“Better Than Average Stay at Aging Property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Sacramento, California
“Better Than Average Stay at Aging Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before flying out of BLI and the Quality Inn Grand Suites proved to be everything we needed. To be sure this isn't a five star hotel, nor do they claim to be, and the property is beginning to show its age, but our room was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable which is everything I hoped for. The breakfast was enjoyable and about average with several kinds of cold cereal, assorted pastries, yogurt, and waffles, there's certainly no shortage of things to choose from. The staff was congenial and welcoming and seemed to genuinely care about our stay. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent visit with us, and for sharing with others about your experience. We appreciate the feedback, and would love to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Powell River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I like this hotel. The rooms are big and fully equipped with kitchettes , and 2 TVs; one in the bed area and one in the sitting area. They have a good breakfast and complimentary newspapers. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The property is well kept and well located with an Olive garden on the same city block. We had a king bed, I liked the pillows, they can be adjusted a little for shape. I don't like cheap super puffy high pillows and these were not those kind. The TV is modern and has an easy to find sleep timer. I like to fall asleep watching TV so this timer thing is a bit of a big deal to me. My only complaint would be the bed - too firm for my liking. I like pillow-top mattresses; I'm a bit of wuss when it comes to bedtime comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for deciding to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites in Bellingham, and great new to hear that your were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and amenities that we have to offer!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms are huge with a small kitchen.very clean,very comfortable,friendly helpful staff.quite location.breakfast is bountiful with hot & cold choices.highly recommended.hot tub pool .lots of eaters close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the exceptional review and recommendation for the Quality Inn Grand Suites in Bellingham. We are very glad that you enjoyed your room and the other amenities that the property has to offer.
Lac La Hache, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at the Quality Inn Grand Suites on May 14th before flying out of Bellingham. It is a great value budget hotel. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable. The buffet breakfast is enough to get one going in the morning. Complimentary shuttle is provided to the airport. I left my car with friends so I didn't take advantage of the parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing information about our hotel with others! I am delighted that you were able to enjoy our hotels location, centrally placed in the premium shopping district of Bellingham, WA.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We usually stay at accommodations on the southern end of Bellingham, but this time we decided to stay in the Guide Meridian corridor as we had a fair amount of local shopping to do.

Hotel and staff first impressions were all as good as can be. We booked a king whirlpool room, no pets/smoking, online for an amazing price. Checking-in and settling into our room was all good. Until about an hour later when we realized our next door neighbors were unusually loud in terms of talking. Not just talking, but frequent cussing, along with an unusual amount of banging sounds and sound of moving furniture. We thought it'd be just a short anomaly, but the issue persisted for another 1/2 hour. To make a long story short, after an evening of putting up with the issue that wasn't going away, we enquired with the front desk staff if we could switch rooms. The gentleman on duty, Joe, was very attentive and empathetic to our situation and after a quick check of room availability, allowed us to move to an identical room further down the hall from our old room. No extra charges were required. We were very appreciative of his swift and professional response, which saved our night's stay.

We will definitely return to QIGS at a future opportunity.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel! We appreciate you sharing with everyone about your stay. And I am pleased to hear that Joe was able to help you switch rooms. Our friendly front desk staff is always available 24 hours a day, for assistance, even if it's just to grab an extra towel or pack of coffee. Again, I am glad we were able to help, and we would love to have you here next time!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We are staying here for 2 nights and it makes my stomach hurt to know I am giving these people our hard earned money. I checked in at 1, tried to go to our room and it was being "cleaned." My husband went to the front desk to ask her when our room would be ready and she said she wasn't sure, but check-in isn't until 3. Why didn't she tell me that? We left for lunch and came back at 3 and our room was still being cleaned.. So my husband went to the front desk again, but the two women were too busy having a conversation in the office and decided not to acknowledge him. We waited 5 minutes or so and our room was finished.

I wish my review would get better, but this place is a crap hole. We had no clue that it was only 1 Queen bed and a fold out bed. This motel (no way is this considered a hotel) is disgusting. The room stinks, the furniture is old and falling apart, and it just looks like crap.

There is a reason that they are a lot cheaper than other places. Spend the money and stay somewhere else. Really wishing we could afford to eat the cost of this place and stay somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us, and we are sorry that you had a less than satisfactory visit to our property. We apologize for the inconvenience of the mishap during check in and your room. Please feel free to contact us if you are ever in the area again. I am sure a second visit to the hotel will show you the kind of service and quality that keep others coming back time and time again.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Grand Suites in Bellingham. Everything was very pleasant, clean, hearty breakfast and a super friendly staff. I wish I could have this experience every time I stay in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing with everyone about how we are preforming. It is superb to hear that you had more than one excellent stay with us. Our staff and I are excited to see you here on your next visit!