“A brief stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Mount Vernon, Washington
“A brief stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was a spontaneous decision to stay over in Bellingham. The staff were helpful and responsive. Offered a small additional discount because it was a birthday. Clean Room for a reasonable price. The location provided easy access to evening activities and restaurants. They worked well with the Choice Priviledges program to secure a favorable room rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
NORTH VANCOUVER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I used my points for a free night prior to our flight out to DL;
The room was your standard dble Queen.
I had just seen a show on how filthy the majority of hotels are, so i did a wipe down for the first time ever.
Parking was free of course and there was a small continental breakfast served in the office.
Check in /out was nice and fast.

Wish the walls were not so thin, couple next door were having fun. I think she was the "Boston Wailer".
Glad my kids were unable to figure out what was going on. Eldest slept through it along with the youngest.
My 8 year old daughter was not so lucky, she thought it was a baby squealing.....LOL

Room Tip: Ask for the back off the Hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We just needed a place for one night and we were a bit hesitant walking into the Econolodge. They gave us a great rate ($70 taxes included) for a queen room with fridge and microwave. The decor may be a bit dated, but the room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was okay: cereals, bagels, toast, fruit, prepackaged muffins, hard boiled eggs and THE pancake maker, which I've seen a few times before in hotels. The location of the hotel is good, close by the mall and the shopping district. If we were ever to stay in the Bellingham region again, I would totally choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Red Deer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay the night, we stopped at a few different Hotels like the Comfort Inn,and the Baymont Inn, they were all over a $115,00 a night.then our GPS send us to this Econolodge and it was $65.00 a night.
The room was on the second floor facing the pool, it all looked pretty clean we did not make use out of the pool however.
The room was clean and comfortable, it came with a small fridge, and microwave perfect to keep our food cool and ice packs frozen.The wi-fi works great, and the breakfast was also great, enough to keep you going till lunch I would recomend this place to any one, even the Queen!!

Now If only the Econo lodge could do something about the rain.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was looking for a quiet, relatively inexpensive motel for a single overnight stay while on business in the area. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly, Continental Breakfast was good. The pancake maker was interesting - certainly not as messy as Belgian Waffle makers and the batter is all self-contained to so it's not sitting out exposed to the air. Room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I got a very restful night's sleep. Room also has a microwave and fridge in it. You need to get tokens from the front desk to use the ice machine. I got a couple, but actually didn't end up using them. Easy access to/from I-5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Silverdale, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We attended the Vintage Travel Trailer show in Lynden, WA and staying in Bellingham fit right into our plans. We were expecting budget lodging on a budget price but were pleasantly surprised to find that we got much more for our money. The room was very clean, everything worked, the staff was very nice and responsive to our needs, the outside pool was wonderful and the complimentary breakfast was tasty and offered a variety of choices. I can say nothing negative about this motel and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at this Econo Lodge Labor day weekend. My stay was more accidental than intended as I had two days of meetings to attend and had orginally intended to drive back and forth from my home in Langley, BC to Bellingham for the meetings. However after Saturday mornings 2.5 hour border line up I knew that I couldn't do that again.

This was not my first choice but being labor day weekend it seemed that every every hotel I called said every room was booked. I finally got lucky at the Econo Lodge. The reception desk was friendly and courteous and check in was smooth. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub right out front by reception. While I didn't make use of it, it looked clean, well maintained and was certainly popular.

My room was a single queen that was in adequate condition for this class. The room is fairly large and had ample room for a table and a couple of chairs. There is some wear and tear evident in the carpet and damage on the moldings, walls and doors but most importantly the room was clean.

Breakfast is included and was typical motel continental fare. Juices, coffee, cereals and a selection of pastries and breads as well as hard boiled eggs and a rather unique pancake maker that provided fresh hot pancakes to order.

I have given it 4 stars, I probably would have given 3.5 if that was an option here on trip advisor but thought that 3 was unfair. Especially considering the staff friendliness, effort and courtesy.

Overall it was more than acceptable and I would consider staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham? Share your experiences!