“It's okay, but I'm not "wowed" by it.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Lynden, Washington
“It's okay, but I'm not "wowed" by it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place was better when it was a full-service restaurant. The food is okay, but not awesome. Well, all but the roast beef. Pass on that. It's tough and filled with gristle. Honestly, I thought the meal was a little pricey for what it was, but then it's an all you can eat affair. There are better Chinese restaurants out there, but this will do in a pinch.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

pork and chicken are raw, we threw up after came back, poor service,the sushi guy yell to you, even hit my friend's hand , stop him to choose the sushi he like.wait for a long time for adding food and clean the table. at last just before we finished and went out, the lady said "you are not welcome back for ever"

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
3 Thank Peter L
“Chinese Food in Bellingham Washington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were looking for saimin for dinner since it was chilly and some had coughs brewing, and although we did not find a place that served saimin, we did find WONDERFUL BUFFET on Meridian Drive in Bellingham, WA. We were originally going to another Chinese Restaurant, however there were just a few cars there so we decided to go where there were lots of cars in the parking lot.

It seemed like the "locals" in the area ate there (a good sign) and the service was FAST and efficient - we waited but just a few minutes before we were seated at a table. The prices very reasonable. It cost $74 for 5 adults and one 11-year old. You could choose from a variety of nigiri sushi, 3-soups, jasmine or fried rice, fried noodles, siu mai (pork hash), crispy fried chicken wings, crab legs, steamed vegetables, teri chicken, beef stir fry, desserts (including ranier cherries, watermelon, lychee, peaches (canned), fresh oranges, ice cream and cones, jello, and so much more!

It was worth it - we enjoyed our Chinese Food in the mainland, although different from the Chinese food in Hawaii.

So if you're looking for a place where (1) you don't have to wait for hot/fresh cooked foods (no fast foods); (2) price is good and reasonable; (3) fresh fruit and vegetables available; (4) your dessert is included; and (5) it's an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet - then you should try this place. It was definitely worth our while!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank vadams
Bellingham, WA
“Typical Bellingham Asian Buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Tried this place several times. What I find is the popular food items are not replenished regularly, so you have people milling around waiting for the good stuff, and management never once responded to me when I informed them thus was going on. This led me to believe they already knew, but didn't care. Nothing on the buffet stands out as great. Some of it is okay, but the few good items are rarely available so after three visits and the same thing happening every time, I decided I'd had enough of paying to be taken advantage of so I never returned. This is just a bother Bellingham Aisian buffet built to lure in the sucker Canadian shopper-tourists who don't know any better.
Note: In my opinion here is no such thing as a "good" buffet in Bellingham, certainly not a good Asian buffet. This place is barely a step above that vile and disgusting 'Old Country Buffet' at the mall. And I wouldn't feed that food to a dog...even a dog I didn't like.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
3 Thank samjust08
Richmond, Canada
“Wonderful Buffet in Bellingham WA - Good Value For Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went there twice (one on weekend and one during weekday) to verify my experiences on their food which were equally good. Get used to the food in Richmond, B.C., Even on my first visit, I was surprised to their good food quality here when compared to the price paid. They also changed my opinion for long time to stay away from Chinese food in US (when away from China town or casino). In view of the high food cost these days, I should say it will be one of the places I will continue to visit. I particularly like the shrimps and clams there while my friends like the sushi. Other Chinese dishes are also above average in terms of buffet quality.

• Visited April 2012