“Better suited for the "hourly customer"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Rocky Mouontains
“Better suited for the "hourly customer"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

To begin with you need to ask for help at the front desk. The person is usually in a back room and NOT present to meet and greet you. Once checked in you will find mold in the bathrooms and have to "prep" the toilet for usage. The shower heads, although look nice and fancy, only work with one setting. My air conditioner/heater did not work and when I mentioned this to the front desk they simply told me that they do work and I must be imagining it. The internet connections in the room did not work and when I mentioned this to the staff (same girl) they gave me the same blanket answer that I must be imagining it. The bedding seemed to be at least 20 years old.
The blanket was very old, worn and shredding. The sheets were so thin and flimsy I was actually scared I would rip through them by just sleeping. I was able to see right through them. There were no mattress pads. The lighting in the rooms were very dull and dim also. There were iron gates around the property but all were left open all night long and I did not feel security was a priority. The "breakfast" in the morning was nothing more than canned pinnaple and hard boiled eggs. I feel this facility is best suited for the "hourly customer". I will never, ever, ever go back to this establishment and will let everybody I know not to go there. STAY AWAY!!!

[-]

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — checking in
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kirkland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

Beware of thousands of ants, moldy bathrooms, filthy rooms and smoke detectors hanging off the wall. They will give you a free can of Raid for your bug problem!

Not to mention a VERY unprofessional staff!

We took our complaints to the corporate level, and were refered back to the Manager of the INN. She has the customer service of a WALL!

So our advice is to sleep in your car before choosing this Slum Inn!

• Stayed March 2005
WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

Stayed there because it was giving good ratings. But was caught by Surprise upon my stay. Rented one of those rooms with TUB/SPA. Well sure wasnt what I'd ever expect. It didnt work, when I notified someone. It took almost a full day. Therefore I couldnt take a shower.... A bath.. but then it was hard to shut off the water because it wasnt working properly. They still rented the room anyways, And Had to know about the problem with shower.

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

My daughter was getting married in September and we had a lot of out of town guests that needed a place to stay. After shopping around at nearly every hotel in Bellingham, my daughter and I came accross the Baron Suites. The Sales Director was by far the best one we had come into contact with. He was so helpfull with every detail from roomtypes to their hospitality suite, he took the time to show us each roomtype and explained all the amenities in detail. He even gave us a very classy informational insert that we sent with all of the wedding invitations (It matched our invitation font). I dont think he knew how much stress he took off our shoulders that day.

After the wedding we received nothing but praise from all of our family and friends who stayed there (almost 50 rooms). The Baron Suites truly made our wedding weekend the greatest it could have been. We would recomend this hotel to anyone and especially to those mother daughters who are trying to organize their wedding plans. Thank you Quality Inn!!

• Stayed November 2005
Nanaimo B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

Room was very nice but the sheets were so thin you could see through them. The brown blanket looked old and dirty. BOth had outlived their useful life and should have been replaced. This was the only draw back to what was otherwise a nice, economical room.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

We booked 15 rooms for a soccer team, they increased their prices for the tournament as well as required us to give them 7 days cancellation notices. They also charged us for rooms that we did not use and cancelled.

vancouver, bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

We stayed there Febuary 2003, our room was ok...nothing special. The price was resonable and we would have been satisfied except our car was broken into! We had parked near the entrance and thought it was a safe, visible location. Our $300 car stereo was stolen along with our insurance papers. To make it worse it was raining overnight so the inside of the car was soaking wet. The staff were helpful and called the police for us and assisted in cleaning the glass from the car. We understand it is not the hotels fault that our car was broken into but because of this we would not want to stay there again. So if you do stay there, be careful where you park and keep an eye on your car!

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!