“Exceptional experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“Exceptional experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our family had an emergency and needed immediate shelter, five of us, one being a paraplegic who had just had surgery. The Holiday Inn have real wheelchair accessible rooms (many advertise they do, and then there's a bathtub in the bathroom), with a shower with no difficult edge to navigate. The rooms are very clean, and the staff are exceptional. Everybody from the front office staff, housekeeping and everyone we encountered, couldn't have been more helpful, welcoming, kind and understanding. We had more than an average guest's needs and they were all met and then some. It's been a vey difficult time for our family and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience. They also serve an excellent breakfast which comes with your room, with the best crispy bacon and cinnamon rolls! I have stayed in more expensive hotels and not had nearly such a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pippabreakspear
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a heartfelt review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much!

Renton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I purchased my room thru Priceline and upon checking in was told they were completely sold out and only had one smoking room left. I told them I have asthma and that wasn't going to work and I would need to cancel my reservation. I was then told they had another room left that was also smoking, but this one had been sanitized. I was asked to provide my cc for incidentals, which is a common practice. When I checked out I had no charges and 2 weeks later I find I was charged $95 for a room that had already been paid for in full thru Priceline. When I questioned the hotel, they were unable to find any charges to my card. I would NEVER stay in this hotel again.....I didn't even know you could still have Smoking rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cindi G
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. I am very sorry that you were not told that you were booked into a smoking room from priceline. I would like to speak to you more about the credit card charge, if you call the hotel at 360-671-4800 and ask for ext. 411 I will gladly do some further research for you.
Winona, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just spent 4 weeks working in Bellingham, staying at this hotel. Was always recognized as a priority club member, and greeted with a warm welcome. Hotel is a little hidden, but this helps keep it quiet. Able to get in/out, and on to work with a great breakfast every morning. A great place to stay, and plenty of shopping/services within a short drive (or walk).

Room Tip: Stay on the ends, as the rooms over the doors are VERY loud!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank musjn
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review us, we very much appreciate it.
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I always stay here because of the friendly staff and cheerfulness. Upon our arrival the front desk staff are pleasant with the knowledge that we are Priority Club Members. They exceed their hospitality especially when our family and grandchildren join us which makes it a fun time for all. The breakfasts are great and bountiful with many choices. As for the rooms they are well groomed, clean and the pillows are like sleeping on a cloud. The HIEXP is close to a major shopping center, stores and a convenient distance to Bellingham International Airport. After a busy day it is great just to relax and enjoy.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Don D
Thank you for such a kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Mission, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My granddaughter and I spent the weekend in Bellingham and, like last year, we stayed at HI Express. The staff is always friendly and helpful....rooms are always super clean with very comfy beds and great pillow choices!! We swam, enjoyed the hot tub, and enjoyed the breakfast. The hotel is small enough that it feels almost "homey" and my granddaughter felt safe enough to venture down, on her own, tob bring Grandma coffee in bed!!
I always search for a HI Express when traveling .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank STUCKONSALTSPRING
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Quesnel, Bc Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Bellingham on our way back to Surrey from Seattle. The room here was very quite considering the amount of traffic down on the main drag. Nice to be a bit off of the street. The room was very clean, the front staff were very welcoming and we were given our Priority Club token bottle of water when we checked in. The bed in our room was very comfortable and looked very new. Also the selection of pillows is always a nice extra. The breakfast in the morning was very good and we didn't have any trouble finding an empty table. We are always impressed with the selection that they put out for a complimentary breakfast and noticed the new pancake machines that have been added to the breakfast selection since we were here last year. We also enjoy the free WIFI and the free parking. Will stay here again next year when we make our trip south of the border.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarabyn
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip south of the border.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very friendly staff :) All happy people, no problems at all....room rug could of used a shampoo ....but.... overall ..... it was clean!CHeck out the pancake maker...cool....never seen one before....Free breakfast! Great Casino only 15 min away...if that! "Silver Reef " I won 400.00 ...but I won't say what I spent overall.lol....Shopping is awesome .....Ross Store was the best and we found that Fred Myers in Burlington has great deals on clothes.Travel on the I 5 was easy ...great roads....Take a GPS if you've never been in the area....Highly advised trip and hotel! :) kinda of like.... a relaxed vegas vacation.Eat, Shop and Gamble it up...oh, crossing the border was hassle free too...Stay, 48 hrs and you're allowed $800.00...Shop till you drop....I hurt... what a workout! We flew to Vancouver and rented a car.Short drive from the airport... 45 min to White Rock....35 min to Bellingham. Easy !

Room Tip: All rooms are probably... equally as good! We had the 2 Queen room with fridge and mini kitchen area...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I have spoken with our maintenance department about the carpets in the rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next shopping trip to Bellingham.