“Inexpensive but nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bellingham

You added Days Inn Bellingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Ramada Inn Bellingham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Kamloops
“Inexpensive but nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend and it was good. The staff is friendly and helpful and although the hotel is a little old and in need of some touch ups, we were happy for the price we paid. We had a king size comfortable bed and a nice size fridge and were allowed to have our small dog with us for a small fee. It had a swimming pool which I had a dip in and was very busy with other giuests at times. Free wifi and a nice continental breakfast was also offered.
There are lots of eating places within walking distance and you are still just a short drive to all major amenities.
The Thai restaurant next door had a great lunch special one day, and there is a trailer just a little down the road that serves Mexican and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Very, very good. There is also a Haggens grocery store just down there road that carries a variety of items such as snacks or drinks to bring back to the room.

Room Tip: The front has balconies although I think it's likely quite noisy as a pretty busy street runs ri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Woodland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Second time I stayed here, but will be the last. About 10:00pm a noisy group stomped into the room above and kept stomping and talking loudly. Manager could not get quiet until 11:30. They started up again at 3:00am and woke me. Street was noisy too. Price was high also for the quality of amenities.

Room Tip: Try for top floor as floors above transmit every sound.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in late June 2012 as we didn't want to deal with the borders first thing in the morning.
The old addage "you get what you pay for" holds true with this property. It's truly a place to hang your hat, which is all we needed.

The cleanliness of the unit was good. Suspectable in the bathroom area, but I have been in far worse.

As for "jasonh_11" comment about old 'tube tvs' in the rooms, not true - Comcast digital with a 32" Vizio LED is what I am staring at while I type this.

The comfort of the king bed was good - no aches and pains in the morning.
Free WiFi and breafast in the morning only makes this a better bang for the buck.

For the most part not a bad stop over place. We would probably stay here again. I couldn't imagine having to stay here more than one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Arrived for Fathers day...hotel was busy..ramp 252.....Good parking, no elevator,stayed on ground floor..good sleep....Gas Station across the road one block away--great for cheap beer and wine/munchies...good shopping at Fred Meyers next ramp down 253...clean and adequate room.. very good continental brekky....$10 taxi fare (if you intend to imbibe) to funky Fairhaven village,,...Good pub The Archer downstairs-like an English pub-even has bangers and mash and English/Belgian ales on draught......Dirty Dan Harrises pub looks funky and a well heeled crowd-(next time!)...............You wont be disappointed at the Days Inn...remember its a 2 star..and thats what you get...I would stay there again...

Room Tip: No elevator...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Graham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is close to the college and does serve its purpose. Most of the staff at the front counter are college students, which are very nice. The rooms are let's just say adequate. The rooms are equipped with small refrigerators and old tube tvs. While on the subject of tv's... This is where the haunted part comes in to play. After a long day of working I just wanted to watch a little tv. I turn the tv on watch for about 10 minutes and then the tv turns off, no big deal so I turn it back on and watch tv till I'm ready for bed. About 2 am the tv turns on and wakes me up. I figure maybe somebody else's remote is controlling it. So with the tv back off and back to getting some more sleep, I am awakened again at 3 and 4 to the same thing. This goes on all week and at all different times. The girls at the counter said they do receive complaints about this, but don't know what to do about it. Moving on... The rest of the room is fine, nothing special. One complaint I do have is the shower. The shower head is at about chin level (I'm 6'1") I had to get on my knees (no joke) to wash my hair and shower off. You could always play contortionist and try bending backwards or bend over forward and have all the soap rinse all over your face? Just thought I'd bring it up. To finish up the Days Inn is adequate, breakfast is ok, parking is fine, location is close within a short walk/ drive to a lot of restaurants and stores which was nice. Staying there again next week, even with the ghosts.

• Stayed June 2012
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived around 8pm after leaving Friday Harbor earlier in the day. The person at the desk was helpful, giving recommendations for the Thai restaurant next door. The carpet in the hallway is in serious need of replacement and when we arrived at our room, we had a non-smoking room instead of the smoking one we had requested on hotels.com. The interior of the room was a pleasant surprise, with large flat screen TV, nice bed linens and towels and plenty of room for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Verify with the hotel if you have a special room request.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The location worked out great and the inn was very nice. We used this location as a hub on our trip between Vancouver BC and Seattle, and it worked out great.I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and clean, as well as lobby and other common areas. Something similar to what I would expect to see in a big chain hotel, at a much better value. Deluxe continental breakfast included… What really made my stay nice, was the staff. All were very friendly and helpful, both prior to arrival and during my stay. I was planning my trip from a far, and had many questions. They took the time on the phone to provide me with helpful info on area and local transportation long before I checked in. I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!