“Nice place for a night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bellingham

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Bellingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Ramada Inn Bellingham)   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Bellingham

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Lakewood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were in town for an event and didn't want to spend a lot for a night's stay. After looking around we selected the Days Inn and it was a good choice. The place is maintained well and lots of restaurants nearby. We recently stayed at a Marriott courtyard and our room reminded me of that one. Friendly staff, breakfast in lobby, coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a very budget hotel, without question. You get what you pay for. In my case, it was about $70 for the night, so I knew what I was coming into based on that, and what folks have said previously on this site. The front desk staff really are the best part of this hotel. They are friendly and hospitable, very client-oriented. There is free breakfast (albeit a limited selection of items), but this was appreciated. There is also an in-room fridge and microwave, as well as free wifi and parking. The property is located just off I-5, along Samish Way, which is close to WWU and some dining options (McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, Taco Time). Also Shell, Chevron and '76 gas stations. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Outside of the front desk/breakfast area however, this property needs a serious investment in upgrades. It looks dated, rundown and shabby in many areas. I've stayed in hostels that had a nicer aesthetic. My room didn't look anything like the photos on the Days Inn website. The hotel is also very noisy. I was on the ground floor and could hear every squeaky step of the people coming down the stairs. There is minimal soundproofing between the rooms as well, so I could also hear conversations of the guests on either side of me. Luckily, I brought earplugs. The cleaning staff are also loud, banging their carts around very early on in the morning and speaking loudly as they cleaned. I also agree with the comments about the property being located in a sketchy neighbourhood - it is. There were vagrants wandering around the rear parking lot smoking at strange hours (and the lot is not well-lit at all, nor is it secured). I had forgotten something in my car and went outside at around 1am to retrieve it only to find a group of three men walking around looking inside people's car windows. They scattered as soon as they saw me. Strange and unnerving indeed. The bathroom wasn't stocked with any basic toiletries. I had to go to the front desk to get them. The showerhead was very nice, but the water pressure and temperature totally inconsistent. The tub needs to be re-caulked and the tiles re-grouted asap. Their current state is totally unacceptable for a hotel. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again, but would if no other options were available. The only real reason to go is for the price. It's cheap, but that in turn, is what you get.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to avoid the noise of the stairwells.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Nav996, General Manager at Days Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
To ShabbyChique,

Thank you for taking time out to write this review. We are working hard to improve the aesthetics of the property as we currently undergoing some remodeling. This will be complete soon. As a Chairman's Award winner for 3 years running, we want to provide a quality stay for our guests, while following Days Inn guidelines. The next time you are in Bellingham, we hope you give us another try and see our new look.

Nav Narwal

Been to Days Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!