“don't let the smiles fool you. they only like your money.” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #269 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop
Description: try google! Awesome, family-owned & run business.
Description: try google! Awesome, family-owned & run business.
Bellingham, Washington
“don't let the smiles fool you. they only like your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had been working online in the coffee shop for a couple hours at a time for the past couple days and today I went in to order and the young man behind the counter waited until after my friend and I had made an order, when he informed me that I could order something, but I had to take it to go because some "other customers" had complained about my hygiene and that my hygiene can't affect the other customers (although other customers' extreme rudeness can apparently affect me). I didn't even know what to say. Sure, I'm kind of a hippie and I don't smell like Axe, but I don't smell like crap either and the dining area is large and generally unoccupied enough that one can choose to sit far away from me if they find me to be questionable. I had been making many purchases there only to be treated like complete trash. I am still so very upset and incredibly insulted. I will never go back to this coffee shop and if you aren't a suit wearing yuppie, you should probably stay away from it too. I had only been extremely polite and good tempered toward anyone in there. If they're going to kick out nice people then they'll be left with cantankerous jerks, who can't handle being around anyone but their own type which of course makes for great atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Bellingham, WA
“Great place for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Bean is a super place for lunch. They have what they call "BYO" (build your own) sandwiches. You choose the bread type, and what you want on hit from a long list of choices. They also have a home made soup of the day, salads, and an assortment of smoothies, beverages, and baked goods. With a sandwich you get potato chips and they have lots of different kinds. They are also a coffee place with a large assortment of coffees. You can either sit and enjoy or take to to go. They also have free wifi. It's casual and comfy. Highly recommended!!

• Visited December 2012