“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Washington State
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

I often fly out of Bellingham and this hotel, a few miles from the airport, feels like home to me. It's clean and quiet, has reliable internet service, a small but welcome workout room, and the makings of a healthy breakfast. It also has a staff who go out of their way to meet your needs. After a grueling month in Australia, I arrived at the Comfort Inn in the middle of the night, got a couple hours sleep, and headed out to my car for the trip home. Alas, dead battery. The assistant manager, Brant Baron pulled out all the stops, located a battery-pack down the road and got my car started in time for me to make the ferry home. I couldn't be happier with the whole package.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Nanaimo , BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Didn't book a room, and decided last minute to stay in Bellingham over night before traveling to Seattle the next day.
Went to several different yucky hotels and when we finally got to the Comfort Inn at 1030pm we felt right at home and though the price was higher then some of the other locations we checked out, it was defiantly worth it. The gentleman working that night was very nice and helped us get sorted out.
The room had a microwave and mini fridge in it, perfect for snacks.
Also included was a continental breakfast, full of toast, pastries, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausages, and biscuits. It was worth the stay for the great breakfast!
Overall A++
Next trip we decided we will stay at the Comfort Inn and commute to Seattle for a day. There is defiantly more to see in the Bellingham/Burlington area!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver Island, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

Four of us ladies stayed in the Comfort Inn this past week. Right from the time we walked in the front door, until the day we checked out (four days later) we were treated like visiting royalty. Staff were courteous, helpful, and cheerful at all times. The manager (Brant) and the front desk lady (Jennifer) were exceptional, also the great lady looking after the breakfast (which incidentally was absolutely super).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Bellingham. Our group can't wait until our next trip!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Socal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here a several times now while visiting the area and we both think this motel is good value for money (averages about $100 a night before taxes). The rooms are like a small suite with a living area (sofabed + small tv), a kitchenette (small sink, microwave, fridge), and bedroom area (kingsize bed, desk, larger tv). The bathroom is average but lacks an exhaust fan for some reason.

The best thing about this motel is the complementary breakfast. It's awesome especially as they added sausage patties, cheese slices, egg rounds, biscuits, and gravy since the last time we stayed here. You can make your own muffin or biscuit based breakfast sandwiches now. It also includes cereal, toast, fresh waffles, yoghurt, fruit, and more. Yummy.

The foyer is big and friendly and has a computer there you can use to check email, browse the Internet, etc. I downloaded Google Earth to do some mapping but it was gone next morning so clearly they re-image it once a day. The motel also has free wi-fi which is really handy. I was able to check email and browse using my iPod in my room. Very nice.

The motel has laundry, a pool and a small gym.

There are several good places to eat nearby including McHales and Olive Garden. Don't recommend the Thai place across the road though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a work/vacation trip. Our car window, along with a couple of other cars, were smashed out in the hotel parking lot. When we came back into the hotel to report the incident the front desk person continued to type an e-mail while we were telling her what had happened. She then let out an annoyed sigh and called the police department and told us that was all she could do. The manager was not in yet an she told us that she would send him to our room once he came in. The manager never came to our room and so my husband had to go talk to him. They compensated us for on night in the hotel which totaled $140. (We were there for 4 nights). Our car window cost us $215 to fix plus my husband missed a half a day of work getting it fixed. When we called the parent company they basically told us sorry but that was all that they could do. It wasn't even really the $75 that we were upset about, it was actually more that we felt the hotel handled the situation very poorly. We stay in hotels probably 5-7 times a year and will never stay at a Comfort Inn again and will tell all of our family and friends about this incident. Also, this hotel was priced a little high for what it offered. The rooms were really outdated.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
We are sorry these guests were victimized by a thief. We demonstrated this by refunding one night's stay to them and by vacuuming out thier vehicle for them, not out of obligation, but out of empathy. We spent hours reviewing security footage in order to assist law enforcement to bring the criminal to justice. As a Platinum Award property, our guests' safety and security is our number one priority.
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I booked a room with two queen beds plus a sofa bed for my family to stay in for a wedding in nearby Lynden (10 miles north). We picked the Comfort Inn because it seemed to be the only one we could find that was all nonsmoking. Check in was straight forward, no lost reservation, extra keys with no hassle.

The first thing I notice when entering a hotel room is the cleanliness, and room was really clean. No dust, no little wrappers behind the nightstand. Oops, what was that? My wife found some crumbs on the bed spread? Oh well, no big deal. No 1's perphekt. The second thing I look for is the condition of the bathroom, which was clean also, no funny smells, no mold in the nooks and crannies (I must watch too much Monk). The floor had stone-look tile which was not slippery when wet (only slightly paranoid about safety).

The free high speed Internet access (both wired and Wi-Fi) was great for the kids who brought their laptops, and for me so I could check email and send in a report that I was working on. I didn't visit the pool, but my wife and kids did, which they enjoyed.

The free breakfast was amazing. It did have the breads and bagels, apples and oranges of a typical continental breakfast. On top of that it had biscuits and gravy, which my daughter had been wanting for weeks. Also sausage (patties), and scrambled and hard boiled eggs. The scrambled eggs were interesting in that they looked like oval patties. There were 5 or so different cereals. Orange, apple, cranberry, and two other juices. Coffee of course. Yogurt. And my favorite was the do-it-yourself Belgian waffles. Just pour the batter, flip over the handle, and a timer goes off when they're ready. It's fool proof. Well, actually flipping the handle starts the timer, and I hadn't flipped the handle one time. But I noticed the burning smell before the place got too bad. The whole eating area was kept clean and organized by an attendant.

One night, the people below us had complained that they could hear us walking. We are somewhat heavy steppers, so if the travelers below us are reading this review, on behalf of my family, I apologize. So the only thing negative about the place would appear to be the thin floors, or ceiling, depending on which way you look at it.

Well, one more negative, (but I could see nearly impossible to do something about), was that a couple of times the elevator had been occupied by a smoker. Whew! Cough, cough.

One more thing is that I couldn't find the ice machine on the 3rd floor. I went down to the 2nd floor to get some ice.

And not really a negative, but something I would think as odd, is that the bathrooms do not have vent fans.

An Olive Garden is conveniently two buildings down. Across the street is Billy McHale's Restaurant. A great place for the family to eat. Steaks, ribs, chicken, seafood, and you have to try the twice-baked stuffed potatos.

Also across the street is a PetSmart which came in handy for a couple of a goldfish needed for the wedding. Plus Costco which came in handy for gassing up the rental minivan.

All in all, the three-night stay was very pleasant. Checkout was a breeze. Since Internet access was free and breakfast was free, there was no last minute charge to check up on. The front desk just typed something in the computer, out popped the receipt and we were on our way. Oh, and the wedding was beautiful.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

This Comfort Inn is really at the top end of the "two-star" category. Room is clean and includes mini-fridge and microwave. Staff is friendly. There isn't anything special about the furnishings, but there is nothing wrong with them. Bed and bedding is decent. Free WiFi in the rooms. Includes a good "expanded" continental breakfast (waffle bar, hot cereal, good selection of fresh fruits and pastries). Location is good, lots of dining selection right on the block. I think my only complaint is a mildly noisy heater.

Comfort Inn won't win a beauty contest and is not a luxury hotel, but it is a reliably good quality hotel. This is my third time staying here and I've been comfortable and satisfied with every visit.

• Liked — Many ammenities included
  • Disliked — Noisy heater
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!