“Excellent First Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 E. Kellogg Road, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Bellingham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent First Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Though I have stayed at Wyndham Hotels... I was not familiar with Baymont Inn & Suites. Bryan and his Staff are just terrific!! They were very helpful, at every turn, during my stay. The property is impeccable in every way. I had not stayed in an Inn for decades - therefore I did not know what to expect. Now that I have moved back to the Pacific Northwest... I look forward to staying here again when I am across the border.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
The staff and I are happy to have been able to make your return to the Pacific Northwest a comfortable one here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We definitely look forward to seeing you again and hopefully sometime this summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Parksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We always try to stay at Wyndham Group hotels, as the standard is consistent, and once again we were not disappointed. The person at reception was pleasant and knowledgeable, and quickly had us checked in. The room was what we wanted, clean, bright and airy, and smelt good. Even the housekeeping staff greeted us with a smile whenever we encountered them in the hallways. We did have a small complaint about a loose towel rail, which was dealt with immediately.

Room Tip: We always prefer the top floor, if there is an elevator, and there is in the Baymont. Seems there is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Wynham Hotel Group. Your continuous loyalty to our brand is greatly appreciated! It's always good to hear that we are upholding the brand standards and taking great care of our guests.
Bc Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have been coming here for a while now. Used to be La Quinta. Suddenly in Dec 2011 I was looking for La Quinta to book our quick trip away before Christmas. It had vanished!! Panic! But it had changed names, to Baymont. They assured me same same! Thank goodness. We come here 3-4x a year. We live 5 hours away in Canada so make a 2 day trip out of it. We bring our dog here with no problems. I just wish others would respect this and clean up after their own dog instead of letting others do it (ME). I find this extremely rude. Going to ruin it for others! Anyway hotel is great 2 day stop over for shopping. Comfortable beds, nice breakfast to get you started. It is complimentary so don't expect a full on hot breakfast. This is to get you started off right. Fruit, yogurt, cereal and coffee is all we need. Go out for a full course breakfast if that is what your looking for. This is a bonus.
We use hotel too if we fly out to Vegas. All round great hotel and great price. Thanks don't change anything!

Room Tip: we like top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your review of the property and for letting others know
about your experience over the years here at the hotel. The staff and I are always
happy to accommodate guest's four-legged family members, and do remember
to stop by the front desk next time (we have treats behind the desk).
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at the Baymont Inn when it was the La Quinta and it took me a little bit to figure out my favorite hotel had changed names. The Baymont still has the same manager and great service that I've enjoyed with my 3 stays. When I visit Bellingham, this is where I stay. It's also so nice to be able to bring my corgi as the Baymont Inn is pet friendly. The rooms are affordably priced, clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and goes the extra mile to accommodate guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your continued support of our hotel over the years. We
appreciate your business and the nice review you have posted for us!
PORT ALBERNI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here many times as the LaQuinta, has been upgraded somewhat. I can not say enough about the friendliness & helpfulness of the hotel, had a problem with our 3rd party reservation & they more than accomodated us. As for the comment on the lighting in the bathroom, we always carry a small night light as a lot of hotels have this problem. Will definitely stay there again on a trip to Bellingham, is so relaxing & enjoyable, they recognize us & welcome us back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
It is good to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us
here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We look forward to seeing you again
sometime in the near future, until then take care!
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Not a bad place. The walls appeared to be thin, as I could hear a couple gettin' it on late at night but fortunately that didn't persist. Breakfast was well-attended, and friendly, but kinda on the sparse side.

I was a bit apprehensive when I checked in because I saw some other guests lugging two cases of beer into their room. But all was good and there was no disturbances or loud hallway behaviour during the night.

If I was in Bellingham again, I'd probably look around to try somewhere else for variety reasons but I can't complain too much about this place. This hotel is an interstate exit (or two) away from downtown Bellingham and Western Washington University. If those destinations are in your plans, you may want to look for something closer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here
at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear that you
had a good stay with us and hope to be of service to you again
if you are ever in the area.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed pre and post our trip to Vegas. Airport parking and shuttle (taxi) courtesy of the hotel. Complimentary breakfast. Only bug bear would be the lighting to the bathroom, you cant see to get into the bathroom without the bright light or extractor fan coming on and waking up the rest of the sleepers. This is my third stay at this hotel (one when La Quinta) for its great location in Bellingham.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
It is always great news to hear that a guest had a great trip and stay with us
here at the Baymont Inn & Suites! Hopefully, you won it big in Vegas and we hope
to be able to serve you again sometime in the near future.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham? Share your experiences!