“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Richmond, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night by myself, and the room was tidy, clean and nice. I didn't expect luxury, so my expectations were more than met. Great staff, comfortable mattress, and QUIET! Breakfast was great as well. After staying in a few places in Bellingham, I recommend this most.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us, on TripAdvisor. Fine news to hear, that you enjoyed our quiet, comfortable rooms, our expanded continental breakfast, and our helpful staff. We can’t wait till your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nakusp, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Last night we had the worst night ever. The room next to us partied until 1 am the front desk was called several times. The clerk offered to move us to a new room, however we where already in bed and trying to sleep. The noise kept up and nothing was done but a few phone calls to the room to ask them to settle down. I asked for a refund but was told that because I pre paid that no refund would be offered.

The walls in this hotel are paper thin. The front desk staff are terribly under trained.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory.
Our standard procedure in this event would be to switch rooms, so we did move the noisy guests to another room, and as promised we were able to compensate your stay for the night.
We would love to have you back on your next trip to Bellingham, to provide you with our standard, exceptional service.
Once again please accept our apologies and hope to see you soon!
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband & I recently spent several nights here when we were in the Pacific Northwest. We stayed in the extended stay area in a suite. It was quite comfortable. We had a small kitchen area with a mini-frig. & microwave with some dishes & silverware which was convenient as we were taking day hikes & trips every day & were often quite tired when returning, so we would order in or bring take-out food in. The daily breakfast was nothing special & there really were not any restaurants in the immediate vicinity except for the Olive Garden. Other than that I would recommend this place if you were looking to stay in Bellingham.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our suites and that you were able to explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest! The staff and I pride ourselves in providing great service and great prices for guests looking to come to the area for business, shopping, or just a quick getaway from home.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work, alone. When looking at the place online, it appeared that the rooms were indoor access, but they weren't. For security purposes I'd rather indoor access. The hotel was really old looking. It could use some updating. The staff is awesome. I loved to convenience of the location.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that we were a perfect location for your business trip. Our hotel is an interior/ exterior property, and our front desk is always staffed 24/7.
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hotel is clean and close to shopping. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rates are good. Hotel near Cosco and Olive Garden restaurant and a few minutes drive from Bellis Fair Mall. Complementary breakfast was well stocked.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk for a room to your liking and they will accomodate you if a room is availabl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Momdey1,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others by reviewing our property. The Quality Staff and I look forward to serving you on your next trip to Bellingham!
Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our first time trip to Bellingham brought us here. The room is very spacious with a living room area then kitchen type area, then the bedroom. The room was very clean. There was a coffee maker in the room as well as tea. The bedding was nice too. The suite setup was perfect torus. My husband got to sleep in while I was up at work in the living room area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back. There was an elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you very much for deciding to stay with us at the Quality Inn Grand Suites on your very first trip to Bellingham! Glad that you and your husband had such a nice stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the amenities that the hotel and town have to offer.
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

To start with, the staff is polite, helpful, and generally professional. The continental breakfast is a plus, but they stop it earlier than some hotels, at 9:30 on weekdays and 10 on weekends. For business travelers, this is fine, for vacationers, a bit early. Check-in went very smoothly.

Here's the cons:
1. The building was designed for a warmer climate. Each floor has rooms 'outside', with only an air-leaking swinging glass door between them and the internal hallways. This past weekend it was in the 20s, so the internal halls were quite cold. The laundry facilities are in the basement of a wing that is outside, so even though there is a short hallway to the laundry, it is open to the cold, with no heating. The morning I wanted to do laundry it was 18 degrees outside.
2. We stayed for 2 weeks. Our key cards to our rooms stopped working twice, each time after 3 days. I finally asked for different key cards, explaining what was happening. The desk clerk asked how long I was staying, set the key cards for that, and they have now worked fine ever since. Seems the other clerks were defaulting them to the average length of stay. Big hit on professionalism.
3. On the 9th day of our stay, in the evening, I tried to make a 1-800 call by dialing 9, which is required for any local call (including 911). I kept getting a busy tone. I called the front desk, and he had to adjust the settings on my phone, which then worked. This tells me that either nobody ever turned on my phone, or it got turned off after a few days (like the key cards). Again, big hit on professional service. What if I had needed to call 911? Ridiculous.
4. We're in the area visiting family. Frequently when we return to the hotel room around 8 or 9 pm, the heat is turned off in our room...on days when it is in the 20s or 30s outside. Again, this is not the way a professional hotel should operate. Housecleaning should know that we're still in the room and leave the heat setting where they found it.
5. Minor stains on carpet in room, spot where wallpaper is peeling in bathroom. Nothing really disturbing, but not what I expect in an award winning hotel.

So, while there are definitely good points about the hotel, the 'cons' of the building design and the lack of professional approach in dealing with long-term guests makes it an average or lower stay for me.

Room Tip: if traveling in cold weather, definitely ask for a room 'inside'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The Staff and I are very sorry to hear you had issues during your stay with us here in town. Thank you for bringing these items up, we will be sure to address each one with the staff. In the end, we will continue to strive for excellence for each and everyone of our guests and we wish you the best in your travels for the new year.