“Nice stay great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Nice stay great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed a Friday night with friends and children. Rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable. Not warm enough to use the pool but it is nicely situated in a courtyard that our room overlooked. Stayed on 3rd floor and had no noise issues. This would be a great place to bring a youth team as it felt safe and you could watch the kids from your room in the pool. The free breakfast was average but good.
The front staff was awesome and helpful in every way.
Carpet has some minor stains but not disgusting or disturbing.
Plan on staying here next time we are up.

Room Tip: If you want the best you have to call the front desk and get the Presidential suite, not advertised...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others thru your review of our property. The Quality Staff and I look forward to serving you again sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you want sleep you are in the wrong place. if you want to slam doors all night this place is for you. The walls are paper thin. The extra loud air condition unit turns on and off all night. The beds are old and swayed to the center and the pillows are lummpy. Probably the worst night sleep I have had in years. Did I say sleep I am sorry I didn't get any sleep... Do your self a favor, dont be fooled by the pictures, stay some place else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Quality M, Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am sorry to hear you did not have a postive experience at Quality Inn Grand Suites. Management takes all complaints/feeback very seriously and work hard to ensure Guest Satisfaction.
In this case, knowing what room you stayed in would have been helpful. It's hard for us to address a problem when we do not have specifics.
We are staffed 24 hours, so at any point, guests can contact the desk for assistance with any noise concerns or room issues.
We would have been happy to move you to another room, or upgrade you free of charge.
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've been travelling for two weeks already and of all the hotels we've checked in, this hotel has the best accomodation we've ever had and we stayed for 3 days and 3 nights. Hotel staffs are very courteous and very helpful especially the lady who prepares their client's breakfast (sorry i forgot to ask the name!). Overall comment.., EXCELLENT AND VERY SATISFIED!!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We thought we were out of luck when all the websites said there weren't any rooms available in Bellingham, but I gave them a call and we lucked out! Beautiful, spacious room! It felt like we had the honeymoon suite! King size bed, 2 person jacuzzi, pull-out sofa! Highly recommend this hotel! Will stay here again! Thanks Quality Inn!

• Stayed August 2012
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are so happy you stumbled upon our hotel!! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!!! The Jacuzzi's Suites are our most popular in the hotel. We hope you come back soon.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Room was above average, beds were comfortable. For being at 100% capacity the place was relatively quiet most of our stay. My only complaint is that housekeeping could pay a little more attention to details.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Any specific feedback we can get is extremely helpful. As a hotel, we really want to aim for 100% guest satisfaction in all areas.
We hope you stay with us again soon!!! And again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Im writing this review as I lay in bed at this hotel. The room absolutely STINKS of dog! If this room is rented to people with dogs please do NOT put people without dogs in it. We asked for another room but supposedly they are full. Strange, because for how many rooms they have the parking lot is hardly full. The front desk did use a machine to help lessen the smell but within the hour the smell came back. The floor was also not vacuumed and the carpet full, I mean full of stains (probably from the dogs). I really want to leave but it's late and with an exhausted child it's not an option. My feet feel like they have a coating on them from the previous dogs. I've felt that same coating on my feet in the past when visiting the homes of dog owners. What a terrible way to end a vacation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very sorry you had a negative experience at Quality Inn. I agree with you in the fact that a person traveling without a pet should not be put in a pet room (esp if they are prone to allergies) We try to allow for those with pets to travel but by no means does everyone want that experience.
We are in our peak season which means it's hard to put rooms out of order for them to be deep cleaned (shampoo carpets) but in reviewing your message, it seems having a room out of order to ensure the best quality room is a good idea!!! Guest satisfaction is more important than revenue.

If you are willing to stay here again, we will be sure to put you in a non-pet room at a great discounted rate.
Our apologies to you.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night following running in the Ragnar Relay. I arrived at the hotel rather late, nearly midnight and was able to check in relatively quickly. The man at the desk was efficient and had me on my way in only a few minutes.

After being up for nearly 48 hours, I probably could've slept on just about anything, but the bed in the room was actually really comfortable, which was definitely nice after being awake so long and as sore as I was. The room was also very clean, as was the bathroom.

The room I had overlooked the pool area. This proved to be a bit noisy come morning, even with the window closed, however, overnight, the pool was closed so there were no noise issues while I was trying to sleep. The AC in the room was very powerful and, in fact, had to be turned up when I arrived in the room because it was so cold.

The hotel offered a simple, but adequate, breakfast in the morning, including waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. Just to the side of the breakfast area was a guest computer, as well. In addition, I noticed a gym near the ice machine on the 3rd floor (near the elevator), although I didn't use it and didn't see what equipment was in it.

In addition, when I checked in, I inquired about the shuttle to the airport, as I had a flight leaving out of Bellingham at noon. The man at the desk set-up the shuttle (which I was told could leave at any time I needed). In the morning, I inquired about the shuttle and was informed that it was actually a taxi, however, the hotel paid for the trip. I'm not sure if this is standard practice, it seemed a bit unusual, but considering it didn't cost me anything, it didn't really matter to me how I got to the airport!

About the only negative thing about the hotel was the shower. After two days of running, I was long overdue for a hot shower. Unfortunately, the temperature of the water was inconsistent and would change from hot to cold without touching the knob. Then it would turn hot again. It would do this over and over, so I finally gave up on getting a really nice shower.

I would most likely stay at the hotel again, despite the issue with the shower. The hotel was convenient to the airport and provided my with good service. If the issue with the shower persisted in additional stays, I may change my mind, but for now, that's not enough to turn me away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of the Quality Inn Grand Suites. Sorry for the confusion about our shuttle. Unfortunately our shuttle is not available 24 hours a day; for the hours our shuttle is unavailable we provide a taxi service free of charge for our guests. Thank you for deciding to stay with us we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!