The sign in the elevator advised us to watch for the renovations that are on their way. So travelers in the future will undoubtedly enjoy better accommodations than we experienced. Nothing too outrageous, but the room definitely shows its age and the wear and tear on the furniture. It felt very cramped, too -- but on the other hand it's nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
There was an overwhelming and unpleasant smell of room deodorizer when we entered, and it didn't go away despite running the box A/C unit and opening the window.
We were awakened very late at night (1:00 or 2:00 a.m.) by both an overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke and a noisy bunch of guys who apparently had closed a nearby bar and were carrying on their party directly underneath our window (3rd floor) and smoking on the smoker's bench situated there. We had to call downstairs to have security shoo them away.
Breakfast was free, but it was also kind of skimpy and easy to pass up. Some fresh fruit I remember, maybe a few toast and cereal options?
There's no shuttle, but they will call a cab for you and give you a voucher. We used ours to get to the train station in Fairhaven (about $25 on the meter).
There is a sports bar adjacent to the hotel that was recommended to us as a good place for dinner. The meal was only fair (typical greasy bar food), but the servers were very friendly. It is down a fairly steep hill by foot from the hotel entrance.
All in all, this is a serviceable hotel for a stayover on a road trip, but not a destination by any means. The value pricing reflects that, so no disappointments there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want convenience, affordability, and a name you can always depend on for quality service, come to our Holiday Inn Express Bellingham hotel. We are conveniently located and easy to find for all your shopping, entertainment and business needs. Located within walking distance of Bellis Fair Mall, we are a great location at which to stay when coming to Mount Baker Ski Area or San Juan Islands. We are also centrally located to three casinos: Silver Reef Casino, Nooksack Casino and Skagit Valley Casino Resort. We offer a heated, indoor pool and Jacuzzi, a complimentary deluxe breakfast bar (now including hot items), free access to a full service health club adjacent to the hotel, complimentary taxi service to and from the local transportation depots, and local calls made at no charge to you. We also offer free high-speed Internet both wired and wireless in all rooms. New business center available in lobby area.Visit Bellingham, WA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bellingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bellingham Hotel Bellingham
- Bellingham Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Bellingham