“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bellingham

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Bellingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Ramada Inn Bellingham)   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Bellingham

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Yes it was cheap, yes the neighborhood was a bit sketchy, but the staff was great, the room was fine, and breakfast and coffee worked. We were on the third floor and it was pretty quiet - although no elevator so keep that in mind making your choice as to what floor. You get what you pay for. Although pillows left much to be desired.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nav996, General Manager at Days Inn Bellingham, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
To PhfamWA,

Thank you for taking the time out write us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you next time you come to Bellingham.

Nav Narwal
Williams Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We just needed something cheap and close to Bellingham Airport - truly - you get what you pay for! My first clue should have been when the front desk clerk used a crayon to shade my credit card for the incidentals. The carpet in the room turned our socks black, the full length mirror on the wall had lipstick kiss prints on it - as did the window overlooking the parking lot - along with what I could only assume was someone's greasy forhead smears (i hope)!
Shower had hair in the drain -- and a leftover razor! As we got in late - and were leaving very early - we just wanted to get in and get out only to have the front desk advise that my credit card was declined! Turns out - that the shading with the crayon could not be read and they input the card number wrong.......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night, first hotel/motel we came to as we arrived into Bellingham. Long day of travel. Asked to see room and it looked very clean. Took option for second floor, easy access from rear carpark. Good price, clean very comfy bed, usual scenario room updated and bathroom not! Very noisy plumbing indeed. Breakfast included and one of the better ones that we've experienced along the way. Actually we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go higher floor and to rear of building.
Kamloops
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel because we just wanted something inexpensive for one night on our way to another destination. Big mistake - it was the loudest hotel I have ever been to. We could hear other guests snoring through the walls, and the people staying above us were extremely loud until well after 3:30 in the morning. We also fell asleep (or tried to, anyway) to the sound of people having a screaming match and fistfight outside our window. This all came after having to switch rooms because the one we were given had not been cleaned properly (messy beds, garbage in the cans, used towel on the bathroom counter). We will definitely not stay here again. Lesson learned - pay a bit extra and stay someplace where we might actually get to sleep. And frankly, even at the "inexpensive" rate of $90, this was a total rip-off.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Upon arrival, I used the sink to brush my teeth and in addition to the difficulty in managing the force of water that came out of the faucet, the sink backed up immediately. We called front desk, she offered to move us to a room with a smaller bed, but we were exhausted and didn't want to move rooms, so my partner asked for a plunger to unstop sink. She brought it right away. Of course, the thought of where that plunger had been... Then I took a shower, the water didn't stay warm for long, the pressure was terrible, and then when I got out of the shower and settled in, the cops showed up and I had to hear their exchange with another hotel guest for about an hour. That is not the fault of the hotel, but the fact that I could hear every word of the exchange was one example of the complete lack of noise insulation. The noise did not end there. every single time someone left or entered their room on our floor, it slammed and shook my bed. And, the headboards were ill-mounted, so just leaning on my headboard made it bang, and so it wasn't a huge surprise when at 7 the next morning I was awakened by the people in the room next door banging the headboard (with earplugs in, no less). The WiFi didn't work, so I had to call front desk to have her reboot router, and that did fix it, but it was still slow.

I can deal with a lot when I travel if the room is cheap enough (which it wasn't), but I wouldn't stay here again if it was FREE.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!