“Perfect, Worth driving here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 388 restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect, Worth driving here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After a day of shopping, my husband and I wanted to go out to dinner. The soy House was close by and we decided to take a chance on Vietnamese food. He had never tried it but I had once before and thought I would not know what was on the menu. The place is small in a shopping center and I think you have to go a bit out of your way to get there since it is not facing a main street. Don't let the size of this place determine its worth. The tables were nearly always full at 6pm on a Saturday. The older gentleman server was very helpful at suggesting items for us. I was delighted to see the menu also in english. We could not have been more delighted with the size of the meal and the taste. Absolutely delicious. Even if you have never tasted Vietnamese food, now its time to take the challenge. Its worth it. Our total bill for 2 people was $25.79, including beverages.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Santa Cruz, California
“Fresh and Flavorful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am frequently in Bellingham on business and look forward to dining at Soy House. I can dine alone, read a paper or talk with the staff. The food is fresh, healthy and flavorful. My favorite is the green papaya salad. All of the soups are delicious. Authentic, yet creative cuisine.

I prefer to dine at the counter so I can watch the artful preparation.

The dessert menu is a bit limited. I wish there was more to select.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, WA
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've never had a bad meal here. They're very accommodating to customers with food restrictions. i.e. gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We regularly eat at Soy House. The manager/owner is the nicest man, as is all the family.
The food is delicious and consistent. It's a small place but the food and service are big time.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco
“Very Fresh Ingredients!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was visiting from San Francisco and went here based on the positive Yelp reviews. It was great! In SF there are so many Vietnamese restos but I just loved Soy House. The food was fresh and delicious and the staff will go out of its way to accommodate customers. I ordered the spring roll and chicken salad. I thought it was strange that the menu offers just one spring roll at $1.99 but it was one big roll cut in two and was the perfect size. The chicken salad was delicious - a bed of lettuce with slivers of carrots and cucumbers and bean sprouts. The peanut dressing that came with the salad was just okay - I asked for the vinaigrette that is served with bun and liked that much better with the salad. The prices were very reasonable and the ingredients they use is very fresh. I hope to find a little gem like this back in San Francisco. But the next time I'm back in Bellingham, I will definitely return to this place!

Visited August 2012