“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
Maple Valley, Washington
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

My family and I visited Bellingham over spring break and was suprised to find such a great hotel for low price.The staff was freindly and helpful, the room clean and quiet. Free breakfast and Wi-Fi were an added bonus

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
richmond, bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Bellingham A/P charges $9/day.
For 1 night's stay, you get 1 week free parking on property.
It's not monitored / locked gated parking, so don't leave your Porsches.
This is definitely a no-frills hotel. There's outdoor poor but closed due to the cold (Spring).
The hotel lobby smells of Chlorine (minor irritation).
They charge $70/night but you need to get cab to and from airport (another $25). So, figure it's $25 more than parking at airport, but you can relax in the morning and have a small breakfast at this hotel, and be on time for your flight and not have to worry about cross Can/US border (I am assuming you're Canadian).
Room is relatively clean (not spotless).
The parking is fine, although they don't want you to park in front lot, but the side lot (not as good for security). Don't know why they make this rule. My van was there 1 week and no issues with security.
Unlike Hampton Inn (closer to airport), they DO NOT charge a higher hotel rate if you park there (Hampton wanted $144/night!!!).

Hotel is on Merridien, so close to restaurants and shopping.
Outdoor corridors for the rooms.
Overall, I would use them again if I want to fly out of Bellingham. No hassles.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Deming, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I enjoyed this hotell very much, staff was geat, and the service was wonderfull, close to the mall, i would recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Burlington, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. The staff was friendly, clean room, and free breakfast.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was expecting a dive, and when we drove up and saw police and a casino I was even more nervous. HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprised by our stay. The room was clean and quiet. And the breakfast was large and satisfying. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Vernon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

On the plus side, the staff was friendly. The place was fairly clean. The kids enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was a bonus.

On the negative, I could not handle the smell of smoke in our non-smoking room. It became increasingly worse as the night went on. The rooms on the backside are noisy as they back onto the highway. And, even noisier was the air conditioner that would wake us up when it kicked on. The beds were not good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

The price was right but I would have paid more for a clean room. I had about 20 minutes before my allergies got really bad. This in spite of my allergy meds I'm regularly on AND the bendril I took because I couldn't breath. The room was DIRTY. I opened the fridge and was met by a handful of crumbs that had built up in the pull. Once open I was greeted by a nose-full of sour milk smell. When I turned down the bed I noticed LOTS of crumbs, filth and dust along all sides of the night stand. The bed was OLD, broken down and stained but were a perfect match for the old lumpy pillows. The sink area had sticky spots all over the counter and there was a significant size fuzzy gray mold growing from a wet spot in the corner of the ceiling. The bathroom had hair all over it, floor, toilet, tub, even stuck to the wall and you could still see moist wipe marks on the toilet seat. The only window in the place opened directly onto a walkway that afforded no privacy. To top this all off, several guests were smoking out in front of their rooms and it carried into our room very heavily. Washington state has strict smoking laws that the hotel did a poor job of enforcing. Finally, not to necessarily blame the hotel for this one but, the hot sticky weather in Bellingham (rare) brought out an array a sweaty, shirtless older men that insisted on hanging out on the steps smoking. Ew Just keep in mind this is the caliber of customer attracted to the EconoLodge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
We are terribly sorry that this guest had such a bad experience. It really doesn't even sound like our hotel. We have received numerous compliments on how clean our rooms are. We've even ranked 98/100 on our inspection for cleanliness. Most of our mattresses have been purchased within the past year and our pillows were all new in Feb 2010. Our hotel has exterior corridors, so yes, the windows and doors open directly to the outside. A benefit to some. The picture portrayed of the sweaty shirtless old men is something out of a movie and hard to believe in our small quiet town of Bellingham. Had we been given the opportunity to remedy any of the problems, we certainly would have made this guest's experience alot more satisfying.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham? Share your experiences!