“A Disappointed repeat customer, will not be returning...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Abbotsford, Canada
“A Disappointed repeat customer, will not be returning...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Arrived late Friday night to kick off "Mom's Annual Girls Trip" for a quiet night alone before meeting up with friends at Tulalip. Was excited to get the jacuzzi suite I had requested and have stayed in before, but was met with a cold, gloomy room with an outdoor entrance. I called the front desk and the guy moved me no problem, but I had to move to a first floor room with 2 queens. At this point I was so annoyed I agreed, bad idea. Walked into a dirty room, stains on sheets, dirt on bathroom floor and some weird splatter on the half wall between the beds which I can only hope was soda. Not to mention that it was NOT a quiet night to myself since I could hear every word, laugh and shout from the neighboring room (I can't blame this on the hotel, but being that we were first floor right near the front desk I wonder how staff could not hear anything until 3 AM!) I left quite upset first thing Saturday morning, and when asked how my stay was and I replied "Not good." The girl left it at that and did not try to ask anymore about it. (Probably for the best since I was near tears, so upset, tired and disappointed.) I am ebarrassed now that I told everyone where I would be staying and how great it was since I had stayed there before. What a joke. We won't be back again.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here if you are looking for cleanliness, QUALITY, or a good night rest. Sor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Heather B.,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, and for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I can assure you that we are extremely diligent in our housekeeping department, and our front desk staff is always accommodating to guests’ needs. I would love to invite you and your family back, to give us another chance to show you why others stay with us time and time again. Please call the hotel directly to book your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Leah R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oak Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was excellent and very, very accommodating. I was sent here after our flight didn't take off out of B'Ham airport. A friend had recommended this place a long time ago for its convenience and I can see why. It's close to theaters and shopping and dining.
The hot tub was open upon request during our rainy morning. The breakfast was alright just they started to put things away prior to the time they stopped serving which made it difficult to get something to eat.
The rooms needed some definite work as far as painting, grout upkeep and carpeting. However I can't say enough about the staff being over the top helpful in getting anyone to where they needed to be or providing something to someone they needed because they forgot it in their checked bag. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We arrived at this hotel late at night after a flight from Los Angeles and noticed the next morning that the room was filthy with grass on carpet, a pizza crust on the floor, dusty curtains, and some kind of red gooey stuff on the bathroom wall. We mentioned it to the girl at the front desk but when we checked out the next day we were hoping that we would have got some kind of discount on the room, but no. We have stayed at this hotel in the past a number of times and have been pleased with how clean the rooms were then. Not sure if we will stay here again next time. Very disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cashiers, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I still can't thank the people at the quality inn enough for helping me back in Aug when I had problems crossing over to Canada. The employees were really generous in helping me get all my important paperwork faxed over, etc. Without the help and kindness from the people, I wouldn't have made it over without them. Thank you so much.

Also! I totally enjoyed my stay there. :) It was fantastic. If anyone ever ends up in my situation, I highly recommend staying at this hotel over the Sumas ones. Clean room, cozy bed, clean sheets, clean room, clean bathroom with wonderful water pressure (lol)! Oh, and there's internet! What more could you ask for? Book at this place! You won't regret it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights over an extended weekend. The location is excellent if you are in town for shopping, which we were. Walmart is just up the road, Fred Meyer is a short drive away, and Bellis Fair also very close. There was plenty of restaurants to choose from within walking distance, including an Olive Garden virtually in the same parking lot.

We were very pleased with all the staff we spoke with, they were all very friendly and accommodating. We needed extra pillows (more on that in a moment) and they provided them very quickly. Our microwave wasn't working, and maintenance was up in the room checking it out within a few minutes. It was replaced within a couple of hours. The cleaning staff was very good and extremely efficient!

Breakfast was also very good, my husband was happy he could have biscuits and gravy and a waffle every morning! But, there was lots to choose from for the health-conscious as well, such as oatmeal, hard-cooked eggs, fruit, yogurt, and fat-free milk.

The room we had was a king suite, which had a living area (table, couch, TV) with a kitchenette and the bathroom in the centre leading to the bedroom area. This is a great set-up. The bed, unfortunately, was extremely hard and somewhat lumpy. The fixtures and furniture have seen much better days, there was not a single thing that wasn't covered in scuffs, scratches, or stains. The pillows were small and too squishy, but that was remedied by asking for more of them. The bathroom was adequate, with good water pressure and plenty of linens.

Aside from any cosmetic issues, the room was good. Overall, our stay was great and we will certainly stay here on our next trip to Bellingham.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here a few days ago and chose the hotel because of the reviews. I guess you don't know who actually is writing these reviews because we found the hotel old, smelly and too many things wrong. The positive was the girl at the desk Monday night, who was very friendly. It all went down hill from there. We had trouble getting our keys to work, both phones in the room were broken and the lines dead. The heater was very loud. The fan was broken in the bathroom. The shower barely trickled and you had to keep plug in tub or it wouldn't come on at all. We could here people talking in their rooms plus the room next door had a snorer and it was so loud you would have thought it was in the same room. The pillows were very small and totally lumpy and the small fridge froze our cheese and drinks. We did however enjoy the crisp white sheets.
The maintenance guy never showed up and the gal on the desk the next morning was very unfriendly and knew nothing about Bellingham, her words "I don't venture very far", not sure why she is in the hotel or tourism industry? The breakfast in the morning had nothing healthy at all and the coffee was really watered down.
We paid $114 a night through an Expedia discount but this hotel was not worth the money.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Scotrish,

We apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please rest assured that this is not indicative of our hotel and how we operate. We would like an opportunity to earn your business back and show you how great an experience we can provide. Please contact me directly so I may make special accommodations for your future stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Leah Rhoads
Castro Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was clean and well run, with helpful employees. Good location - close to Bellingham International Airport (3.5 miles), and within walking distance to mall, movie theater, Barnes & Noble and good restaurants. Easy freeway access yet far enough that it was quiet at night - no freeway noise. Complementary breakfast had good variety of meal choices. Outdoor pool & hot tub were closed - perhaps winter months? We stayed in October.

Would definitely recommend for couples, family, or business travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah R, Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us at our hotel, and for a great review! Yes, we have a swimming pool opened from spring to the end of the summer and our hot tub is opened year round. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Bellingham, and we look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!