“Great Hotel to use for Airport!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA members up to 10% off
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Hotel to use for Airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We found this hotel was perfect for accessing the Bellingham airport! The staff were friendly and very hospitable and the rooms were clean. The breakfast was the standard for your basic quick meal in the morning.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway and the hall used for the weddings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for a good friends wedding over the weekend. Beautiful wedding, had a great time. Until the hotel got involved, DANIEL the worker at the time, came to the room, and very poorly handled a noise complaint. I have worked with the hotel services for years, and never have I dealt with someone with as poor as manners as Daniel had. He was rude beyond belief. We ended up all taking a taxi home because he made us all uncomfortable staying at the hotel. When I called to get an understanding on the issue, he had just as rudely responded with no idea on what was going on. I will never stay here willingly. Nor ever recommend someone to stay here. I had great hope for the stay, however the workers need to work on their hospitality and how to handle customers. I feel very disrespected and wasted my money on a room that I didn't even get to stay in. Having lived in Bellingham all my life, I know for a fact that there are better places to stay at where I get great service and am not disrespected as I was at the Hampton inn.

Room Tip: Stay at the Chrysalis! Had a great experience there!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Bethany, I would first like to thank you for your honest opinion. We try very hard to make every guests stay as pleasant as possible, this was obviously not the case for your stay. We would like to follow up and find out more about what happened during your stay so that we may take quick and appropriate action to rectify the situation. Please contact us immediately at 360-676-7700 or email the general manager Trey Campbell at trey.campbell@hilton.com. Trey will be your contact for anything that you need handled.
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our preferred location when visiting WWU. The rooms are well appointed and maintained. When busy activity on first floor can bring extra noise to rooms on the main hallways. We have learned to request a room not on the first floor when marking reservations. Complimentary breakfast is good but seating can be limited. Easy to access from I-5. There is not a lot of great food choices near by so be prepared to drive for meals. There is a gas station and mini mart close by. The hotel can see a lot of one night traffic due the airport and WWU and parking can be an issue when WWU has a major function. Reservations are recommended.

Running out of things to say but must meet the 200 word limit to post a review. Suggest that the site reconsider the high limit as not all locations warrant a comprehensive and lengthy review..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Besides seeing our son at WWU parents weekend Colleen at the front desk made our trip. She pointed us in the best directions for great local eats where we could dodge the crowds. She was friendly, understanding of our needs and loved local food and was informed. Thank you Colleen! We'll be back!
The hotel room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Gave a positive review earlier this year of this location and nothing has changed since. Just a very nice place, clean, and comfy.
I stayed here at the beginning of my trip and at the end. (used Bellingham Airport) Room was clean, bed was comfy and the breakfast was good.
If I had any gripes, and they are so minor, I would request a liner to go against the window when curtains are closed. The curtain has gaps that allow people from the parking lot to see in to the room. I would also request the coffee machines be cleaned better. My machine has such a strong old coffee smell I choose not to use it.
Breakfast has many numerous items to choose from. You sure won't go away hungry. The first stay, the breakfast was just ok but the second one was VERY good. Oatmeal was better prepared the second day too. Not watery like first day. Not sure if having a different gal prepare the breakfast made the difference but it was sure noticeable to me. The evening "drinks and snacks" is a nice touch they've added. Had lemonade with some snack mix. Cookies are better too although I would warm them or place them on a warmer. Trey does a great job managing this place. I'd put him in the top 10 of Hilton property managers I've dealt with around the country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is located right off I5 and really close to the airport. Rooms are clean and have very comfortable beds. There is a great breakfast included in your stay. With so many Canadians flying from Bellingham this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gilroy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Typical Hampton Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were good. However, its apparent that some maintenance is missing. The sink in our room drained vary very slowly. I would have thought that the cleaning staff would have seen this, reported it to maintenance and it would have been fixed before we got there . Internet speed was slow as I remember.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
doslobos, thank you for your comments. We really appreciate the fact that you could point this ourtfor us, I hope that this was taken care of during your stay. If not, maybe in the future you could let the front desk know and they will send up maintenance quickly to fix the problem. We try hard to catch everything and we know we can't, but we try =) We want everyone to have the most comfortable experience possible. Internet is something we continue to work on and we are working with our service providers to get faster internet to all of our guests. Thank again for your comments!

Been to Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport? Share your experiences!