“Do the math!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bellingham

You added Days Inn Bellingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Ramada Inn Bellingham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Santa Fe
“Do the math!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Sometimes I go cheap, sometimes not but I never try to hold the lower price motels (Day's Inn, Motel 6, Travelodge, etc.) to the standards of the pricier motels (Holiday Inn, Marriott, etc.). However, when I pay about 1/3rd more ($90. opposed to $60), I expect a little more. All I got at the Day's Inn compared to a Motel 6 was a slightly larger towel and a ho-hum breakfast. Now, service was fine, motel was a little old but things worked and it was clean but was it worth a 1/3rd more than the Motel 6 down the street. I don't believe so.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nav996, General Manager at Days Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
To Robert T,

Thank you for taking time out to write us a review. The rates do vary from season to season for us. During the summer our rates tend to go a little higher and we try to base our rates off what our competition is doing. We do not try to compete with the Motel 6 as we believe we offer a much better product and better service. We hope to see you next time you are in town.

Nav Narwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roberts Creek, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I selected this hotel based on two things...rate and reviews. The reviews from the other online website were great. To my surprise I found out that this hotel was located in "crackhead alley". I was travelling with preteens and was concerned. The area was not as bad as I was told but the hotel is really old. I would not let the preteens walk around the neighberhood or go to the pool alone. The hotel is outdated and is in desparte need of improvements. Hotel was clean for a really old hotel. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I would not recommend this hotel for a family but it was full of 60+ yr old people so it couldn't be too bad. Even the price I paid I think I was over charged for the condition of the hotel. There is still the old radio alarm clocks but did have nice big flat screen tv. I know I keep going on about the condition and the age of the hotel because I was really surprised and I don't want anyone else being disappointed like I was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

A pretty good deal but it was in the process of updating when I went. Much of it is still outdated, but the breakfast is good and the staff are friendly. I'd say its a good place to stay of you don't want to spend too much.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I do not recommend this hotel. Im not a picky hotel goer - i usually ignore poor reviews as im usually pleasantly surprised - and especially if im staying one night... but here was a little nuts.

The shower was so old it looked dirty, the doors were filthy, it was in a dodgy area with lots of foot traffic from weird looking people in the parking lot and the inn across the street. Minimal parking in the lighted lot in the front but additional parking in the scary area behind the hotel. Do not stay on the ground floor... and keep in mind there is no elevator.

pros are the front desk girl was really sweet and the breakfast was okay (good yogurt)

• Stayed May 2014
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed there four days and on the whole was very pleased. They have become a no smoking motel and there was still a faint smoke odor when I first entered the room. Many rugs have been replaced and they will soon begin painting the rooms. In spite of the faint cigarette smell the room was very clean and housekeeping kept it up daily. Breakfast was good with cold hard boiled eggs and pancakes along will the other usual juice, breads, cereals and coffee. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. For the very reasonable price I thought it good value. Good bus service and close to downtown. Several restaurants nearby. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I only saw my room on the first floor - I liked it just fine.