“Unbelievable park & fly service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Hope, Canada
“Unbelievable park & fly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Chose this hotel for it's "park & fly" package. What a joke. Going to the airport was no problem but trying to get back to the hotel was impossible. We were left out in the cold waiting for their taxi service to pick us up for over a half hour. Then we gave in and got our own cab back. The desk clerk did apologize and reimbursed us the cab fare and promised that the manager would contact us. Never happened. He either needs a couple of courses in customer relations or to be fired. If you aren't using this "special package" then the place was quite acceptable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Val P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I am so sorry to hear that you experienced such an inconvenience. I also apologize for my delay in responding to this incident, I ask for your kind understanding for my mistake, I will use this event to better our service and my own commitment to our hotel.

I'd like to offer you some compensation for this matter, please give me an email @ valpark20@gmail.com, I will be contacting you personally over this incident.

Thank you for choosing Rodeway, we'd love to get another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and convenient stay!

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you read my 11/25/12 review I finally was able to find out what happened but the Rodeway people did not care to hear it and it was too late to "win" the battle with my credit card company.

A short summary of how this hotel takes advantage of group reservations is that when some of the members of the group come in, they check those people into available rooms OUTSIDE of the group reservation then later charge your credit card for these same "no shows" on your group reservation. I met with our team and they all gave me proof of payment for staying at the hotel but those 3 parties were NOT listed as staying with our group thus I was charged again for these people as "no shows".

If you are a group coordinator, make sure each of your party checks with you that they have checked in and cross-check that with the hotel staff before leaving or else you will get your card charged for "no shows". They were able to make a bunch of money off of our team with this scam. I will be reporting this to the BBB and Attorney General for the State of Washington now that I know how the scam is run.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
As per your last review, this reservation was handled by the Group Reservation Contract. It is disheartening to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience but please know that providing you an unpleasant experience was certainly not intended. For future reference please ensure that all members of your group let the front desk staff know which reservation they are with to ensure they are not counted as a “no show” and that all communications are clear between your entire group and our staff.
Bellingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent the night prior to leaving to Vegas the next day. The room was clean, no problems there. However the room did not seem to have any soundproofing. The stairs was located right next to the room and that is all we heard all night was people going up and down. So not very restful at all. The one thing that was good was being able to park our vehicle there for the duration of our Vegas trip and it was quite reasonable too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us through this review. Hearing your insightful feedback means a lot to us, for it greatly helps us in correcting the things that we may have overlooked. We certainly make it a point to keep the rooms clean at all times and hearing that you took notice of it is indeed heart-warming. We however apologize if your night was not a restful one because of the foot traffic, should you wish to stay with us again we would be happy to assign you a quieter room location upon request. We hope that we could be of service to you and your family again very soon.
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked this motel due to the closeness it provides us to Birch Bay Waterslide Park and also because of the "INDOOR HEATED POOL" As advertised on the "CHOICEHOTELS.COM" Book the motel, Drove over 4 1/2 hrs to get to this destination. Go to check in, stood at the frontdesk for more than 5 minutes and the desk clerk behind the counter never once acknowledge our presence, Finally he started checking in our rooms, had 2 rooms booked under the same name, rooms where no where near eachother, couldn't be moved as they "had no rooms available" Asked about payment for both rooms, stated i was paying for both rooms on my card in full for the duration of our stay, was than informed of the "$100.00 charge" that will be credited back after we check out, we were not told at the time of our reservation that this was a policy, Having that charge put a strain on us being able to do food, and other activities. Asked the hours of the pool, was told it was a spa, that this motel does not have a indoor pool, and when i questioned it being on the website, i was very rudely informed by the frontdesk staff on shift that it does not say that, that it indeed says spa. On Choicehotels.com it does say indoor pool. Check into the room, into a room that is suppose to have 2 queen beds, and my 11 year niece can lay across the bed and have her head and legs lay off atleast 4 inches both ways. I don't see how 2 people can sleep in this bed and not meet the floor. The bed closet to the wall the wooden trim at bottom of the wall has nails sticking out. Needless to say i would never recommend this motel to anyone. I'm very very disappointed my stay here and infact ended up checking out a day early. If it wasn't such a long drive back home i would've immediately checked out that night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
This only shows how important it is to hear our customer’s feedback for us to further improve our services. We would like to thank you for making the effort to bring this to our attention, and we are deeply sorry for we fell below your expectations. Our hotel strives hard to maintain a good level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. It saddens us to know that the staff failed to meet the services you required and that the room condition was not of your liking during the time of visit, please know that this occurrence will be subject for meticulous evaluation so that we may be able to plan probable amendments to prevent such incident in the future. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to correct and address the issues you raised in the best possible way. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
Maple Ridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We checked in August 14th and was told the room was $124.99 plus tax. We thought it was a little high for a budget hotel but it was late and we needed the room.
I went out to our car to get the bags and noticed they have a small neon sign on the hotel. It was flashing a price of $69.99 and the phone number. I went back to the desk and asked why we paid $55 more than what the sign says and was told they were filling up and as they do they raise the price. What a joke !!! I'm sure if I had seen the sign before I had paid the room would have been $69.99. I will never stay there again.
I spoke to another couple that checked in later than us and paid $101.99

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We sincerely aim to always make the stay of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible, which is why it troubles us to hear that we have failed to give you that experience. We wish to let you know that we are indeed very sorry for the inconvenience the entire experience has brought you. It saddens us to know that the rate given did not give you the best value for your money. Please know that your voice means a lot to us, and we seriously take all your feedback and evaluate the points we need to do to correct and improve in the delivery of our services. Rest assured that the opportunity you have given us will not go to waste and we will certainly act on such matters to better serve our valued guests. We hope that you reconsider and visit us again next time.
Somewhere In Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our 2-night stay at the Rodeway Inn. The first night we found the queen bed too small. No problem for the customer-service-oriented staff. We were upgraded to a king room at no extra charge, and our bags were moved for us. Breakfast, though basic, was good. Charming, friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
To hear that we have served our valued customer well is indeed heart-warming. Thank you for staying with us, and sharing your wonderful experience to us. It brings us great joy that we have successfully shown you how dedicated we are into serving you. Your excellent feedback regarding our reliable staff as well as the comfort you felt with the entire experience in total is indeed inspiring. Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn experience, we couldn’t wait to be of service to you again real soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is one of the least expensive hotels in Bellingham, but you get what you pay for. I was assigned a non smoking room on the third floor. However, as soon as you exit the elevator, the smell of smoke is pervasive. All of the rooms on the third floor are non smoking, so I believe the age of the hotel and its lack of a modern HVAC system allows the smoke to permeate up from the smoking rooms.
Also, the walls are paper thin. I could hear someone's television all night long. I did not know which guest room it was coming from, so I really couldn't complain to the front desk without identifying the culprit. My solution was to turn on the air con fan to high, and sleep with a pillow over my head.
The breakfast is all carbohydrates, but then it is typical of this price level. I will not stay here again. The new La Quinta should be open soon, and that is where I will stay on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the candid comments you share to us, for it gives us an opportunity to correct our shortcomings. It is indeed troubling to hear that you had an uncomfortable experience due to the unpleasant smell; rest assured that such occurrence will be addressed and closely monitored so that it does not happen again. We apologize if your stay with us was deemed unacceptable. Rest assured that we will try harder to improve and excel with the delivery of our services so that we may provide our guests with a far better experience. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to change your perception in the future.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!