“My weekend stay at shamrock motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
You added Shamrock Motel to your Saves list
4133 W Maplewood Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
“My weekend stay at shamrock motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Me and my children stayed for 3 days and found the location , services and price very good , what we pay we should expect to get the same. I went from surrey and I will use the same place all times. The owners have told us that we could stay here park our car and fly as well. So next time we take a flight from Bellingham Airport to Las Vegas NV, we will definitely park and fly from there.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this motel December 1st to 3rd 2012. Room was well priced, service was excellent and the location is very good. The openers were very good to us, they installed brand new TV as soon as we took the room. They told us the TV was working but since we took the room for 3 days they replaced it.
We were totally satisfied and if we go to Bellingham, we'll surely stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Owners were very friendly with me. I asked for extra towels and they had no problem giving some to me. Room was clean, the place around noon was loud due to traffic and other people, but in the nighttime it got pretty quiet. Free wifi was ok. Bed was fine, sheets were clean. Parked my car for a week and had no problem with that, also cheaper than the rate the airport was giving. They don't give early morning shuttle, but it was fine, called a cab and was only five bucks. Do people see hampton inn next to this place and expect hampton inn service/rooms? The place looks old, I'm sure if the owners tore the place down and built a brand new one, they would do a lot better.
The only con I can see is that they don't have bathtubs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Surrey, Bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I will be brief as others have pretty much said it all.

This place is nasty, run down, shabby and filthy with very sketchy clientele. The carpet was toxic and the bed was well beyond its useful life.

We stayed overnight to avoid a rush at the boarder while getting to our Vegas flight; it was a huge mistake. My wife will remind me of this "choice" for years to come.

They offer to let you park your car on the property rather than pay for parking at the airport. I happily parked at the airport; money well spent from my observation of the surroundings.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Room Tip: Unfortunately you are out of luck on this front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place makes a motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel. If there was a way to give this place a negative star rating I would give it a -99.9. This was absolutely the worst motel and customer service that I have ever had.

SERVICE, or lack there of:
The owners, Vijay and Dolly, are [--] and lie through their teeth. I had booked this place for an overnight stay on Oct 6 as my friends and I were catching an early morning flight out of BLG. In three separate conversations prior to booking the motel, 2 with the owner's wife Dolly, who claimed to just be an employee (lie number 1) and with the manager (didn't get his name) I was told that the motel provided FREE shuttle service to and from the airport, no mention of any restrictions around the time the shuttle service was provided. When my friends and I checked in I was told that the shuttle service did not start till 7am, which clearly would not work for us as our flight was at 7am. We thought not a problem, family run business, we don't expect them to give us a ride to the airport at 5am so we called a taxi. We asked about the process of getting the shuttle service back to the motel upon our return as we were leaving our car there for 5 days and were told that's not a problem and to just call them when our flight came in. We returned on October 11 at 9pm, called the motel and spoke to the night manager and were advised that he would call the owner and the owner would come pick us up, should be there in about 15 minutes, and if there was a problem they would call us back. Shortley after, a young gentleman (who I think was the owners son) came in a compact car and picked up 2 other guests. When we asked him about our transportation he said that he was only told that he was picking up 2 females but he would come back for us or get someone else to come. 9:40pm, no ride and no call back from the motel. Called the motel again and was advised by the manager that someone was on their way and should be there shortley. Got a call back 5 minutes later advising that the owner was having problems with his car and we would have to take a taxi. NO DECENCY TO TELL US RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING TO ARRANGE OUR OWN RIDE!!!! 45 MINUTES OF WAITING FOR A RIDE THAT WAS NOT COMING. Upon arrival back at the motel I asked to speak to the owner and was given his name but no telephone number and told to call the motel back in the morning as he would be there.

Called the owner, Vijay, the next day and he was extremely rude and denied that the motel offered shuttle service at all. When confronted with the fact that Dolly and the manager had both advised that the motel offered shuttle service and in fact another party was picked up at the airport he advised that those guests had paid him an extra $20 and arranged the ride with him. Regardless of the facts being presented all I got were LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. I advised him that I would come down and he can have Dolly and the manager both tell me to my face that they had not advised me that shuttle service was provided and he said come down and he will get them to say it to my face.

I went down about an hour later and the COWARD did not even have the guts to face me himself and instead had his wife come out and tell me that he wasn't there and she did not want to speak about it and to get the [--] off their property. When I proceeded to verbalize the lies that I had been told, in the presence of another guest, she continued with the obsenities and proceeded to push me out the door. I won't say that I wasn't vocal back with the obsenities.

THE ROOM:
We had requested a room with 2 double beds, non-smoking. At $58.50 for the night, we weren't expecting much but this place is a total dive and you may get more, in the form of diseases, than you bargained for. The room reeked of smoke, was not clean; food crumbs on the table and chairs and I highly doubt that the bed sheets had been changed after the last guests had left as they were smelly and the bed not even properly made. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the tv in the room below us.

I feel sorry for the poor manager that has to work for these [--].

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE EVEN IF THEY PAID ME TO STAY THERE!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for. A group of us shared a room before flying out for 5 days. They told us that their shuttle service to the airport is not available until 6 am, so going to the airport we took a cab. Upon our return, we called the motel and were told someone would be coming shortly. We waiting and the their car came and 2 ladies got in. We asked the guy driving about another vehicle coming to get our group and he said it should be a van coming. We waited and waited until we finally phoned. Oh by the way, we are not coming to get you after all. No phone call to let us know. We could have waited there forever without anyone letting us know that we needed to take a cab. The guy driving the car previously didn't come back and no one else did either. We took a cab back to the motel to pick up our vehicle. Then the next day my friend called to speak to the owner and he out right lied to her about having a shuttle service to the airport.
For this price you have to let alot slide but out right lying about a shuttle service when you just saw 2 women get picked up in a car with a sign on the side that said Shamrock Motel Shuttle. REALLY! Tell the truth people.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and DO NOT stay here. The owner is a liar and he doesn't deserve the busine...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place is BY FAR the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life!! I would rather sleep on the sidewalk!! We booked 2 rooms for a wedding party and as I was going out to my car to get some luggage after the wedding reception.. the OWNERS!!!!!!!!!! told the other guests they can beat me up for making too much noise!!! We had the motel as a meeting spot and everyone went their seperate ways within half an hour... within seconds of the lady owner yelling for someone to beat me up... a man came running after me with a STICK!!!! I will never go back to this place if my life depends on it!! The owners are inconsiderate jerks!!! I have not one good thing to say about this place!! Also... when the guy who chased me found out we came back from a wedding... he came and apologized for chasing me and oh... throwing a drink at me!!! but yet, the owners had nothing to say except for trying to get me and my sisters kicked out!! I hope these pathetic owners get a taste of their own medicine or have the same thing happen to their own children so they know how it feels!!!! Good riddence to this hell hole!!!!

Room Tip: do not book this motel..ever
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!