“Honeymoon in Bellingham!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
BC
“Honeymoon in Bellingham!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We thought we were out of luck when all the websites said there weren't any rooms available in Bellingham, but I gave them a call and we lucked out! Beautiful, spacious room! It felt like we had the honeymoon suite! King size bed, 2 person jacuzzi, pull-out sofa! Highly recommend this hotel! Will stay here again! Thanks Quality Inn!

• Stayed August 2012
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are so happy you stumbled upon our hotel!! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!!! The Jacuzzi's Suites are our most popular in the hotel. We hope you come back soon.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Room was above average, beds were comfortable. For being at 100% capacity the place was relatively quiet most of our stay. My only complaint is that housekeeping could pay a little more attention to details.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Any specific feedback we can get is extremely helpful. As a hotel, we really want to aim for 100% guest satisfaction in all areas.
We hope you stay with us again soon!!! And again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Im writing this review as I lay in bed at this hotel. The room absolutely STINKS of dog! If this room is rented to people with dogs please do NOT put people without dogs in it. We asked for another room but supposedly they are full. Strange, because for how many rooms they have the parking lot is hardly full. The front desk did use a machine to help lessen the smell but within the hour the smell came back. The floor was also not vacuumed and the carpet full, I mean full of stains (probably from the dogs). I really want to leave but it's late and with an exhausted child it's not an option. My feet feel like they have a coating on them from the previous dogs. I've felt that same coating on my feet in the past when visiting the homes of dog owners. What a terrible way to end a vacation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very sorry you had a negative experience at Quality Inn. I agree with you in the fact that a person traveling without a pet should not be put in a pet room (esp if they are prone to allergies) We try to allow for those with pets to travel but by no means does everyone want that experience.
We are in our peak season which means it's hard to put rooms out of order for them to be deep cleaned (shampoo carpets) but in reviewing your message, it seems having a room out of order to ensure the best quality room is a good idea!!! Guest satisfaction is more important than revenue.

If you are willing to stay here again, we will be sure to put you in a non-pet room at a great discounted rate.
Our apologies to you.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night following running in the Ragnar Relay. I arrived at the hotel rather late, nearly midnight and was able to check in relatively quickly. The man at the desk was efficient and had me on my way in only a few minutes.

After being up for nearly 48 hours, I probably could've slept on just about anything, but the bed in the room was actually really comfortable, which was definitely nice after being awake so long and as sore as I was. The room was also very clean, as was the bathroom.

The room I had overlooked the pool area. This proved to be a bit noisy come morning, even with the window closed, however, overnight, the pool was closed so there were no noise issues while I was trying to sleep. The AC in the room was very powerful and, in fact, had to be turned up when I arrived in the room because it was so cold.

The hotel offered a simple, but adequate, breakfast in the morning, including waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. Just to the side of the breakfast area was a guest computer, as well. In addition, I noticed a gym near the ice machine on the 3rd floor (near the elevator), although I didn't use it and didn't see what equipment was in it.

In addition, when I checked in, I inquired about the shuttle to the airport, as I had a flight leaving out of Bellingham at noon. The man at the desk set-up the shuttle (which I was told could leave at any time I needed). In the morning, I inquired about the shuttle and was informed that it was actually a taxi, however, the hotel paid for the trip. I'm not sure if this is standard practice, it seemed a bit unusual, but considering it didn't cost me anything, it didn't really matter to me how I got to the airport!

About the only negative thing about the hotel was the shower. After two days of running, I was long overdue for a hot shower. Unfortunately, the temperature of the water was inconsistent and would change from hot to cold without touching the knob. Then it would turn hot again. It would do this over and over, so I finally gave up on getting a really nice shower.

I would most likely stay at the hotel again, despite the issue with the shower. The hotel was convenient to the airport and provided my with good service. If the issue with the shower persisted in additional stays, I may change my mind, but for now, that's not enough to turn me away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of the Quality Inn Grand Suites. Sorry for the confusion about our shuttle. Unfortunately our shuttle is not available 24 hours a day; for the hours our shuttle is unavailable we provide a taxi service free of charge for our guests. Thank you for deciding to stay with us we hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Quality Inn for first time. Was surprised by the room size which was very generous in comparison to some rooms. Room was okay for cleanliness. I would suggest getting some sort of solvent to remove whatever has been applied to bathroom floor tiles as it looks very dirty even though it was not. Air conditioning had a not great smell, filter/system could use a refreshening. All in all we got what we paid for.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for deciding to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites. We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. The Staff here at the Quality will continue to strive for the kind of service one would expect from the brand. We appreciate your valued input and hope to be able to serve you again.
Sunshine Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very easy to find and conveniently located hotel. The room was nice and clean. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine and it was nice to have tea/coffee available 24 hours. We stayed in a room with a double and a single bed - the double was fine, no complaints but the single had a sagging bedframe and was much too soft for anyone larger than a small child. For that reason I would give an average rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
The Quality Staff always appreciates guests taking the time to share their experience here at the hotel with others. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the other amenities of the hotel. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Small rooms, cheap towels, dirty lobby. Not an all suite like I have stayed at before. I was there for 3 nights for a in town family event. The lobby tile floors were never cleaned. There were even bicycle tire marks all through it. A/C was weak. Breakfast, was just OK, area was dirty everyday. Pool and Spa would close at 10 pm. Even on the weekend. Not much fun. Next time I will stay downtown. At $120 a night, not the best deal.

Room Tip: Not sure there was one. But ask.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel despite your negative experience. We apologize for having to shut down the pool at 10:00p.m. It is a Washigton State Law that "any loud noise that occurs between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. could be considered noise pollution unless your local ordinance sets different standards" We are requred, by law, to honor this.

The white lobby tile floors are brand new which means we were under construction during your stay with us. With that said, we are in the process of figuring out the best way to keep them bright. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will need to stay on-top of that.
Overall, we are sorry you did not have a wonderful experience. We love suggestions as to how we can improve!!! Your feedback allows us to make the tweaks necessary to make loyal & happy guests out of each person that stays with us.