“PLEASE stay somewhere else!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Vancouver, Canada
“PLEASE stay somewhere else!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is old. The floors above you squeak and our upstairs neighbours pounded around on their floor until 2am, then started at 6am. You can hear everything above you while you sleep - the people talking, peeing, flushing, walking around (EVERY single step). We asked the manager to talk to them, but it didn't help (the people above us got louder - actually jumping off beds onto the floor). We didn't want to keep complaining so we put up with the noise, but the manager told us in the morning if we kept coming to tell them they would have asked them to leave. I didn't want to keep getting up, leaving my kids alone, to go tell the manager.

The morning pancake maker doesn't work consistently and the breakfast was pretty mediocre.

Location is good; rooms and bathrooms are spacious.

Staff is nice but obviously powerless to help in the situation we faced. The stale smoke smell is HORRENDOUS!! It was nauseating.

A few weeks after our trip I found a charge on my credit card for a rollaway cart that we did not ask for, receive or use. They said on the phone they had no way to prove that I didn't use it, and would charge me anyway. Then I got mad. I asked for a manager and the clerk came back on the phone snickering and said she would reverse the charge. Can't say I'm too happy with their customer service or professionalism.

I would not stay here again, no matter how inexpensive it is. I would suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel; if you do stay anyway - stay on the top floor (but please be considerate o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We decided to stay here and were not disappointed. For a reasonable priced hotel, this was a great value. We went up to Mt Baker and this was ideally close to both I-5 and the road to Mt Baker - which is worth the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and writing a review.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with great customer service and an overall satisfactory stay.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Did not notice the fitness room. Rooms are super clean. Pool is on the smaller side but also very clean as is the hot tub. Good stock of pool towels on deck as well as a few tables with umbrellas and chairs. Wifi seemed good and we had no complaints about the continental breakie.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review for us. We appreciate all of our reviewers.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel staff greeted us with our dog like we were family. Trying to find a hotel that takes pets is very hard to find and very pricey. The staff greeted us like family. So very friendly and very helpful. You do not find this type of service in many places anymore. They cater to your dog with respect and that 'Buddy Pack' they give to your dog as you arrive is so nice.
The rooms were very clean, the both times we have stayed. They do patrol the area and will not put up with anyone who is causing any problems. The comp breakfast is great. As you check out,staff and even the manager always asks how you enjoyed your stay and they always thank you for visiting. That is why we came back and will do again. Customer service, genuine care and a great experience. And THANK YOU for having smoking rooms!!! A+

Room Tip: You have a choice. Smoking or non smoking rooms!!! All comforts here that suites all needs! :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We thank you for the glowing recommendation. We value your feedback and will share it with our staff. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience. We sincerely appreciate your review, and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our overall stay was great for the cost ground level room close to parking was exactly what we needed for our trip nothing more. But if your looking for a longer stay with more to offer I wouldnt suggest it

Room Tip: We were in 111 ground level close to parking perfect for anyone who dosent like stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with our usual excellent customer service and accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.
Burlington, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

An average motel, but easy to get to from I 5. Room was clean and surprisingly quite for being next to the freeway and on ramp. Close to shopping. Free breakfast was usual fair. Parking close to room cam be a challenge.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us & writing a review. We are constantly making every effort to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again and giving us another chance to provide you with accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I myself work front desk for a small hotel in Vancouver, so I guess i was expecting more from a chain of hotels.

The house ladies were helpful and polite, while the old lady at the front desk was mean and didn't give two craps.

I'm a single mother of three 10, 4, 3.

Day of check out, she was busy having a conversations with other people behind the desk....first of all let me explain my morning so you can understand where i was coming from.

no wake up call at 6:00 am and they said yet, but i was sleeping right beside the phone and nada. woke up at 8:00 am, train leaves at 9:30, 15 minutes to the train but my children needed to eat breakfast.

asked for a to-go box they didn't have one, asked for a to-go bag they gave me a garbage bag. took me 45 minutes to check out and my children had to eat on the go.

then she told me to pack some fruits, and if she read my profile, she would know im from canada and I cannot take fruits with me through the border.

over-all the rest of the trip was great, due to the house ladies of the hotel, if it weren't for them i definately wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing the meet your expectations regarding the wake up call and the lack of full attention to your needs on your recent visit. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We would like to let you know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.