“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed a Friday to Sunday. $60 on Priceline per night. Although was given smoking room when requested non. Gave us some spray as it was really strong smell. Thin walls and I think all families were put in one section. After saying that, had a wonderful stay.

Indoor pool and hot tub. Great complimentary bfst which was always being restocked, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, cin buns, eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc etc. Lots of parking, parking around back is easiest as lot in front gets full at night. A couple minutes from Bellis Fair Mall. Not too far off of I-5. Updated rooms, although bathroom could be updated next. Friendly staff. Free wi-fi. Fridge and microwave in room, complimentary micro popcorn. Free cot and crib (real hotel crib, not playpen).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I have stayed here in the past and experienced pleasant stays. This time was no different. I stayed here for one night before a conference. The hotel staff was polite. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast which included items like cereal, fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls, biscuits, bagels, pre-made omelet, juice and coffee was satisfactory. I didn't use the pool, so I am unable to comment on it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Hotel seems plenty serviceable, but I have noticed the walls are VERY thin. So thin i could hear our next door neighbor put the toilet seat down in the bathroom, just as loud as if it was comng from our bathroom. Maybe bad bathroom placement, since we have not heard talking/voices, but when they showered it was incredibly loud as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

The rooms were nice, but ... I came here last year after purchasing a non-smoking room two days prior. When I arrived they told me that I was going to stay in a room that somebody had just left. Apparently the person had been smoking in this non-smoking room. I said it was not going to work out. They did place me in an upgraded room. But I have to say, that while they were showing me around, I got that funny feeling, you know, that feeling when somebody is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
Well, I decided to return because I was familiar with the area and hotel. The room was nice, but when I hooked up to their "high speed" internet, it was running at .36 Mb/s. So I called the font desk to notify them thinking something must be wrong. They basically said the hotel was full and that I would have to live with it. I told him it was unacceptable to advertise the room as "high speed." He basically said nothing, to my dismay. I will not stay here next year when I'm back in the area. I'll probably try the Comfort Inn or Best Western.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Olympia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I wasn't expecting too much for king suite at a chain motel for under $100, but I was impressed. The bed was very comfortable, and I usually stay and fancy hotels on business. The workout facility next door (free with your stay) is huge with every weight machine you can imagine plus free weights and classes, and everything was quite clean, quiet, and operating well. We got the "junior suite", so there's a half-height partition between bedroom and sitting area and a kitchenette with fridge and microwave. Free breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon buns, yogurt, and all the usual hotel breakfast stuff. We didn't try to small indoor pool and spa. I figure breakfast and gym use saved us about $40, so we got the room for $56 + tax; great deal.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I used to love this little hotel but after my recent stay I can tell you that something happened here that changed things. It is not a friendly, welcoming place. The staff are just not interested anymore, or there has been some kind of a change which has influenced the hotel, in a negative way.
I found the staff to be very offhand and rude.
This hotel is not as clean as it used to be. I am not surprised to see an entry from someone saying they got scabies nor am I surprised to see a recent entry about abysmal service with no baby crib being supplied in a timely manner.
My bedding was not clean (I do not really want to go into detail) so I reported it but they seemed not to care and it was not changed. I reported it once again politely and still no interest. The third time I was a little more assertive, asking specifically for housekeeping to please change the bed as I would not sleep in it but one hour later it had still not been changed. One more polite call (I was beginning to get a little impatient, I must say) and I asked when they would be coming with clean sheets. They did eventually come over an hour after my final call! I feel as though the staff or management really do not care one way or the other. I felt like I was putting them out by reporting a problem.
I have stayed here many times and always returned before but I truly feel that there are better options now that the hotel is not being run with customer service as a high priority.
I will never stay in this hotel again. My main priorities are clean beds,clean hotel and welcoming atmosphere. You will not find it here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Binfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We needed somewhere to stop overnight having flown to Seattle from London. We were heading for Whistler and booked this hotel. It costs $80 for the night and our expectations were not high.
We got a room with two queen beds, microwave, coffee machine and full bathroom with all the usual amenities.
The welcome was warm and recognized the fact that my wife holds a Platinum priority card. There was no upgrade and it was a HI express after all.
Next day we got breakfast of cereal, coffee, egg bacon and fabulous cinnamon buns.
There was a pool which we did not use and free wi fi which we did. It is nice to see that free wi fi is becoming more available even if you have to go down market to get it.
Overall, fantastic value for money. It may not be a place to vacation but for a stopover it was great.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family