“One word: sweet potato fries.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 393 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: http://www.bayouonbay.com/
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“One word: sweet potato fries.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food here is pretty good, my boyfriend loves it more than I do, so we come here on his birthdays and whatnot. I would say the entrees are not much to shout about, but the appetizers are pretty amazing! I really like the frogs legs, but oh my gosh, the sweet potato fries are the best in Bellingham, by far. I only wish they would combine them with Fiamma Burger's curry mayo dip. That would probably make the universe explode, it would be so fantastic.

The service is always friendly, it's a nice atmosphere for a special occasion with dark lighting and private booths.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Maple Falls, Washington
“they tryed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

was very disappointed when trying this restaurant. the crawfish i had tasted very stall or old, not fresh at all. haven't been back since

Lake Stevens, Washington
“Definitely isn't NOLA but not a complete letdown either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I had frog legs and beans n rice hubby had gumbo. Overall it was pretty basic. Was looking for the taste of New Orleans and this did not quite fit the bill. Hubby said it was ok, but would not make the hour drive North for it again. We popped around the corner to a friendly bar afterwards and enjoyed the Bellingham scene before making the drive South.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham
“Not for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The building is funky, the staff has always been just lovely, the drinks decent... but every single time I've been here, the food has been simply lousy. I really really wanted to love this place. I've spent a lot of time in MSY, adore the food of the area and even make a pretty mean gumbo myself - this place doesnt do New Orleans food justice. The gumbo is floury and mushy. We've tried other things and were equally disappointed. The sweet potato fries were charred but pretty tasty, I'll give that. I met a good friend there for supper once and she loves the salad, if that gives you any idea of how close this is to MSY food. Come for the drinks, come for the atmosphere, come for the appetizers but dont come here if you're craving the bayou standards.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Touchet, Washington, United States
“Try the Purple Haze not for hop lovers, devinely different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Traditional cajun and New Orleans menu with an oyster bar just on the other side of the bar lounge. What's up with that? Enjoyed the purple haze as a nice change pace from traditional hopped up micros. The cajun menu is exiting for those of us that have New Orleans on a bucket list. My wife freeked out when she figured out the Jumbalaya had chunks of pork fat. Until she found out,she thought it tasted wonderful. Good service and friendly hosts. The seats could use some padding. Just me..

Visited February 2013