“The Place needs to be closed UNSAFE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
4133 W Maplewood Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Seattle, Washington
“The Place needs to be closed UNSAFE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

1st off
I was to have a Qween size bed what was in room was 2 full size beds and it stunk
2nd
I walked in to Bathroom (if you want to call it that) picked up what was to have been bath towel and a Cockroach fell out of it
3rd the A/C was a Window Fan Excuse me
We slept in my Truck after I demanded my Money back
I would not send anyone there

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here on route to Palm Springs via the Bellingham airport. The motel far exceeded expectations. It was very clean and spacious, with microwave and fridge in our room. Their customer service is first class all around. We left a brief case in the parking lot as we were leaving to go back home (unloading from the cab into our own vehicle). The owner packaged up it up, took it to a Greyhound bus depot, and we had it back within days. The motel is very well located with easy access to airport, restaurants and freeway. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ended up here by an unavoidable event by whinny border guards shutting down the border, therefore we were stuck trying to find a place for the night. Shamrock green is the theme, even the TV picture is green! Check in is "with toilet paper or not?" Buttwipe is $5.00 extra.....
Didn't take our clothes off here, too disgusting, skid marks on the carpet!!!
Only stayed one night, thank God...

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Me and my children stayed for 3 days and found the location , services and price very good , what we pay we should expect to get the same. I went from surrey and I will use the same place all times. The owners have told us that we could stay here park our car and fly as well. So next time we take a flight from Bellingham Airport to Las Vegas NV, we will definitely park and fly from there.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this motel December 1st to 3rd 2012. Room was well priced, service was excellent and the location is very good. The openers were very good to us, they installed brand new TV as soon as we took the room. They told us the TV was working but since we took the room for 3 days they replaced it.
We were totally satisfied and if we go to Bellingham, we'll surely stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Owners were very friendly with me. I asked for extra towels and they had no problem giving some to me. Room was clean, the place around noon was loud due to traffic and other people, but in the nighttime it got pretty quiet. Free wifi was ok. Bed was fine, sheets were clean. Parked my car for a week and had no problem with that, also cheaper than the rate the airport was giving. They don't give early morning shuttle, but it was fine, called a cab and was only five bucks. Do people see hampton inn next to this place and expect hampton inn service/rooms? The place looks old, I'm sure if the owners tore the place down and built a brand new one, they would do a lot better.
The only con I can see is that they don't have bathtubs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Surrey, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I will be brief as others have pretty much said it all.

This place is nasty, run down, shabby and filthy with very sketchy clientele. The carpet was toxic and the bed was well beyond its useful life.

We stayed overnight to avoid a rush at the boarder while getting to our Vegas flight; it was a huge mistake. My wife will remind me of this "choice" for years to come.

They offer to let you park your car on the property rather than pay for parking at the airport. I happily parked at the airport; money well spent from my observation of the surroundings.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Room Tip: Unfortunately you are out of luck on this front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!