“Great place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay. Desk clerk told me there were remodeling rooms that would have 2 King beds but none were finished yet! So we had 2 queens, but from reviews I see they had such rooms. Not pleased that I was not told the truth. We are Choice Members and use them quite frequently. As far as the hotel is concerned we were very pleased. Good location, nice rooms and good breakfast selections.

• Stayed April 2013
Cecilia J, Hospitality Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Wonderlust1017, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that we have a ideal location for the best shopping in Bellingham; clean rooms with lots of space; and a wonderful expanded continental breakfast!
We have very recently added the rooms with 2 king sized beds to our inventory. I sincerely apologize that the front desk agent you checked in with was not aware of this. However, as a result of your review I have personally followed up with all of our agents to ensure they know all about our new room types.
Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Bellingham!

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having stayed here in 2011 my wife and I were happy to rebook for a recent two night stay. Unfortunately we had an exterior room (accessed from out sided the building, third floor) this time and it did not provide a comfortable night's sleep. The room vibrated whenever anyone in the adjoining rooms (not just the units on either side) closed their doors or walked down the exterior hallway. The noise from neighboring units was unacceptable, even at normal talking levels. The noise from the heater (it was a cold weekend) was so loud I used earplugs. The sound of toilets flushing in nearby rooms woke us up. And wind and cold whistling through the improperly sealed door jamb was occasionally very noticeable. In addition the room had a strong dank and musty odor. We were so tired from a long day travelling that we decided on not changing rooms, but we should have as I only got a couple hours sleep due to the noise (even with earplugs in). We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are better than exterior.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alec P, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am sincerely sorry that your stay was anything less than great. Your input is extremely important to us. If you have a chance, I would like to speak with you regarding your stay so that we can determine the specifics of the issue and work to resolve it. Your time is greatly appreciated and I look forward to the chance to earn your future business.

Have a great day!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel and rooms are in need of maintenance. It felt shabby and depressing.

The Customer Service was also awful. In the breakfast area, the table we sat at was wobbly, and my coffee ended up tipping over onto me. We brought it to the attention of staff, and they instructed us to "just throw some paper napkins under the short leg". I bought some cheese (in a plastic container) and canned fish (both unopened!) and accidentally left them in the suite fridge when we departed. We phoned the hotel shortly after checking out to tell them so, and let them know we'd be heading back to get them, and were told that their policy was to throw anything left by a guest into the garbage. I was upset with myself for forgetting unopened expensive food but I could have felt better if the hotel had given the food to the food bank who so desperately need help. It appears if you forget anything it is no longer yours and you have no chance of recovery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayla, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that you were unsatisfied with your room. We keep our Front Desk staffed 24 hours so at any time you are welcome to contact us with inquiries or concerns. If we had been alerted to your room condition we would have been more than happy to switch room locations or provide a complimentary upgrade. I would also like to extend my personal apology regarding your experience during breakfast. I assure you this certainly is not the standard here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites and I have brought this incident to the attention of our staff and management.

We keep all personal items left at checkout secured in our Lost and Found department for a minimum of 60 days before donating the items. Per Choice Hotels, our housekeeping staff is trained to discard any food items left in guest rooms. I apologize that your room was serviced before we received a call regarding the food items or we would certainly have held them for you, as we have done with several guests in the past.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. Our staff strives to make each stay exceptional so I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please let me know when you will be back in Bellingham as I would love the opportunity to make your next stay great!
Salmon Arm, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed twice at this hotel and I LOVE that they triple sheet! Unfortunately both times I have stayed I have been in the motel part and it has been cold each time. Its close to shops and comes with breakfast. It is not fancy though i don't think that is the client base it serves. Overall it is a good deal!!

• Stayed March 2013
Cecilia J, Hospitality Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
KristinaB, thank you for taking the time to review the Quality Inn Grand Suites. We recently switched to the triple sheets, so I am very glad to hear that you appreciate it!
I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your room location. May I suggest, when booking next time to consider one of our King Whirlpool Suites, King Efficiency Suites, or rooms with 2 beds (these room types are located in the main building whereas Standard King Suites all have outside entrances). And if you call the hotel directly, our front desk representatives will be happy to assist you with your reservation to ensure that we have your room assigned to your preferences.
Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you next time you are in the Bellingham area!
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent the night on Easter weekend, with a last minute reservation. Check in was straightforward, and we received a discount for quoting our AAA membership. Furniture was scuffed up from lots of use, but mattresses were very firm and pillows were soft. Complimentary breakfast was high carb, although whole oranges and apples were available. I would have preferred that the facility not use Styrofoam cups.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Qamom, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you during your last minute visit to Bellingham! We have a great staff here that goes above and beyond each day to provide the best service possible.
Thank you very much for your suggestion regarding our cups as well—it is certainly something that we will give consideration to.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Girls weekend from Canada. We chose this hotel because there were 4 of us. We had an excellent sleep with the 2 new king beds in 1 room. There was also a kitchenette which we didn't use, but was extra handy to have the additional sink.
We paid $124./nite & that included the typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1951Chevy, thank you very much for your kind words. I’m glad that you and your party were able to take advantage of our new 2 king suites. We actually just finished upgrading several of our rooms to 2 beds in order to provide better accommodations for groups traveling together!
Thank you for staying with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suite, we hope to see you during your next girls weekend!
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. Beautifully clean and large rooms with wonderful outdoor pool for the summer, In an ideal location (off main highways so very quiet), friendly staff (eager to give directions, recommendations etc to places like Trader Joe's, restaurants, ...) and close to everything.

Usually a "continental" breakfast is just that..muffins, danish, fruit...just what you'd expect on the "continent" (reference to Europe) but this hotel has a wonderful breakfast - eggs, sausage & gravy, fresh waffles, toast, all kinds of pastries, fruit, cereal, etc.

We will definitely stay in this hotel again. I would advise that people book with CHOICE because the prices are the same as through a third party and you can be assured of the type of room you want.

Room Tip: Book through CHOICE website.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It has been a delight reading your review, Realist99! I agree that we have a wonderful locaton, and I am very glad to hear that it has been ideal for your needs. I am also pleased that you are impressed with our clean and spacious rooms, expanded continental breakfast, and excellent staff.
Thank you again for your wonderful review. I am happy that you will be staying with us again when visiting Bellingham and I hope to see you then!

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!