“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 E. Kellogg Road, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Bellingham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
PORT ALBERNI
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here many times as the LaQuinta, has been upgraded somewhat. I can not say enough about the friendliness & helpfulness of the hotel, had a problem with our 3rd party reservation & they more than accomodated us. As for the comment on the lighting in the bathroom, we always carry a small night light as a lot of hotels have this problem. Will definitely stay there again on a trip to Bellingham, is so relaxing & enjoyable, they recognize us & welcome us back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
It is good to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us
here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We look forward to seeing you again
sometime in the near future, until then take care!

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Not a bad place. The walls appeared to be thin, as I could hear a couple gettin' it on late at night but fortunately that didn't persist. Breakfast was well-attended, and friendly, but kinda on the sparse side.

I was a bit apprehensive when I checked in because I saw some other guests lugging two cases of beer into their room. But all was good and there was no disturbances or loud hallway behaviour during the night.

If I was in Bellingham again, I'd probably look around to try somewhere else for variety reasons but I can't complain too much about this place. This hotel is an interstate exit (or two) away from downtown Bellingham and Western Washington University. If those destinations are in your plans, you may want to look for something closer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here
at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear that you
had a good stay with us and hope to be of service to you again
if you are ever in the area.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed pre and post our trip to Vegas. Airport parking and shuttle (taxi) courtesy of the hotel. Complimentary breakfast. Only bug bear would be the lighting to the bathroom, you cant see to get into the bathroom without the bright light or extractor fan coming on and waking up the rest of the sleepers. This is my third stay at this hotel (one when La Quinta) for its great location in Bellingham.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
It is always great news to hear that a guest had a great trip and stay with us
here at the Baymont Inn & Suites! Hopefully, you won it big in Vegas and we hope
to be able to serve you again sometime in the near future.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My friends and I enjoyed our stay at Baymont Inn Hotel Bellingham. We had easy access to restaurants and our favorite shopping destinations. After a long and tiring day of shopping, we were able to relax at the spa. We had a very relaxing experience!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed the quality and comfort of the Baymont Inn & Suites.
Please keep us in mind for your next shopping weekend in Bellingham!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel many times, Very friendly staff is super friendly. One I was surprised that a front desk guy actually remembered me from the previous trip. I always feel very welcomed and important. Very enjoy my stay at this hotel. Great complimentary breakfast, clean rooms. Since I travel a lot, I always making sure to book my stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham. Please try this palce, I promise you wont regard. Dema N.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
The staff and I are always excited to hear about a great stay from a guest! And as always it is our pleasure to provide you with that great stay.
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel used to be La Quinta, and has had some things updated with the change to being a Baymont. They had a Grand Opening special online, which is why we checked there first when we got into town. When asked, the receptionist honored the online sale, so we upgraded to a king suite to have a jetted tub. Leah (at the front desk) was very efficient and professional; she even called shortly after we checked in to make sure the room was satisfactory! The bed was comfy, we had a fridge and microwave, and the jetted tub was the biggest I had ever seen. We did notice a little mildew along the grout behind the tub facet, but nothing major. The tub easily fit two adults side by side, which is great but means it was slow to fill. More concerning though, was shortly after running the jets we noticed a funny orange color to the bubbles and a filmy layer ringing the water line. EWWW. We called Leah, who was very understanding and said she would leave a note for the manager to address fixing the issue/compensation the next day. When I called the desk the next morning, Amanda said they were moving us to another king room and giving us a discount off the sale price for both nights of our stay. The second king suite had a slightly bigger sink area between the tub and the separate toilet/walk in shower stall bathroom. This tub worked great! They held our luggage for us during the day until the second room was available, so all in all, I thought they handled the issue very well. I did take off a star for the inconvenience, and because it is still in need of updates (dated pink showers, working tub, etc). Also, I did occasionally hear the traffic during the night. We didn't try the breakfast, or outdoor pool. I did notice though that the spa is enclosed, even though you need to walk about ten feet outside to get to it. I think we would return, mostly because the desk staff were both so great that I'm hopeful the hotel will continue to improve the remaining facility issues.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for your valuable input about the hotel and staff. We will continue to strive for excellence in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future and wish you safe travel in your trips to come!
Ketchikan, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was in Bellingham for medical reasons. My husband's condition caused me to stay two weeks. The staff took really good care of me. They sympathized & made sure I had a muffin on the way out the door to the hospital every day. Beyond that, these guys are very interesting and well read. They all really helped me out in a stressful situation. The location is very convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Baymont2166, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
The staff and I are happy to have been able to take care of you during your stay with us and also glad to hear that you and your husband made it back home safe and sound! :) Hope to see you two again sometime in the future. Take care!

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham? Share your experiences!