“"I Work in the hotel Buisness"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Portland, Oregon, United States
“"I Work in the hotel Buisness"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I work in a hotel in Oregon and I went to go visit Western Washington University over the weekend with my father and brother. It was a 6 hour early long drive to get all the way up there but is probably one of the greatest small cities in America. We checked into the Comfort inn and Were greeted by a great friendly staff. The pool is perfect size hot tub was perfect and the sauna nice and hot great pool for kids. All in all had a great time here will definately be coming back here next time I am in Bellingham.

Room Tip: They are worth every red penny
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As soon as we walked into the lobby we liked this hotel. The woman behind the counter was pleasant and efficient, the lobby was spacious and clean, and there was an intangible feeling of welcome.

Our room was even better: large and furnished with comfortable, rich-looking furniture and sparkling clean. Everything looked new.

The breakfast was typical of nice hotels: sausage patties, eggs, yogurt, waffles, juice, six kinds of hot and cold cereal, fruit, pastries, etc. it was easy to over eat.

We wished the exercise room had more than a few pieces of equipment because they were all constantly in use.

A COSTCO is right across the street, and a number of mini-malls are nearby.

Summary: A classy hotel without being glitzy or pretentious, simply solid high quality. The staff set the tone for this being a place we wanted to be. Other hotels nearby are somewhat cheaper, but we felt spending the extra money was well worth it. We regret that we could spend only a single night there this time. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Okanogan, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in early September with 3 kids. We requested a roll away for one of the kids when we made our reservation, and it was in the room when we checked in. The front desk staff was very helpful and efficient. The room was very clean, quiet, and the beds were comfortable. Couldn't ask for more for the price. We would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear KS-OK,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and everything was ready and waiting for you at check in. Our goal is to be the best value in town and it sounds like we have kept that up with your response. Our housekeeping staff is truly great; their hard work really helps us maintain such great consistent stays for our guests.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Bellingham.

Forks, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I usually stay here when I am in Bellingham. They have always been clean and comfortable. They had a selection of pillows of different firmness so I could pick what I liked. They are far enough from I-5 so there is no traffic noise although this may be a disadvantage to some. I slept very well.

Breakfast was good the first two mornings with all the usual baked goods, cereal, waffles etc. They also had eggs, sausage patties, bacon and biscuits with gravy. All of it was very good. The third morning I got there late which was a mistake. The place was packed. They had some extra tables set up and even then it was difficult to find a place to sit. The bacon seemed to have been prepared too hastily as it was just barely done. The sausage ran out while I was there. The server was running around trying to get everything restocked but the rush of people seemed to have overwhelmed her. Next time I will eat breakfast a little earlier on the weekend.

Room Tip: The pool area is noisy. Lots of kids using the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on your trip to Bellingham. I'm glad to see the first two mornings that you were able to enjoy our breakfast as usual. I am, however, sorry about the third day. We try to provide an excellent breakfast with many different options and great service. The breakfast bar attendants work very hard to keep our breakfast area stocked so all guests can start their morning off right. We love is how busy our hotel is, the downside is that if we are full, this can cause the chance of the issue that you described. We have continued to make improvements to accommodate the growing business we are so fortunate to have. As you noted we did add extra tables to the area. From time to time an occurrence can happen like the one you had. This happens when most of our guests come down for breakfast at the same exact time. We are always looking for ways to improve this and we take our guests responses, like yours, very seriously. I will pass this information on to the owners to continue out effort to make our hotel the best it can be.

I'm glad you enjoyed the new pillows and beds that we have put in our hotel. With so many different needs for guest we wanted to provide the different types of pillows. I'm very glad to see they suited you well.

Thank you from all of us here for taking the time out of your day to write this response. It helps others see the guest side of the hotel, and helps us to keep improving.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Took a short trip through BC and needed a motel on our last night. We didn't want to stray too far from I-5 but our border crossing shunted us through Bellingham. We had been staying in Best Western hotels in Canada but this Comfort Inn was near the road and across from a restaurant so we gave it a try.

Less money than Best Western. Choice of pillows on the bed (Hard and soft) sold me. I had a headache and snagged the soft pillows first thing. Next to the busy roadway and couldn't hear a thing. Clean and comfortable. Would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has no vending machine so that noise is eliminated
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your short trip into Bellingham. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our new pillows and you were able to get some rest while battling a headache. I’m very glad our location was easy for you as well. We do love being close to everything while maintaining a quiet and relaxing location. Sleep being the number one reason why people choose hotels, it is so good to hear that this was the best sleep had on your trip. That is a big compliment for any hotel.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review. We hope to see you the next time you are passing through Bellingham.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great value, clean and located close to Bellis Fair. Small pool, jacuzzi, and hot tub made for a nice way to unwind at the end of the day. Rooms are reasonable size, the bed separated from a small sitting area. Both rooms had HD TV's. A very small kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, sink and coffee pot. The complimentary breakfast was good, nothing spectacular but a nice variety of breakfast items (don't expect 4 star cuisine). Perfect choice for families!!! We went with my elderly parents, and the hotel was great about keeping our rooms together, and on the ground floor.

vancouver, bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Return visit to this great budget hotel. Stayed in suite with 2 queen beds and 2 pull outs with 2 adults and 3 kids. Pull out in living room is somewhat broken and only good for a young child to sleep on. Spacious room with full kitchen. Only negative is its right across from pool and vending machine's so somewhat noisy as doors slam. Other negative was no wifi!! Asked at front desk on saturday and they said they were resetting router and should be on in 10 minutes. Then my sister and daughter asked about an hour later and they told them the same thing! On sunday I asked again and person at front desk said they saw a note about that but should be working fine..not!! Had to drive to Woods Coffee to get wifi and tell my husband we were alive and well. I'd still return as its a great value and location for shopping.

Room Tip: Suites all seem to be on main floor. Just end up hearing pitter patter of feet above you until 10 or...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!