“All you expect from a budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Franklin, North Carolina
“All you expect from a budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, the people are friendly, the pool is clean and has a hot tub too! Breakfast is good and of the type you would expect. The only complaint I have is that the free wireless internet was too slow to be useful at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to Bellingham Airport, and we needed to be there by 6:00 am to catch our 7:00 am flight. The Econolodge is right next to I-5, and there's a constant noise to be heard from the Highway at all hours of the day or night. I would say that this bothered me more in the daytime than it did at night. I suggest to travellers that you try to get one of the rooms facing away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the Highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was one of the nicest places we've stayed on our journey from Texas to Alaska and back again. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean. The beds were SUPER comfortable. The location was convenient and safe. And to top it off, the price was very reasonable. If we're ever in Bellingham again, were definitely staying here! :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice staff, clean rooms, good price, and a pool and hot tub. Great value! Near highway entrance and downtown. The breakfast in the morning left something to be desired but the coffeemaker in the room was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at this location on several occasions. The rooms are dated but also clean and allow for a quiet's night rest. The employees are always friendly and appreciate your business. They provide a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite with separate kitchen area and living room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This motel is located on the quiet south side of I-5, but just a short distance to all Bellingham shopping on the Guide Meridian. The rooms facing south are the quietest. The room was clean and came with a fridge and microwave, which is very handy to make your own snacks. We are not early risers, so did not take advantage of the continental breakfast. We have stayed here many times in the past and will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've stayed here off an on over the years and its always been a good value for the money. The location is convenient and easy to find (right off I-5). Free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. The staff is friendly and responds well to requests.

The room is what you would expect, just a standard room. It is clean and well kept. The hotel has made an effort to be a "green hotel" so when you enter the room you have to turn on a power strip which then turns on your TV, microwave, fridge, etc. I think this is a great idea. I try to do my part by NOT requesting that they change the sheets or the towels during my stay. If I need extra towels I give them a quick call and problem solved.

The pool is decent and well maintained. Its an outdoor pool so only available in the summer months.

My ONLY complaint is that on my very last visit I showed up unannounced as I always have and was shocked to find the room prices had DOUBLED for that weekend. The staff were very courteous and explained that there was a soccer tournament in town and that June, July, and August were months one should avoid if you're expecting a deal. I quick hotel search on my phone and I discovered that almost every hotel in town was fully booked and the prices were all higher. Fair market value. Supply and demand. I certainly don't expect them to "give" their rooms away. I'll simply book my room ahead of time next time and avoid the surprise. :-)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are fairly quiet. I prefer to stay on the top floor away from the pool and away f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business