“Whatcom Lake” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MoonDance Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellingham
MoonDance Inn
Save Saved
You added MoonDance Inn to your Saves list
4737 Cable Street, Bellingham, WA   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Kirkland, WA
“Whatcom Lake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The main reason we went to Whatcom Lake, Bellingham, was to attempt kayaking. We didn't end up too well on this adventure and found ourselves in the water without even going a foot. The innkeeper was helpful in tracking down the kayak and getting us dry. We also hooked up with some friends in the area and the inn offers great seating spots (both in and outside) for nice private chatting overlooking the lake.

Pros: We had a view of the lake from our room. It was gorgeous.
Close enough distance from town to drive to some good restaurants (we chose Anthonys which was awesome but a little pricey). Great if you are an experienced kayaker as they have many to borrow. Pretty pond and serene, but you can still hear car traffic.

Cons: Breakfast was just o.k. I think we're spoiled going to other B & B's for breakfast and being served. But, we ended up getting something 'afterwards'. Bring your own diet sugar if you like your coffee sweetened but without sugar.

We weren't shown the 'ropes' on how to operate the bathtub or shower which are pretty deluxe. Tub is computerized and we couldn't get it to turn off - finally got it to. We couldn't figure out the shower and how to turn it on until the 2nd morning. We felt like we were already an imposition to innkeeper after being dunked in the lake that we didn't want to impose any more.

The price is high - it is gorgeous, and if you can spend $200 a night, it's worth it. We just ended up spending a lot not only on lodging, but dinner and the need to replace our soaked i-phones.

Room Tip: Wish we had a photo to share, but our phones landed in the water and camera was shot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Quaint, friendly and accommodating place. Delicious breakfast, amazing views, serene atmosphere, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. 'twas an absolute pleasure! Have booked another stay for our anniversary in the summer.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I are innkeepers ourselves and we were completely delighted with our stay at MoonDance Inn. The rooms and baths are distinctive and comfortable. We loved the decor, the lovely common room looking out over the water - and - the incredible breakfast and hospitality. Our hosts couldn't have been more friendly and helpful - just what innkeepers should be! The combination of the magical rooms, grounds (the water garden is a delight) and the view makes The MoonDance Inn a very special place, indeed.
Kimberly King and Ken Grantham, innkeepers in Poulsbo WA

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

As a first time B&B guest, I don't have any B&B experience to compare this one to but nevertheless, I would have to say that it was a very nice experience. We (with my fiance) felt good about the place. It is set in a very nice (and romantic) location by Lake Whatcom - the property has its own dock on the lake; the inn has a nice country-cabin feel - well adorned with furnishings that make one feel cozy and relaxed; the grounds has spaces and gardens that are very relaxing; the room that we stayed in (the upscale one feels cozy and clean - it has its own deck with a lake view and it has a hot tub as well. And did I say that breakfasts can be both tasty and healthy at the same time?

Of course nothing is really perfect. In my opinion, I think our room's door should be lockable and the heat should have the controls in the room (instead of asking the inn-keepers to set it for you). Like what I said, this is my first time in a B&B and so, all these may not even be applicable.

Overall, if you like peace and quiet, romantic places (my fiance really thinks it's romantic), lakes surrounded by hills, and very welcoming hosts, I think you'll be very pleased if you stay here. I'm recommending it...

A&F

Room Tip: Call the inn-keepers to find out what are the amenities your selected room has
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This B & B is outstanding. Great service, great people, beautiful property, and a lovey location. My mom and I stayed in a room for one night and enjoyed a delicious breakfast the following morning and I was even able to take a kayak out for a paddle on the lake in the morning! They have a bunch of boats and a fire pit by the lake....and the decorations on the interior and the exterior of the building are exquisite. My mom has been staying in B & B'sfor almost 16 years and she said this one was the best one she's ever stayed in. Stay there! You will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Back for our second stay at the Moon Dance Inn, and this time we brought five friends with us for a weekend of relaxation and partying by the lake. As expected, we all came away with nothing but good feelings and sincere gratitude towards our hosts, Linda and Gary. And I do speak for my friends here, who all loved our stay at the Moon Dance!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Colbert, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The grounds are very well done and kept, with the outside ponds and water features. The view of the lake from the house and the sitting areas is wonderful. I could hear the waves lapping the shore from The wind on the lake at night

The interior is a wonderful mix of an inn and a home. My hosts were very attentive and relaxed with the guests. The breakfasts were excellent, even causing the guests to linger to talk over the meal.

My room was fantastic. Very comfortable bed and a balcony with a view--great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to MoonDance Inn? Share your experiences!