“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Tigard, Oregon
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our first time trip to Bellingham brought us here. The room is very spacious with a living room area then kitchen type area, then the bedroom. The room was very clean. There was a coffee maker in the room as well as tea. The bedding was nice too. The suite setup was perfect torus. My husband got to sleep in while I was up at work in the living room area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back. There was an elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you very much for deciding to stay with us at the Quality Inn Grand Suites on your very first trip to Bellingham! Glad that you and your husband had such a nice stay with us and were able to take advantage of all the amenities that the hotel and town have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

To start with, the staff is polite, helpful, and generally professional. The continental breakfast is a plus, but they stop it earlier than some hotels, at 9:30 on weekdays and 10 on weekends. For business travelers, this is fine, for vacationers, a bit early. Check-in went very smoothly.

Here's the cons:
1. The building was designed for a warmer climate. Each floor has rooms 'outside', with only an air-leaking swinging glass door between them and the internal hallways. This past weekend it was in the 20s, so the internal halls were quite cold. The laundry facilities are in the basement of a wing that is outside, so even though there is a short hallway to the laundry, it is open to the cold, with no heating. The morning I wanted to do laundry it was 18 degrees outside.
2. We stayed for 2 weeks. Our key cards to our rooms stopped working twice, each time after 3 days. I finally asked for different key cards, explaining what was happening. The desk clerk asked how long I was staying, set the key cards for that, and they have now worked fine ever since. Seems the other clerks were defaulting them to the average length of stay. Big hit on professionalism.
3. On the 9th day of our stay, in the evening, I tried to make a 1-800 call by dialing 9, which is required for any local call (including 911). I kept getting a busy tone. I called the front desk, and he had to adjust the settings on my phone, which then worked. This tells me that either nobody ever turned on my phone, or it got turned off after a few days (like the key cards). Again, big hit on professional service. What if I had needed to call 911? Ridiculous.
4. We're in the area visiting family. Frequently when we return to the hotel room around 8 or 9 pm, the heat is turned off in our room...on days when it is in the 20s or 30s outside. Again, this is not the way a professional hotel should operate. Housecleaning should know that we're still in the room and leave the heat setting where they found it.
5. Minor stains on carpet in room, spot where wallpaper is peeling in bathroom. Nothing really disturbing, but not what I expect in an award winning hotel.

So, while there are definitely good points about the hotel, the 'cons' of the building design and the lack of professional approach in dealing with long-term guests makes it an average or lower stay for me.

Room Tip: if traveling in cold weather, definitely ask for a room 'inside'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The Staff and I are very sorry to hear you had issues during your stay with us here in town. Thank you for bringing these items up, we will be sure to address each one with the staff. In the end, we will continue to strive for excellence for each and everyone of our guests and we wish you the best in your travels for the new year.
Chesterfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed almost a week for business/vacation. Nice, clean rooms, although could use a little updating. Suite included king bed, fridge, microwave, and jacuzzi tub - big enough for 2 people. Typical complimentary breakfast kept well stocked and very friendly staff. Great location in Bellingham, close to the freeway, mall, and several restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share with others about your experience here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites. Hopefully, you were able to explore and see everything that Bellingham has to offer during your stay. If not maybe we will see you again sometime in the future.
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was the fourth time we stayed at the Quality Inn Suites and we were more than happy. Asked for the ground floor as a request and received it. Room was clean, fresh and quiet. We stayed close to the front entrance and were afraid it might be noisy, didn't hear a thing. The front receptionist who checked us in on Sunday was there as usual an friendly. She was also there on Monday night and Tuesday morning. We told her were we were going for dinner and she told us to advice them we were staying at the hotel so we got an excellent discount. Thanks again for that advice. Will definitely be back to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Excellent news for the Staff and I to hear that you had a wonderful charming stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites in Bellingham. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the New Year!
Abbotsford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Arrived late Friday night to kick off "Mom's Annual Girls Trip" for a quiet night alone before meeting up with friends at Tulalip. Was excited to get the jacuzzi suite I had requested and have stayed in before, but was met with a cold, gloomy room with an outdoor entrance. I called the front desk and the guy moved me no problem, but I had to move to a first floor room with 2 queens. At this point I was so annoyed I agreed, bad idea. Walked into a dirty room, stains on sheets, dirt on bathroom floor and some weird splatter on the half wall between the beds which I can only hope was soda. Not to mention that it was NOT a quiet night to myself since I could hear every word, laugh and shout from the neighboring room (I can't blame this on the hotel, but being that we were first floor right near the front desk I wonder how staff could not hear anything until 3 AM!) I left quite upset first thing Saturday morning, and when asked how my stay was and I replied "Not good." The girl left it at that and did not try to ask anymore about it. (Probably for the best since I was near tears, so upset, tired and disappointed.) I am ebarrassed now that I told everyone where I would be staying and how great it was since I had stayed there before. What a joke. We won't be back again.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here if you are looking for cleanliness, QUALITY, or a good night rest. Sor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Heather B.,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, and for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I can assure you that we are extremely diligent in our housekeeping department, and our front desk staff is always accommodating to guests’ needs. I would love to invite you and your family back, to give us another chance to show you why others stay with us time and time again. Please call the hotel directly to book your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Leah R.
Oak Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was excellent and very, very accommodating. I was sent here after our flight didn't take off out of B'Ham airport. A friend had recommended this place a long time ago for its convenience and I can see why. It's close to theaters and shopping and dining.
The hot tub was open upon request during our rainy morning. The breakfast was alright just they started to put things away prior to the time they stopped serving which made it difficult to get something to eat.
The rooms needed some definite work as far as painting, grout upkeep and carpeting. However I can't say enough about the staff being over the top helpful in getting anyone to where they needed to be or providing something to someone they needed because they forgot it in their checked bag. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We arrived at this hotel late at night after a flight from Los Angeles and noticed the next morning that the room was filthy with grass on carpet, a pizza crust on the floor, dusty curtains, and some kind of red gooey stuff on the bathroom wall. We mentioned it to the girl at the front desk but when we checked out the next day we were hoping that we would have got some kind of discount on the room, but no. We have stayed at this hotel in the past a number of times and have been pleased with how clean the rooms were then. Not sure if we will stay here again next time. Very disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!