“By far the WORST place I have EVER stayed at. Should be called the SCAMROCK!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
4133 W Maplewood Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place makes a motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel. If there was a way to give this place a negative star rating I would give it a -99.9. This was absolutely the worst motel and customer service that I have ever had.

SERVICE, or lack there of:
The owners, Vijay and Dolly, are [--] and lie through their teeth. I had booked this place for an overnight stay on Oct 6 as my friends and I were catching an early morning flight out of BLG. In three separate conversations prior to booking the motel, 2 with the owner's wife Dolly, who claimed to just be an employee (lie number 1) and with the manager (didn't get his name) I was told that the motel provided FREE shuttle service to and from the airport, no mention of any restrictions around the time the shuttle service was provided. When my friends and I checked in I was told that the shuttle service did not start till 7am, which clearly would not work for us as our flight was at 7am. We thought not a problem, family run business, we don't expect them to give us a ride to the airport at 5am so we called a taxi. We asked about the process of getting the shuttle service back to the motel upon our return as we were leaving our car there for 5 days and were told that's not a problem and to just call them when our flight came in. We returned on October 11 at 9pm, called the motel and spoke to the night manager and were advised that he would call the owner and the owner would come pick us up, should be there in about 15 minutes, and if there was a problem they would call us back. Shortley after, a young gentleman (who I think was the owners son) came in a compact car and picked up 2 other guests. When we asked him about our transportation he said that he was only told that he was picking up 2 females but he would come back for us or get someone else to come. 9:40pm, no ride and no call back from the motel. Called the motel again and was advised by the manager that someone was on their way and should be there shortley. Got a call back 5 minutes later advising that the owner was having problems with his car and we would have to take a taxi. NO DECENCY TO TELL US RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING TO ARRANGE OUR OWN RIDE!!!! 45 MINUTES OF WAITING FOR A RIDE THAT WAS NOT COMING. Upon arrival back at the motel I asked to speak to the owner and was given his name but no telephone number and told to call the motel back in the morning as he would be there.

Called the owner, Vijay, the next day and he was extremely rude and denied that the motel offered shuttle service at all. When confronted with the fact that Dolly and the manager had both advised that the motel offered shuttle service and in fact another party was picked up at the airport he advised that those guests had paid him an extra $20 and arranged the ride with him. Regardless of the facts being presented all I got were LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. I advised him that I would come down and he can have Dolly and the manager both tell me to my face that they had not advised me that shuttle service was provided and he said come down and he will get them to say it to my face.

I went down about an hour later and the COWARD did not even have the guts to face me himself and instead had his wife come out and tell me that he wasn't there and she did not want to speak about it and to get the [--] off their property. When I proceeded to verbalize the lies that I had been told, in the presence of another guest, she continued with the obsenities and proceeded to push me out the door. I won't say that I wasn't vocal back with the obsenities.

THE ROOM:
We had requested a room with 2 double beds, non-smoking. At $58.50 for the night, we weren't expecting much but this place is a total dive and you may get more, in the form of diseases, than you bargained for. The room reeked of smoke, was not clean; food crumbs on the table and chairs and I highly doubt that the bed sheets had been changed after the last guests had left as they were smelly and the bed not even properly made. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the tv in the room below us.

I feel sorry for the poor manager that has to work for these [--].

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE EVEN IF THEY PAID ME TO STAY THERE!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for. A group of us shared a room before flying out for 5 days. They told us that their shuttle service to the airport is not available until 6 am, so going to the airport we took a cab. Upon our return, we called the motel and were told someone would be coming shortly. We waiting and the their car came and 2 ladies got in. We asked the guy driving about another vehicle coming to get our group and he said it should be a van coming. We waited and waited until we finally phoned. Oh by the way, we are not coming to get you after all. No phone call to let us know. We could have waited there forever without anyone letting us know that we needed to take a cab. The guy driving the car previously didn't come back and no one else did either. We took a cab back to the motel to pick up our vehicle. Then the next day my friend called to speak to the owner and he out right lied to her about having a shuttle service to the airport.
For this price you have to let alot slide but out right lying about a shuttle service when you just saw 2 women get picked up in a car with a sign on the side that said Shamrock Motel Shuttle. REALLY! Tell the truth people.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and DO NOT stay here. The owner is a liar and he doesn't deserve the busine...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place is BY FAR the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life!! I would rather sleep on the sidewalk!! We booked 2 rooms for a wedding party and as I was going out to my car to get some luggage after the wedding reception.. the OWNERS!!!!!!!!!! told the other guests they can beat me up for making too much noise!!! We had the motel as a meeting spot and everyone went their seperate ways within half an hour... within seconds of the lady owner yelling for someone to beat me up... a man came running after me with a STICK!!!! I will never go back to this place if my life depends on it!! The owners are inconsiderate jerks!!! I have not one good thing to say about this place!! Also... when the guy who chased me found out we came back from a wedding... he came and apologized for chasing me and oh... throwing a drink at me!!! but yet, the owners had nothing to say except for trying to get me and my sisters kicked out!! I hope these pathetic owners get a taste of their own medicine or have the same thing happen to their own children so they know how it feels!!!! Good riddence to this hell hole!!!!

Room Tip: do not book this motel..ever
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Shamrock on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 - one night stay - and left my car there until Monday August 13th. The room, bathroom and bedding were clean and the motel was quiet enough for me to sleep well. I left my car there for about 5 days while on my trip and was given a lift to the airport. I have absolutely NO complaints about service or the facility or the price. I do realize that it might be noisier on the weekend and will bear that in mind in the future, but my experience was very positive for this stay. Thank you !!

Room Tip: Ummm... there isn't a swimming pool or restaurant that I know of.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Me and my mother stayed at the Shamrock Motel for a week, a nice break from our prolonged stay in our van. Each month that goes by we try to stay at a hotel or motel for a week. The location is good, it's familiar. Close to the airport and I-5, minutes away from the Bellis Fair Mall and other shopping districts. There was one point that we had a foul up, but it was sorted out. The room that we had stayed in was spacious. The room looks like it was once a kitchen unit, but the stove was removed for a heater. Has a decent size fridge that works pretty good. The bathroom was sort of small, but it's usable, the room itself is clean. The tv had some good channels, the Wifi you have to pay $5.00 for it but it is good service. At one point I had my laptop on for two and a half days without service intereption. Overall the room is good, and for the price you can't beat it in the City of Bellingham. In the end, I think I will come back in the future sometime.

Room Tip: South side rooms don't have the sun coming in during the day.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!