“Great staff, close to the airport, Clean, comfortable rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Great staff, close to the airport, Clean, comfortable rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here two weeks while doing some work at the airport.

All the staff I dealt with from the shuttle drivers, to front desk, to house keeping were all very pleasant.

The hotel itself was clean, rooms clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was typical Hampton Inn free breakfast. Nothing to write home about but it was free.

There isn't much nearby. There is an excellent Greek Restaurant within walking distance but it's a little pricey. It was worth it though. Unfortunately the shuttle only runs to the airport and sometimes the mall across town at the drivers discretion.. so food options are a bit limited.

It's a good place to stay the night before a flight or if arriving late on a flight.

Also, there is an outdoor heated pool. I didn't have time to check it out though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We just stayed one night, arriving after 10 pm and leaving by 8 am, but we had a good experience none the less. Although the hotel website doesn't mention it that I could find, they do in fact offer a free shuttle service to and from Bellingham airport.

The staff - from the shuttle driver who brought us some info on Victoria, BC after learning that was our destination - to the front desk staff member the next morning who told us all about the "Ski to Sea" race happening that weekend - to the breakfast area associate who charmed us with her humor - were all welcoming and very friendly.

Our room was clean and good sized. Add in free wi-fi and breakfast (admittedly not gourmet) and how can you go wrong?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosengarten, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We just wanted a stay before our flight to Vegas, so we booked this hotel. It has a complementry shuttle to the airport, which is very convenient.

The breakfast wasn't really good, you could tell that everything was made to be cheap. We never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but to be honest, in my opinion plastic cutlery and paper plates aren't really contemporary. It's quite funny, because actually, like every hotel, they have a sign in the bathroom about "Our environment... towels.... blabla". So buy a dishwasher and some reusable dishes, it's not expensive. Just charge every guest 5$ more for the room, then you have the costs back in no time.

Sleep was ok, that's the main thing.

Oh, what I almost forgot. I accitently booked for June, so I changed my reservation and even got a confirmation eMail about this change. As I arrived at the hotel, the lady at the reception told me that they don't have a reservation for this night.... but she solved it after all, so I'm not rating this issue.

Room Tip: If you change your reservation at the Hampton Inn Website, call the hotel afterwards and ask if ever...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Excellent breakfast with the hot scrambled eggs. Loved the welcome cookies too and the access to drinks 24-7! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel was easy to find. The staff was helpful, and the rooms were much much nicer than the average Hampton Inn. They were recently done, and seemed much higher end. Like getting a nice Hilton Garden Inn for $30 less a night and the complimentry breakfast.

Just 4 minutes south on the freeway is lots of dining options and mall shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in 2 rooms. Both rooms had comforters that were so worn out the stuffing was all balled up in them and they weren't even warm. This might be expected in a Motel 6, but not when I'm paying > $120/night. Both rooms had a weird smoked in smell, and since I was told this is a non-smoking hotel, that seems really inappropriate.

The complimentary "breakfast" was inedible, aside from the pieces of fruit. The eggs were clearly powdered, under-seasoned and an odd combination of undercooked in some places and overcooked in others. The sausage gravy (traditionally served with biscuits but not at the Hampton Inn) was also inedible. After attempting 2 inedible dishes and really terrible coffee, I ate a banana from the selection, vowed to myself to never again stay at the Hampton Inn in Bellingham (which is sad, because I've had such good experiences at other Hampton Inns), and stopped at Starbucks for some coffee.

Never again will I pay money to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
SeeTheWorld000, we are are sorry to here that your experience at our property is not was you are used to experiencing from the Hampton Brand. We are aware of the issue with our comforters and have been recently been removing them. We have moved to a higher quality comforter that does not clump on every dry. We would like to learn more about your stay and learn how we can improve upon our service. Our staff works hard so that everyone can have a great experience and any chance we get to improve we want to hear it. Please give us a call our phone number is 360-676-7700, we would like to find out where the best way we can make those improvements. I would hope that you would give our property another chance when you are in Bellingham. If not I understand. Thank you for your response.
Bellingham, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

While the hotel is conveniently located and quiet, the doors have a large space underneath them, meaning smells in the hall become smells in your room. Staff was prompt to spray when a neighbor began illegally smoking in a nearby room. They were able to switch me to a new room, but that room had a lumpy comforter that literally had 6-7" in diameter clumps in some areas and absolutely no fill in other areas. Basically my comforter looked like lumpy rain clouds, not the kind you'd want to sleep with. When I brought that up, the girl at the front desk told me they all look like that due to washing. If that is true, then my first room's blanket was never washed, and the hotel uses such cheap blankets that they are rendered useless once they are washed. In any case, I was less than pleased with the hotel, despite staff efforts to be helpful. It just wasn't up to the usual Hampton inn standards.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
T Y, thank you so much for your response. I can completely understand how you feel. I am glad that our staff was able to move you to different accommodations. Unfortunately the comforter was not what was expected. I spoke with our Lead in Laundry about the comforters and why there would be a difference. As it turns out they found out that the fibers in the comforters had a problem with clumping when it came to drying them. Now, we are required to clean EVERY comforter after each stay, therefore the clumping can become more pronounced as you found out. The Laundry has already begun getting rid of those and purchasing new comforters that are of higher quality and NO clumping. This is what you witnessed in the first room you were assigned in. We hope that you do choose to stay with us again. If you would like to discuss more things we can improve upon I would be more than happy to listen. Thanks again for your comments.

Been to Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport? Share your experiences!