“Time to Set Things Straight” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Vernon, Canada
“Time to Set Things Straight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Way back, I believe in February, I reviewed this hotel and mentioned that when I got home it appeared that I had some type of bites in a few places on my body. That being said I had phoned the hotel to ask them to check the room. They assured me that they took the possibility of bed bugs very seriously. However, I asked them to get back to me to tell me what the outcome was (as I was concerned I may have brought bed bugs home in my luggage or clothing) and they did not contact me for almost a week. (I phoned on Sunday and no one called me back until the end of the week, on a Friday). While I think it is good that we review these hotels, I wanted to be able to go back into my review to let the public know that the manager at this hotel apologized for being so slow to respond and she also more than made up for their shortfallings. I couldn't get back into the original review to share this information so thought I would do it now. So thank you to the manager at this hotel for taking care of the problem and following through! It was greatly appreciated and I WILL stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come back and leave us another review. We appreciate you taking the time to voice your full experience. We are pleased you felt your issues were addressed to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay!

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in a large group - 16 soccer players aged 13 & 14 years old (boys) with 4 adults chaperoning. This worked out very well for us - they put all 6 rooms on the first floor which reduced the noise we might make thumping on any guests below us. It also gave easy access to the lobby, breakfast area and pool. The boys managed to use all the amenities in the short 24 hours we were there - the pool is well set up - bright with lots of windows and right beside the lobby/front desk for access to staff if necessary. The rooms are relatively new, clean, included a fridge which we always like to have on soccer tournament weekends for water, juice and snacks. The breakfast was really good - well stocked with breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuits and gravy, juices, coffee/tea and even a pancake machine! The staff were very helpful for example when the toilet was plugged in one of the rooms, or when one of the boys locked his key in the room. The billing procedure on check out was quick and accurate, even with the large group that we were. For our purposes, this hotel is very close the the Northwest Soccer Park - only about 10 - 15 minutes drive depending on the time of day. There are many fast food outlets and casual dining restaurants nearby that were suitable for our needs. We would recommend this hotel and will consider it again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thorough review. We are glad you found so many things about us and our area to be so convenient and accommodating.
Battle Ground WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was a quick trip into Bellingham, and only stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 1 night. The man that checked us in (about 6pm on 6-7) was very friendly, and has great customer service. Hotel was very clean including the room! We were in a non smoking room, but we could smell that it use to be a "smoking" room. Not a big deal, but unfortunately you can't get rid of that smell of old smoke in the carpet. Not many choices in Bellingham to stay at, but I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I apologize you were able to smell smoke, thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will be beginning a complete renovation of all rooms, and we will then be a completely non smoking.
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed at the HI Express many times when I was rotating out from the vessel. Usually I was a late arrival, but the front desk staff were always going out of their way to make sure I was checked in quickly (after 3-4 months at sea I get the burnout, tired and want to just relax, order a pizza and have a beer).

The room-Much better that a few of the other Express properties I've stayed in. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, carpet and furnishings well maintained.

Lots of places to go to nearby-Meridian has a bunch of shops, restaurants etc. up and down the stretch so I had to flip a coin on what to eat.
Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Also thank you for your many return visits, we appreciate return guests! I am glad you find our staff so accomodating and our location so convenient!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We over-nighted here. The front-desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, on the 2nd floor overlooking a lovely patio so was also very quiet. The room was very clean with up-to-date furniture and linens. We couldn't ask for more.

The morning breakfast was good, with an excellent selection of coffee and various foods/fruits.

We are non-smokers and the only negative is that the entire 2nd floor corridor smelled of smoke since there were some smoking rooms on the floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. I am very glad your first experience with us was so awesome. We look forward to seeing you again. Just so you know, we will be beginning a renovation in September, which will eliminate ALL smoking rooms!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Firstly the front desk staff were real friendly and funny which can help to cheer up a drizzly Bellingham evening.The location is good with easy access. We found the Hotel to be quiet didn't notice any road noise or other guests. The breakfast was just O.K. The room was clean and good sized. The bed was good.Pet friendly.We found it to be a good value for price and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear that you found our staff so friendly and funny. We do hope they made your drizzly Bellingham stay more fun. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we do appreciate being able to hear about all stays.
Campbell River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I flew out of Bellingham airport for the first time. We drove to Bellingham and stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express.

The Good:
This hotel is very well located being within walking distance to Bellis Fair Mall, Olive garden as well as other restaurants.
Our check in was fast and our room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast in the morning offered plenty of choice and was quite good.
A taxi to and from the airport was included in the room rate.
We had paid for the park and fly rate as we were flying to Phoenix and it was great being able to leave our vehicle in a secure place til we returned.

The Bad:
We found large clumps of long black hair both in the bathtub and on the tub surround wall. This was not just a hair or two, we're talking CLUMPS!
We reported this to management upon checkout and they gave us 20.00 off of our bill. I think that compensation could have been better but it was better than nothing.Other than the hair, the room appeared clean.

In spite of the housekeeping problem I would recommend this hotel as there were many more pluses than minuses.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEBellingham, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We apologize that you found clumps of hair in your bathroom and that we did not meet yours or our expectations for cleanliness. I have spoke with the housekeeping manager about this incident, so we can be sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate all reviews!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bellingham? Share your experiences!