“Very Comfortable Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Coquitlam, Canada
“Very Comfortable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out from the Bellingham Airport. It's closeby, and there is a rate where you can leave your car and pick it up upon return (by taking a taxi that the hotel pays for, to and from the airport). Front desk staff were friendly, and the room was nice and comfortable. The hotel is just down the road from a mall, and from an Olive Garden restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the Park and Fly package and found it convenient to use. We appreciate you letting us know that it worked well for you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is a great little getaway for a quick vacation, especially if you are coming from north of the border. It is in the heart of the main shopping district, so it makes a great little family getaway. It is not too far from downtown bellingham or fairhaven, so it is a great launching point for sightseeing. The indoor pool is a big bonus, well maintained, and is always a great source of fun. The breakfast buffet will not dissapoint, with eggs, bacon and the usual delights. the rooms are older decor, but are clean and roomy. The beds are reasonably comfy. The staff are great.
In the same parkinglot, you can walk over to Capt. Jack jrs. family entertainment centre, and play fun games like skee ball, and air hockey.

Room Tip: The kitchenette suites are great for families, stop at Target and get lots of goodies to fill the fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and ventured out into our city. We realize life is busy, so we are so grateful for you taking the time to leave us a review.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Convenient location, lots of parking, clean rooms, pool small but adequate with nice size hot tub, nice lobby space and outdoor patio area. Best part was the free breakfast. Best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. Eggs were soft and tasted real not plastic like some buffets, cinnamon rolls were hot and everything seemed fresh; bacon, sausage, many pastry options.
I would have liked a comfy lounge chair in the room but otherwise it was great.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, thank you for taking the time to let us know and also for leaving such a great review, we appreciate both!
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed a few nights at this Holiday Inn- Had no problems finding the Hotel and enjoyed our stay there. Close to retail stores and restaurants. Rates were fair so I booked another room for my brother-in-law who was coming down to go to Vegas with us..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are glad you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed your stay here enough to book again! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is very easy to find, is right in the middle of many retail stores and restaurants. As with most chain hotels these days, breakfast is provided. We were there for three days and two night to participate in a skating competition in the nearby town of Lynden. Even though breakfast is officially served starting at seven in the morning, we needed to be out on the road before six a.m.. The staff was very friendly and offered to go into the supply room/area to get us anything that didn't require heating for our breakfast. Yay! Our kids were able to have bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and muffins. They also had hot coffee ready early enough for us to have before we left. They did it with a very helpful attitude. We appriciated it very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time here. I am glad you were still able to get breakfast items before skate time. We look forward to hosting for the competition again.
Bothell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The front desk manager was so helpful when we forgot something in our room after checking out. Went out of his way to contact us and help retrieve what we left. We stayed on the 3rd floor and the room was very comfortable and we didn't hear any noise at night. Great room for the price. We'll be staying here when we visit Bellingham.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the review and the future business.
Vernon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in early February. When we got home I noticed what appeared to be “bites” on my body. I phoned the hotel, long distance, and asked them to check the room for possible bed bugs because I was concerned. At the time, I also asked for the manager to call me back (because he or she wasn’t in then) so that I could find out if they found any bed bugs in the room. Still hadn’t heard anything so by Tuesday afternoon I e-mailed the hotel and again asked for someone to contact me to let me know what they found out. Still no response. So finally by Friday I phoned again, at my expense, to ask to speak to the manager. She apologized to me about not getting back to me very quickly (a little late for an apology by then). I asked her if they had checked the room and she said yes and that they had found NO bed bugs. I told her that I had gone to the doctor and the doctor felt that I had some kind of bug bites on me. The manager then said that she would think the bites would more than likely be flea bites because they often have pets in their rooms. Regardless, getting flea bites was just as unappetizing to me as possible bed bugs. Anyway, I stressed all week worrying that there was a “possibility” I had brought bed bugs home with me in my clothing or luggage. My point is that if the manager had done the courtesy of responding to my concerns in a more expedient fashion I wouldn’t have had to worry all week. As far as I’m concerned that is terrible customer service, especially given the seriousness of the concern! We have stayed in Intercontinental Hotel chain hotels for years and this has left a bad taste in my mouth. I will certainly avoid staying at this particular hotel in the future and will also tell family who live in Bellingham, not to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I apologize that you received such poor customer service and that we did not met yours or our standards.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bellingham? Share your experiences!