“Haunted? Or just glitchy?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bellingham

You added Days Inn Bellingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225 (Formerly Ramada Inn Bellingham)   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Bellingham
Graham, Washington
“Haunted? Or just glitchy?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is close to the college and does serve its purpose. Most of the staff at the front counter are college students, which are very nice. The rooms are let's just say adequate. The rooms are equipped with small refrigerators and old tube tvs. While on the subject of tv's... This is where the haunted part comes in to play. After a long day of working I just wanted to watch a little tv. I turn the tv on watch for about 10 minutes and then the tv turns off, no big deal so I turn it back on and watch tv till I'm ready for bed. About 2 am the tv turns on and wakes me up. I figure maybe somebody else's remote is controlling it. So with the tv back off and back to getting some more sleep, I am awakened again at 3 and 4 to the same thing. This goes on all week and at all different times. The girls at the counter said they do receive complaints about this, but don't know what to do about it. Moving on... The rest of the room is fine, nothing special. One complaint I do have is the shower. The shower head is at about chin level (I'm 6'1") I had to get on my knees (no joke) to wash my hair and shower off. You could always play contortionist and try bending backwards or bend over forward and have all the soap rinse all over your face? Just thought I'd bring it up. To finish up the Days Inn is adequate, breakfast is ok, parking is fine, location is close within a short walk/ drive to a lot of restaurants and stores which was nice. Staying there again next week, even with the ghosts.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived around 8pm after leaving Friday Harbor earlier in the day. The person at the desk was helpful, giving recommendations for the Thai restaurant next door. The carpet in the hallway is in serious need of replacement and when we arrived at our room, we had a non-smoking room instead of the smoking one we had requested on hotels.com. The interior of the room was a pleasant surprise, with large flat screen TV, nice bed linens and towels and plenty of room for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Verify with the hotel if you have a special room request.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The location worked out great and the inn was very nice. We used this location as a hub on our trip between Vancouver BC and Seattle, and it worked out great.I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and clean, as well as lobby and other common areas. Something similar to what I would expect to see in a big chain hotel, at a much better value. Deluxe continental breakfast included… What really made my stay nice, was the staff. All were very friendly and helpful, both prior to arrival and during my stay. I was planning my trip from a far, and had many questions. They took the time on the phone to provide me with helpful info on area and local transportation long before I checked in. I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were supposed to stay at the Days Inn, Bellingham WA from 3/15/2012-3/19/2012. On 3/13/2012 a person from the hotel staff called to inform me that our reservation had been cancelled. According to her, a large corporate account had decided to extend their stay, so our reservation was being cancelled. They offered me a $25.00 gas card for the inconvience. Also told me about a hotel in Mount Vernon that had a vacancy. All rooms in Bellingham were booked. I called and reserved the room at the Tulip Inn. The only issue I had with this motel was the fact that it was thirty miles from my family, so much for the gas card. So as you can see, I can't review this Days Inn, only the corporate customer service. I will not stay in a Days Inn, ever. I can review the Tulip Inn, Mount Vernon as a very nice room with great customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

Travelled on business with family...2 adults, 1 infant, 1 large dog. We had a king size on first floor, updated with the modern darker wood furniture, flat screen TV, older but nice fridge, didnt use microwave, older heating unit but room stayed comfy most of the time. Pool closed for winter. Hubby went upstairs for vending machine and did notice the cigarette smoke. We were glad to be on lower level. Realize, its a trade off....our window was more like a basement/fire escape as we were in back side of building werecthecparking lot is higher. We could hear lots of doors closing and floorboards above squeaked, but folks were respectful and everything quoted down at night. We slept well, bed and bath are decent. Shower had some temp issues, but warm water always came back...and again....the price and staff made up any "issues". We needed a crib, extra towels, coffee, and sheets.....all brought to us quickly. Crib is a clean Gracpo pack n play. The front counter staff we're all college age students, and the care was above and beyond. I asked for a late check out, granted with no grumbles. When the key auto reset at noon, they reactivated it with no problem. Being a nursing mom, it was so nice to have the few extra hours available to come back to the room, so we could rest and feed in privacy. An extra thank you for letting us back in our room for a last minute diaper change, since our little one decided to do his thing right before we pulled out of the parking lot. The restroom in lobby doesn't have a changing area, so it was very nice to get back to the room for one more thing. From outside, it doesn't look good....building is tired, and sketchy apartments next door. BUT the price, decent room, and helpful staff made it so we would stay again, if the price was still great next time.

• Stayed March 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Made a last minute booking and most of BHAM was booked up, so I chose the Days Inn. The best part of the hotel is def. the room decor. Flat screen TV and leather chairs with a contemporary feel, it was nicer than I had expected based on the rest of the property. The lobby, stairwells, fixtures and outsides were quite dated.

They almost matched a lower rate that I had found on a 3rd party site and the front desk staff was very friendly.

I usually stay at hotels that are a step up from this, but the Days Inn definatly was a decent alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. The hotel is built into a hill so the back 2nd floor rooms are actually at ground...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ladysmith, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a great deal, the park & fly program is great for departing from Bellingham Airport. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is great and transfers to the airport are perfect. We have already recommended this property to our friends and we will be back. The helpful staff is a pleasure to deal with, all in all it is a great value for the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Bellingham? Share your experiences!