“Clean and comfy!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
California
“Clean and comfy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

After we ran screaming from another area hotel, the Hampton Inn was perfect. A bit out of town but it was just fine and a quick drive from downtown. They are doing some remodeling which will hopefully alleviate the overcrowded and hot breakfast room. Food was better than average. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Littleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

as my title indicates, my room was comfortable and quiet, and the location is very convenient. Hotel had some renovations going on but I never heard anything and the workmen were very considerate of the hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was traveling on vacation and ended up staying in Bellingham since Burlington hotels were full. I was here for two nights. Bottom line: Would stay here again.

The below average:

1) Hotel was being remodeled with no work actually seen being done. The lobby was torn up and the breakfast area was in a side room. No place to really unwind other than your room.

2) Skimpy on the hotel conveniences - no mouthwash or any extras. Just shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I like mouthwash.

3) No minifridge. What sorcery is this? I like cold drinks in the morning and to occasionally hoard leftovers for weird breakfasts. Boo.

4) Wifi speed. Horrible but all 3 Hamptons I stayed in during my trek through WA state had good speeds. 1.2 down and .87 up. Use your phone instead.

5) Hallways could get noisy. The Fox Hall event center brought mildly celebratory and intoxicated guests back into the hotel at weird hours. Ask for a third floor room. It will help.

6) Air temp in the room varied a lot. I'd wake up sweating in the night with the thermostat on 66. Did not like.

The above average:

1) A HYDROSWIRL! The room we were in came with a jetted tub. I never used it but it was nice having a place to put bathroom stuff and prop up for shaving.

2) Loveseat - I liked the loveseat in the room instead of a tiny, tiny chair.

The met expectations:

1) Breakfast was typical and bare bones. Only had meat-based protein once while we were there in the morning. Didn't always have eggs either. Nothing special. It did have the industrial grade oatmeal though. Get your fiber.

2) Bed. Hampton Inns always have nice beds.

3) Location - close to I-5, was what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and clean even through lobby renovation.The staff was accommodating and helped make my experience great! I will stay here exclusively when I am in town. The breakfast was really good with a variety everyday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Jerome, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here on business for 28 nights. In a room for 4 days for which I had paid for an upgrade, there was no fridge or microwave. Then, due to guest volume, I was moved to another room that did have the appliances. Although the remakes were very well done, the room, mostly the bathroom, stank of mold and feces, possibly from the ventilation or drain systems. The television worked only in black and white when I plugged in my game system. Free wifi worked well and breakfast was well done. While I liked the early weekday breakfast lady and the maintenance man, the three young female desk clerks were unprofessional, not helpful, and rude, and one was unable to answer questions about the HHilton Honors program. I requested that the television problem be fixed, but it was not addressed during my stay. For these reasons, I insisted that my company move me to a different hotel for the last 4 nights of my stay.

Room Tip: In the 30s and 40s; these have already been remodeled, and are farther away from the smoke. 4th flo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex N, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Joni,

Thank you for your review.
I would first like to apologize for our service not being what you should expect from a Hampton.
I know that we worked on fixing the problem with you and thought that we had done the job to your satisfaction. I know that we try our best to help everyone have a great experience but we can fall short. I hope that if you are in town again you will give us another chance. Let me know if you have any further comments.

All the Best,
Alex Nephew
alex.nephew@hilton.com
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is one of the hotels in the Hampton Inn chain that is ready for a remodel. It looks like the lobby area has started a remodel but no apparent plan for remodeling the dated rooms. Great location right off the highway and easy access to the wonderfully small Bellingham airport. Clean rooms. Vending machines in the lobby but no small shop for food choices at night. One restaurant within walking distance - Greek food. Good size outdoor pool with standard pool furniture and setting. Price was at the top of the other area limited service hotels that we checked.

Room Tip: Ask for the AAA rate to save a little bit. Manager says all rooms are the same level of finish
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
squamish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family and I love this hotel and always stay here. Warm and welcoming staff, good clean rooms, great complementary breakfast, free internet and free parking! Close to airport, shopping and not too far from downtown Bellingham.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport? Share your experiences!