall short. I hope that if you are in town again you will give us another chance. Let me know if you have any further comments.

All the Best,
Alex Nephew
alex.nephew@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport? Share your experiences!