“Why the negativity?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
Save Saved
You added Shamrock Motel to your Saves list
4133 W Maplewood Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
Denman Island, Canada
“Why the negativity?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Like others, I was hesitant to stay because of some of the poor reviews, but the given the proximity to the airport I went for it. Let's see: you can stay at the Hampton Inn next door for $150+ or here for a third of the price! Beyond the excellent price point, in a day of dying Mom and Pop places, it is nice to support a family operation instead of the large chains!
My room was simple but clean...no stains on the carpet as it had had hardwood floors. Simply decorated, quiet, but comfortable beds and there was a bar fridge.
The best part was the owners! Initially they made a mistake on the charge, the woman not knowing her husband had quoted me on the phone.( I hadn't even noticed). So they corrected it and let me know...When I checked in, I let them know my flight left at 7 so they said to let them know and they'd take me to the airport- which they did 6 a.m! It was a completely delightful surprise. I actually walked back from the airport to retrieve my car there and the woman said i should have called so they could pick me up! My car, by the way was perfectly fine sitting there.
I would reserve to stay as the motel was pretty full....others, apparently, feel the same way I do!
All in all a positive experience...I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: stay towards the rear?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I didn't stay but my brother refused to go, and so I left him here to go it alone...I cried when I said good-bye...
my tears were not for missing him; they were for having to leave him
in such a dump..The area is not the best...STAY AWAY! There are many other places to stay in B'ham...Stay away from the University area, too. The best hotels are on Meridian nearby Cost Co, Olive Garden and off Northwest @ the Springfield Inn...

Room Tip: The fitness center,,, forget the work-out equipment....try running away from this property, as quic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed 1 night on our way to Hawaii. After reading the reviews we weren't sure as to what to expect and were pleasantly surprised.The room (No. 246) was modest and clean, the staff were pleasant and very helpful. Bonus free parking for our stay in Hawaii and shuttle to the airport. Good value for the money. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

1st off
I was to have a Qween size bed what was in room was 2 full size beds and it stunk
2nd
I walked in to Bathroom (if you want to call it that) picked up what was to have been bath towel and a Cockroach fell out of it
3rd the A/C was a Window Fan Excuse me
We slept in my Truck after I demanded my Money back
I would not send anyone there

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here on route to Palm Springs via the Bellingham airport. The motel far exceeded expectations. It was very clean and spacious, with microwave and fridge in our room. Their customer service is first class all around. We left a brief case in the parking lot as we were leaving to go back home (unloading from the cab into our own vehicle). The owner packaged up it up, took it to a Greyhound bus depot, and we had it back within days. The motel is very well located with easy access to airport, restaurants and freeway. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ended up here by an unavoidable event by whinny border guards shutting down the border, therefore we were stuck trying to find a place for the night. Shamrock green is the theme, even the TV picture is green! Check in is "with toilet paper or not?" Buttwipe is $5.00 extra.....
Didn't take our clothes off here, too disgusting, skid marks on the carpet!!!
Only stayed one night, thank God...

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Me and my children stayed for 3 days and found the location , services and price very good , what we pay we should expect to get the same. I went from surrey and I will use the same place all times. The owners have told us that we could stay here park our car and fly as well. So next time we take a flight from Bellingham Airport to Las Vegas NV, we will definitely park and fly from there.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!