“This one was a surpise, a very pleasant one!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vermont
“This one was a surpise, a very pleasant one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

Okay, I stayed at a holiday inn last night so that will really make me an expert. This one seemed brand new though another reviewer had been staying there for 3 years?... Great spacious room, comfortable beds and big bathroom with one of those new curved shower curtains and lots of towels, nice pillows and bedsheets. Usually I wouldn't get too excited about a holiday inn (they were still taking reservations back in the '70s at the Beirut Holiday Inn when the evening news showed pictures its burned out hulk each night... or was that the Beirut Hilton). However this was definitely five star for the money. No worn hall rugs, beatup elevators,etc. Everything shiny and clean. I never expect their breakfast buffet to even resemble a Swiss or German one, so I wasn't disappointed but this one was passable and the coffee was drinkable. (The annoying part about all of these chains' buffet breakfast is that it just wouldn't cost that much more to serve a decent coffee...)
Highly recommend this location...

Stayed July 2007

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

I have stayed here about 6 times in the past 3 years. I love this hotel! Its the best value in Bellingham. Beautiful and warm indoor pool, nice hot tub. Rooms are large, comfy beds, comfy pillows and very sound proof. I have never been woken with noise. Beautiful and plentiful complimentary breakfast including hot cinnamon buns! You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Suffolk, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

Feb. 2007 for 10 days, is not the best time to be here in Bellingham, Wa. or maybe it's just been my luck. RAIN almost every day. Being here for work and nasty weather doesn't make for a nice stay but this hotel has gone out of their way to make our stay most hospitable. Staff is very friendly and courtious. Rooms are great. Would most likely highly recommend this location for anyone I would know that may be comming this way.

Stayed February 2007
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

I travel a lot and stay mostly in four star hotels. I've also stayed in my fair share of dives. On a recent roadtrip to Canada, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bellingham for a quick night's stop. I was thoroughly impressed by my whole experience! Pulled right up to a spot by the front door (!) and checked in in two minutes. A quick trip up a slow elevator brought us to our second floor, non-smoking room overlooking the patio, just outside the indoor pool and hottub. There were inviting tables and chairs on the patio and some people were enjoying the evening. It was quiet and I felt like we were in a neighborhood--even though we were on a main street amidst stripmalls. The room was spotless and had plenty of great lighting. I hate a dark hotel room. The bed was comfy and we could even open the window and get some fresh air. The bathroom was perfect: great showerhead, great bath products, good free coffee and maker right there for you. On our way out, the next morning, we had breakfast (which was on par with what I usually eat in the morning) and an easy check out. Everyone was very friendly and the whole place had a very relaxed, easy going atmostphere. It felt homey. Congrats for getting it right!

• Liked — For a 2 star hotel, you get excellent value!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bellingham? Share your experiences!