“Love The Fork” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
WA
“Love The Fork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Such a little oasis! I love going to The Fork. Always a nice atmosphere, always good service and always unique and wonderful meals. Menu rotates with the seasons using local sources. I've never been disappointed with the choices, encourages me to try something new each time. Good wine choices. Nicely decorated for an upscale, but very comfortable feel. Looks like they are expanding their outside dining area for summer. Too bad there is not a view of Lake Whatcom, only across the street.

Visited October 2013

93% Recommend
Bellevue, Washington
“Classics up three notches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

really liked the menu selection, a little something for everyone! The place was cozy yet you are able to have a conversation.

Visited January 2014
Vista
“A special place ... Good for a special meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Rated as one of the best meals to be had in the Bellingham area I had to try it! What I found was a nice location, comfortable interior..well appointed. You can be casual on one side and a bit more spiffed up for the other side. Food was really quite good. I would say that the plate presentation was excellent. They have a menu that changes with the season and local availability ad they support local growers. All was fresh. My only suggestion was that the beer selection could be improved. Definitely give it a try but this is not an inexpensive rendezvous. Average dinner is 28,00 but if you share a pizza and have a beer you can still enjoy without breaking the bank!

Seattle
“Fun spot, locally sourced food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

While visiting relatives in Bellingham, they took us to The Fork for a Sunday breakfast. All the food was freshly made, locally sourced and served in a fun, friendly restaurant. Husband loved his huevos rancheros and our two family members enjoyed their mushroom omelet and pulled pork breakfast. I had the pancakes which were good - not great and not as filling - more of a side dish. The over-easy egg I had on the side was delicious - amazing how wonderful fresh eggs can be! Delicious coffee was enjoyed by all. None of the meals were overly filling but all the ingredients were high end and we had a very pleasant start to our day!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first restaurant of a vacation is always subject to the greatest scrutiny. Mindful of that, I let this review sit a couple of weeks to the end of the trip to be more comparative. Unfortunately, it hasn't altered my view. The Fork can be both a treat and a disappointment, and that is why I cannot fully recommend you visit. I just don't want to gamble with my dining experiences. My husband's meal, the "hit," (seared salmon with truffled risotto) was fantastic...perfectly prepared and tasty. Mine, the "miss," started with the garden greens salad (pretty, but small and tasteless) and the Fork's advertised specialty: wood fired flatbreads. bland and grossly unremarkable. And though not listed in the menu ingredients, the pizza had a bitter broccolini throughout, which I had to pick off in order to taste anything else…which turned out to be flat. Had it all been a few dollars, I might not have minded. But when we shelled out $70 for what amounted to one good meal, I guess we expected more.

• Visited August 2013