“Everything was fine except the bed!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Aloha
“Everything was fine except the bed!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff was welcoming and courteous; a fast check-in and easy instructions to our rooms. The rooms were clean, some of the tables were pretty old and used but serviceable. I had no complaints until the first night's sleep. I don't know what kind of bed we had but within minutes I had sore pressure points where my shoulder and hip rested on the mattress. If I turned over, the other side hurt within minutes. Opting to sleep on my back produced an uncomfortable backache within minutes. The pillows were fat and hard; it was a miserable night's sleep. I wonder if anyone else besides us had this problem?

The breakfast each morning was varied and substantial--if I were in charge I'd move the long table further away from the food buffet area as it was crowded when trying to access the food items.

Checkout was super quick and friendly; the price was fine, but I won't stay there again because of the beds. Each night's sleep was miserable for us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
On behalf of the staff at the Quality Inn, I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and are glad to hear that the check in and check out process was fast and efficient. However we do apologize for the inconvenience pertaining to the bed. We are in the process of updating our beds with new mattresses to better serve our guests. We would love for you to give us another chance and try out our new double pillow top mattresses.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I planned to stay in Mt. Vernon however unexpectedly I needed to be in Bellingham. The Quality Inn staff were extremely courteous and offered a great room. The room was very clean and the internet fast and easy to connect. The hotel is centrally located to excellent shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We can't wait to see you on your next visits.
B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

First the good: the staff are friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was generous and well stocked.
The bad: the wifi was horribly frustrating. The rooms were shabby and the bathroom musty smelling. Our room opened to an outside hallway and our bedroom window opened to an outside roof. If I had been travelling alone, I would have been worried about security. Anyway, pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere nicer is my recommendation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds and wonderful breakfast! I apologize that you encountered Wi-Fi issues during your stay. Our staff is available 24 hours a day and are very helpful with connecting to the internet. We hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff was great and even offered free upgrade. Room nice and large, very clean. Pool and hot tub clean and pool even heated! Will definitely stay again. Felt safe and comfortable. Good food places close by to eat as well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Wow, what a fantastic review! Our staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax in our beautiful pool and hot tub!
Anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We did the park and fly package for $90. That included our room for the night, free parking for the week and a taxi to and from the airport! I thought that was an awesome deal! And my kids loved the pool and hot tub

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel! Great news to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amazing park and fly package!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before flying out of BLI and the Quality Inn Grand Suites proved to be everything we needed. To be sure this isn't a five star hotel, nor do they claim to be, and the property is beginning to show its age, but our room was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable which is everything I hoped for. The breakfast was enjoyable and about average with several kinds of cold cereal, assorted pastries, yogurt, and waffles, there's certainly no shortage of things to choose from. The staff was congenial and welcoming and seemed to genuinely care about our stay. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent visit with us, and for sharing with others about your experience. We appreciate the feedback, and would love to see you back soon!
Powell River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I like this hotel. The rooms are big and fully equipped with kitchettes , and 2 TVs; one in the bed area and one in the sitting area. They have a good breakfast and complimentary newspapers. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The property is well kept and well located with an Olive garden on the same city block. We had a king bed, I liked the pillows, they can be adjusted a little for shape. I don't like cheap super puffy high pillows and these were not those kind. The TV is modern and has an easy to find sleep timer. I like to fall asleep watching TV so this timer thing is a bit of a big deal to me. My only complaint would be the bed - too firm for my liking. I like pillow-top mattresses; I'm a bit of wuss when it comes to bedtime comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for deciding to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites in Bellingham, and great new to hear that your were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and amenities that we have to offer!