“Didn't stay long, but what I saw seemed good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Grand Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Grand Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn Grand Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Kellogg Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226 (Formerly Quality Inn Baron Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Didn't stay long, but what I saw seemed good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night following running in the Ragnar Relay. I arrived at the hotel rather late, nearly midnight and was able to check in relatively quickly. The man at the desk was efficient and had me on my way in only a few minutes.

After being up for nearly 48 hours, I probably could've slept on just about anything, but the bed in the room was actually really comfortable, which was definitely nice after being awake so long and as sore as I was. The room was also very clean, as was the bathroom.

The room I had overlooked the pool area. This proved to be a bit noisy come morning, even with the window closed, however, overnight, the pool was closed so there were no noise issues while I was trying to sleep. The AC in the room was very powerful and, in fact, had to be turned up when I arrived in the room because it was so cold.

The hotel offered a simple, but adequate, breakfast in the morning, including waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. Just to the side of the breakfast area was a guest computer, as well. In addition, I noticed a gym near the ice machine on the 3rd floor (near the elevator), although I didn't use it and didn't see what equipment was in it.

In addition, when I checked in, I inquired about the shuttle to the airport, as I had a flight leaving out of Bellingham at noon. The man at the desk set-up the shuttle (which I was told could leave at any time I needed). In the morning, I inquired about the shuttle and was informed that it was actually a taxi, however, the hotel paid for the trip. I'm not sure if this is standard practice, it seemed a bit unusual, but considering it didn't cost me anything, it didn't really matter to me how I got to the airport!

About the only negative thing about the hotel was the shower. After two days of running, I was long overdue for a hot shower. Unfortunately, the temperature of the water was inconsistent and would change from hot to cold without touching the knob. Then it would turn hot again. It would do this over and over, so I finally gave up on getting a really nice shower.

I would most likely stay at the hotel again, despite the issue with the shower. The hotel was convenient to the airport and provided my with good service. If the issue with the shower persisted in additional stays, I may change my mind, but for now, that's not enough to turn me away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of the Quality Inn Grand Suites. Sorry for the confusion about our shuttle. Unfortunately our shuttle is not available 24 hours a day; for the hours our shuttle is unavailable we provide a taxi service free of charge for our guests. Thank you for deciding to stay with us we hope to see you again soon!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Quality Inn for first time. Was surprised by the room size which was very generous in comparison to some rooms. Room was okay for cleanliness. I would suggest getting some sort of solvent to remove whatever has been applied to bathroom floor tiles as it looks very dirty even though it was not. Air conditioning had a not great smell, filter/system could use a refreshening. All in all we got what we paid for.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for deciding to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Grand Suites. We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. The Staff here at the Quality will continue to strive for the kind of service one would expect from the brand. We appreciate your valued input and hope to be able to serve you again.
Sunshine Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very easy to find and conveniently located hotel. The room was nice and clean. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine and it was nice to have tea/coffee available 24 hours. We stayed in a room with a double and a single bed - the double was fine, no complaints but the single had a sagging bedframe and was much too soft for anyone larger than a small child. For that reason I would give an average rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
The Quality Staff always appreciates guests taking the time to share their experience here at the hotel with others. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the other amenities of the hotel. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Small rooms, cheap towels, dirty lobby. Not an all suite like I have stayed at before. I was there for 3 nights for a in town family event. The lobby tile floors were never cleaned. There were even bicycle tire marks all through it. A/C was weak. Breakfast, was just OK, area was dirty everyday. Pool and Spa would close at 10 pm. Even on the weekend. Not much fun. Next time I will stay downtown. At $120 a night, not the best deal.

Room Tip: Not sure there was one. But ask.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel despite your negative experience. We apologize for having to shut down the pool at 10:00p.m. It is a Washigton State Law that "any loud noise that occurs between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. could be considered noise pollution unless your local ordinance sets different standards" We are requred, by law, to honor this.

The white lobby tile floors are brand new which means we were under construction during your stay with us. With that said, we are in the process of figuring out the best way to keep them bright. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will need to stay on-top of that.
Overall, we are sorry you did not have a wonderful experience. We love suggestions as to how we can improve!!! Your feedback allows us to make the tweaks necessary to make loyal & happy guests out of each person that stays with us.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here one night for a personal retreat.

Pros: Clean room and a comfortable king size bed. The layout of the suite is nice - the door opens into a front room with a flat screen TV, with a couch, small table and 2 chairs. A short hallway that connects to the bedroom includes a wet bar / fridge / microwave and the bathroom opposite. Also a flat screen TV in the bedroom. Hot breakfast is included, with make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, and the usual continental stuff (although not on piece of fruit!)

Cons: The room interior was pretty shabby. The end table leg was loose, the top of the mirror in the bathroom was shielded by another strip of mirror to hide the chips in it, several bad drywall patch jobs in the wall that were obvious, shower / tub with excess sealant that was browning with age in one corner. No fruit at breakfast. I couldn't get through to the front desk in the morning from my room phone - when I used my cell to call the main number to ask if I needed to stop by there to check out, the staff member answering sounded bothered and was a little short with me.

In summary, it suited my needs but was just an OK experience. I might try somewhere else if the price was comparable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you found parts of your stay enjoyable.
Ww do offer fresh fruit daily and am deeply sorry there was none available to you. We will be sure to keep the breakfast bar stocked at all times. I understand the desire for that item at breakfast.

Your feedback is important to us as we can't improve upon our service/room care without it.
It is always nice to know where we can improve upon our exisiting service. It's important your able to reach the front desk staff at all times and we will be sure to address this matter too.

Have a great summer and hope we will see you back!!!
Luzerne, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice hotel with good furniture and bedding...I was traveling with my 72 year old grandfather who must sleep upright...I called and requested a room with a recliner, and it was exactly it was supposed to be...Very clean and modern...Would stay here again....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Its always nice to hear when we have met the expectations of our guests. We hope you will come back to see us again soon!!!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I hadn't planned on staying in Bellingham overnight until quite late on a Friday, and was relieved not only to find vacancy at the Quality Inn Grand Suites, but also to find that unlike other budget hotels I had stayed at over the years, actually was clean, well managed, and had good breakfast and coffee to boot!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Quality M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Wow!!! What a great note to receive after a busy holiday weekend. Thank you for the kind words regarding our property, management and breakfast!!! Your feedback is essential to our success. Hope to see you back!!!!

Been to Quality Inn Grand Suites? Share your experiences!