“Bellingham Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Calgary
“Bellingham Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at this location on several occasions. The rooms are dated but also clean and allow for a quiet's night rest. The employees are always friendly and appreciate your business. They provide a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite with separate kitchen area and living room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This motel is located on the quiet south side of I-5, but just a short distance to all Bellingham shopping on the Guide Meridian. The rooms facing south are the quietest. The room was clean and came with a fridge and microwave, which is very handy to make your own snacks. We are not early risers, so did not take advantage of the continental breakfast. We have stayed here many times in the past and will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've stayed here off an on over the years and its always been a good value for the money. The location is convenient and easy to find (right off I-5). Free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. The staff is friendly and responds well to requests.

The room is what you would expect, just a standard room. It is clean and well kept. The hotel has made an effort to be a "green hotel" so when you enter the room you have to turn on a power strip which then turns on your TV, microwave, fridge, etc. I think this is a great idea. I try to do my part by NOT requesting that they change the sheets or the towels during my stay. If I need extra towels I give them a quick call and problem solved.

The pool is decent and well maintained. Its an outdoor pool so only available in the summer months.

My ONLY complaint is that on my very last visit I showed up unannounced as I always have and was shocked to find the room prices had DOUBLED for that weekend. The staff were very courteous and explained that there was a soccer tournament in town and that June, July, and August were months one should avoid if you're expecting a deal. I quick hotel search on my phone and I discovered that almost every hotel in town was fully booked and the prices were all higher. Fair market value. Supply and demand. I certainly don't expect them to "give" their rooms away. I'll simply book my room ahead of time next time and avoid the surprise. :-)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are fairly quiet. I prefer to stay on the top floor away from the pool and away f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room was okay. It was clean and well kept. The towels are skimpy and the tub is not big enough to enjoy a bath. We were charged at least $50 over the normal rate due to the particular weekend we were there. I would expect to at least have cable for the price, which we did not have. The pool was decent and clean. The staff were friendly and the continental breakfast was okay. If you stay here, do ask for a room away from the casino if you don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the casino to avoid being woken by the noise of the people that visit the c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for noting some of our good features, and I do apologize for our short Cummings. I am concerned that you did not have cable in your room, because the hotel certainly does have cable service. I had our maintenance man check out the TV in your room, and apparently a previous guest had re-programmed it for antenna instead of cable. I am so sorry that we were not aware of this at the time of your stay.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed in the same suite as before, this time we needed to use the third bed(hide-a-bed). It was so uncomfortable and bent out of shape that I had to sleep on the love seat it came out of. I had 3 thirteen year old girls with me and was very disgruntled to see adults drinking alcohol at the pool the girls were using. The rules clearly state no alcohol at the pool, but staff did nothing, and the people weren't even hiding it, they had their bottle of wine beside them. Also, the suite was to have 2 TV's, one in the "bedroom" and one out front and there was only the one out front. When I went to the front desk to inquire, she did not even know that there was one missing. Nothing was done to replace it. Two different light bulbs were flickering, candy wrapper wrapped on the inside lock, hair all over the bathroom floor. Called the front desk for a duvet for my bed and an extra bath towel (I had made reservations 6 weeks in advance and they knew how many guests) as they only had 3. She gave me one of those itchy blankets that were already on my hide-a-bed and said they didn't have any more duvets---but inside the binder it said you could purchase them?? Anyways, woken up at 5:30 am by the people upstairs walking around, sounded like they were going to come right through the ceiling---it was HORRIBLE! Oh, and no bath mat either. Windows were filthy, lamp shade had a funky lean to going on. I don't think I will ever stay there again, even though they gave me a couple coupons for 15 % off next time.....Thanks, but no thanks. If you decide to go there, may I say DO NOT rent the suite, it does NOT sleep 6 comfortably, save your money and get the 2 queen beds and RENT a COT, and for God's sake, make sure you stay on the top floor!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a suite and make sure and stay on the top floor. Watch your kids arou...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are truly sorry that your stay this time was unsatisfactory. We strive to make all our rooms as clean and inviting as possible. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our maintenance, housekeeping and front desk staff, and steps have been taken to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This place is where I stay when I want a clean cheap place to stay while visiting bellis fair mall. It is not glamorous, it is functional. It's across the street from the mall always low price and includes breakfast. Perfect for my needs and free wifi

• Stayed May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Obvious pride in ownership as the room facilities were very good and the property, including the parking areas, was well maintained. This is an older structure (with elevator) that has been completely rehabbed. The automatic pancake maker was the highlight of the excellent complimentary breakfast. Location is wonderful if you wish to go to the airport and it is also in walking distance of shopping and restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Signed: FrankL

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are probably somewhat quieter but cost marginally more.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham? Share your experiences!