“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Victoria
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ok, sure this isn't a 5 star, but it isn't 5 star pricing either! We actually found as good an experience here as we did in hotels we paid twice the price for. Had all you needed really, spacious rooms with comfortable beds, quietest AC I've ever experienced in a hotel (ok, seemed to not pump much juice through, but its Pac NW and that isn't needed. Everything was clean, staff were very friendly. I also really appreciated that it was off the I5 a few minutes - nice to not have to listen to the big truckers rolling through. If there was any complaint at all, I suppose I could say the breakfast items in the hotpans were luke warm/had overstayed their welcome. This likely related more to a slower time at breakfast so the turnover of food wasn't as fast as normal. Just an item to watch for whoever is on. Other than that, enough decent variety to fill up before you head out.

The other item I really appreciated was that I had dropped 1 sandal out of my suitcase and didn't realize until I got home. Staff had found it and when suggested, they have no problem shipping it out for me to match up with its lost soul. It is an extra hastle, but they didn't hesitate. Much appreciated, and we would definitely stop there again if needed. You get much more than the price would lead you to believe!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear deewar25,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad we got your sandal back with its other half and did that with convince and ease. I have taken this review to my breakfast staff and the proper training has been implemented, we appreciate you bringing that issue to our attention so that we can address it. Our goal is to be the best value in town and it looks like we accomplished that with your stay. We are always looking for new ways to continue to be the best value and with responses likes yours, it helps us get better and also lets us know we are meeting that goal in our guests eyes.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next stay in Bellingham.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I hadn't stayed here for several years and was pleasantly surprised that this hotel appeared newer than last time! The bed was new - and SO comfortable. Breakfast had even more variety and the attendant was so friendly and helpful. As a Diamond member I was upgraded to a suite - more than enough room for just me. 2 big flat screen tvs, lots of plugs (some pricier hotels I've stayed in had very few) a window I could open for fresh air, kitchenette, etc, etc, etc. A couple of nit picky suggestions: auto check out, and a newspaper at my door (most Comfort Inns I stay in have both of these) and you get a 5 star rating next time - lol. Still my first choice next time I get away to Bellingham.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Travelmarcia,

Thank you so much for coming back to our hotel on your last visit. We always love to see our Elite Diamond members. I am glad you enjoyed our new beds and our latest renovations. We are always working to keep our facility up to date for our guests. I appreciate you bringing up your thoughts on the newspapers by the doors, I will look into that and see if there is a way to effectively implement that process. Here at the Comfort Inn Bellingham we have our express check-out at the front desk. The reason we have them at the front desk instead of by the door, is to make sure that we have to opportunity to make sure every guest had an enjoyable stay in person. Ideas from guest, like yours, are vital to us. They help us effectively continue to improve.

We thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay with us was. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bellingham.

Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This Comfort Inn is very well located for those who are just travelling through and/or those who are into shopping. From other reviews you'll note the number of shops in the area and the hotel amenities.

I particularly liked the large lobby area and big breakfast room. The room was large, comfortable and very clean. Price reasonable as well. (Less per night then the Quality Inn which is almost right beside it)

Would I stay again? Definitely.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a busy street so you may want to ask for a room further away from the main road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TMLB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your past trip down to Bellingham. I'm glad you enjoyed our facility during your stay and you found it to be a great value. Our goal here at the Comfort Inn Bellingham is to be the best value in town. Taking time out of your day to let us and others know how we did is very much appreciated. Guest reviews are a key part to the success of businesses, we thank you.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our town.

Rome, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a more expensive hotel close to I-5 the first night and it was a big disappointment. I heard every semi truck the whole night! The Comfort Inn was a welcome relief of tranquility and rest. ZERO traffic noise! It has nearly the same quality of bed and pillows, while the sheets and towels were not quite as soft as the more expensive place. The rooms are surprisingly large enough to entertain guests in a secondary "lounge area" (complete with a second tv and couches). There is a pool and other amenities. One other thing to note, the full breakfast was decent. Not quite what I would order if I went out, but still this hotel is a bargain at this price.

Seriously, if sleep is what you want, this place is it.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear NOstranger2u,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your latest trip to the Bellingham area. We love our location being centrally located, but away from the freeway which provides a much quieter stay ,as you mentioned. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed a blissful night's sleep and enjoyed our rooms as well as our new beds. As a hotel always looking for ways to improve, we really appreciate you taking time out of your day to let us know how we did. I will look into the linen matter that you had mentioned and see if there is something we can do about the softness. Our goal is to be the number one value in Bellingham and I am very pleased to see that we met our goal in your eyes. Reviews from our guests help us continue improving in every way we can, thank you.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Bellingham.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Spent the weekend here while visiting my son at nearby Western Washington University. Hotel is about a mile north of the Bellis Fair Mall, about 5 miles north of WWU. Very easy to get to, off the Guide Meridian exit. There's a Costco + Costco Gas across the street, WinCo Grocery, Walmart nearby. Lots of restaurants within a short drive. Olive Garden was about 2 blocks south.

I had a room with a King-sized bed on top floor facing north. The bed was a bit too firm for my taste but is probably fine for others. There's a selection of both soft and firm pillows. My room overlooked a field and was far away from road for ample peace and quiet. The room was spacious, though the bath tub is VERY narrow for a relaxing warm bath compared to many other hotels but perfect for shower. Large TV with many channels to suit any viewing preference.

The breakfast is deluxe compared to other hotels that charge more per night. Aside from the usual fruits, yogurts, cereal, pastries, this place had both blueberry and regular waffle batter, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and round scrambled eggs (to make your own egg muffin sandwich. They also sell some ice cream bars and personal sized frozen pizza (to make in a special oven that's in breakfast area) for sale.

The lobby is bright, clean and large. The staff is courteous and helpful. There is a small computer available for checking emails and such but the connection was extremely slow. Complementary Wifi is available for those who have their own electronic devices (I don't)

Indoor pool is small, but perfect for a quick dip or lap swims. There is also an exercise room and sauna. The hot tub is more "warm" than hot, but still refreshing. There is a sling (not sure what it's really called) to allow disabled / wheelchair patrons to be hoisted into the hot tub.

Overall the facility was fabulous and I would definitely be staying here again when I'm in town.

Room Tip: Top floor - north side (even numbers) - at least half way down the hallway, like #318 and beyond.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear CasualTravlers51488,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us and others know how your stay with us was. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that we earned your 5 star review! I am currently looking into the hot tub temperature matter; we do check chemical and temperature levels every day and keep it at the required health code levels for our guest's safety, which comes first in everything we do. In regards to our breakfast, I am pleased you found it deluxe compared to others. We try to offer a wide range of hearty and healthy options so everyone can start the morning off right with something with something they enjoy. Reviews from our guests, like yours, help our hotel. We continue to always be improving. With perspectives and ideas from our guests we can really make our best effort to improve our hotel that makes the most important people happy, the guests.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Bellingham.

Whiterock, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

very happy we stayed here before our journey to Florida. The rooms are lovely and there is a nice hot tub, pool and sauna. They provide breakfast, take you to the airport and back if you leave your car there while on holiday. What more can you ask for? thank you !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fushia288,

Thank you for staying with us before your trip to Florida. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities as well as taking advantage of our park and fly option. We try to take away part of the stress that can happen with travel. We have our competitive rates for parking and the free shuttle. Our goal is to get you on your trip without worrying about making it to the airport on time, we believe starting out a vacation on the right foot, really sets the tone for our guest's trip.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip to Bellingham be it park and fly or a getaway to our town.

Port Alberni, Bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visit Bellingham often from BC and this hotel is our first choice.

The quality of the bed and sheets is wonderful. The hotel is spotlessly clean and very well run.

This hotel is often sold - out and consequently breakfast is very busy at times. They restock everything frequently and the choice is very good.

There's a computer to use in reception, and a nice pool. The TVs are large flat screen and have a good choice of channels.

The hotel is across the road from Costco and near to Walmart. The Bellis Fair Mall is about a mile away. The location is quiet as it's not on the freeway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!